• Replies 65k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

Will it be a sad day when the United States surpasses england in football?

Wouldn't be surprised if in the next decade they do. English Football has really taken a downhill in promoting youth and has become more of a foreign takeover rather than a league with actual identity. Not to mention English talent now compared to the 90's is not even debatable tbh. The quicker they make a team around Sterling and Barkley the better.

The United States have actually got an incentive with the national side and it looks to carry out a bright future.

Will it be a sad day when the United States surpasses england in football?

It's only logical that they do in my opinion.

The size of the nation, the growing interest in "soccer" and the extraordinary facilities that you have will prove that. I'm sure the money involved will also be a massive influence as well.

americans always show the visitors first .at least MLB do

In all of our sports we show the home team last, but you English have been influencing us enough that we now list the Home team first & say 1-nil instead of 1-zero/nothing. Then add the fact that we are starting to like to serve bitters a bit warmer than you would with a lager :Goober:

In all of our sports we show the home team last, but you English have been influencing us enough that we now list the Home team first & say 1-nil instead of 1-zero/nothing. Then add the fact that we are starting to like to serve bitters a bit warmer than you would with a lager :Goober:

I wish we (English ) would copy the prices you charge for food and beer at Sports events

and what your stores charge for clothes

I wish we (English ) would copy the prices you charge for food and beer at Sports events

We charge too much for food & drink @ sports events. It has even gotten worse. I remember going to tailgaters to get your groove on. I hear that in some places they are preventing that so one has to buy the water down Bud that everyone associates w/ us Yanks. I rather go to a pub, drink for a couple hours then stumble down the road to a match. I wish I could come back to England to that once more. Next time I want to goto an away match.

you

We charge too much for food @ sports event. It has even gotten worse. I remember going to tailgaters to get your groove on. I hear that in some places they are preventing that so one has to buy the water down Bud that everyone associates w/ us Yanks. I rather go to a pub, drink for a couple hours then stumble down the road to a match. I wish I could come back to England to that once more. Next time I want to goto an away match.

compare the prices at Augusta to golf in UK ,, If you come to UK try an away game at Newcastle or

Sunderland

compare the prices at Augusta to golf in UK ,, If you come to UK try an away game at Newcastle or

Sunderland

I was thinking Everton or even a Midlands side. Then again, I wouldn't mind going to one of those other West London sides - A London Derby - when I came to Stamford Bridge, I didn't drink inside the ground. Hell I went to Waitrose & bought their cheap scotch.....It went down good

I was thinking Everton or even a Midlands side. Then again, I wouldn't mind going to one of those other West London sides - A London Derby - when I came to Stamford Bridge, I didn't drink inside the ground. Hell I went to Waitrose & bought their cheap scotch.....It went down good

I always enjoyed going to Craven Cottage ,, its a kind of antique place . Better Turf Moor than Goodison

or try Swansea

I always enjoyed going to Craven Cottage ,, its a kind of antique place . Better Turf Moor than Goodison

Funny you mentioned Craven Cottage. When I stayed in London, I was about a mile from Craven Cottage. I went for a morning jog & went past Craven Cottage. At first glance, I thought it was a Cathedral. Then I ran on the other side of the river & from that viewpoint Craven Cottage looked like a 'proper football pitch'. See you English are rubbing off on me. I used the words of proper & football pitch :)