The English Football Thread

Steve

I believe now there is a fine to be paid over several years. I think 50mil per year for three years. Then there is a transfer limit of I think 50mil again, they can't overspend 50mil or there will be more sanctions. In the CL I believe their squad is reduced from 25 to 21 and their home grown quota is increased along with a salary cap.

Effectively they still get into Europe but they can't have a large wage bill and they need to have about 9 home grown players.

From what i've read, City needs to have 8 locally-trained players in their reduced squad size of 21.....meaning that certain 'squad role' players will miss out next season...and a few of their homegrown youngsters will get an opportunity

• Replies 65.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

From what i've read, City needs to have 8 locally-trained players in their reduced squad size of 21.....meaning that certain 'squad role' players will miss out next season...and a few of their homegrown youngsters will get an opportunity

Bad for City good for England. Knowing the way the world works, the bastards will uncover a gem.

What a game. Still can't believe Crystal Palace managed to get a draw...

Rodgers is clueless about the defensive side of the game..

I wouldn't say he's clueless, just extremely naive. He should've shut up shop after the first goal but because of his naivety Liverpool suffered. Atrocious from him really.

Think it's a bit of both really. Against Palace, Rodgers was indeed naive in the way he managed the game. Liverpool can't be faulted for their intention of wanting to close that GD gap on City but if they are going try and score more goals, at least doing with a plan, intelligence and cohesion. If you can't get what you want, then hold what you have. Anything can still happen in the remaining games. Instead, they were just mindlessly charging forward, committing so many men forward without any thought of keeping their team balanced. Already their defence is so hopeless, they went and leave themselves exposed on the break which only made it worse. Did Liverpool think they were playing a side from the Conference that was just gonna roll over and not pose any threat to them? Don't want to be mean but can't help but to think "what stupidity!" when you see what Liverpool were doing and it got even more laughable when you Johnson's woeful defending for all 3 goals and Skrtel stupidly charged out to make a challenge and left a gap in his defence.

On the bigger issue, you gotta question Rodgers's ability to organize his team defensively and maintain the right balace when attacking and/or defending. How many times we've said this season that Liverpool have looked rubbish defensively with them conceding so many poor goals but only got out of jail because of Suarez, Sturridge (and refereeing decisions) etc? Even though they won these games, Liverpool have conceded 2 goals against Fulham, Norwich, Villa and even 3 against teams like Cardiff, Swansea, Stoke, Hull. They may score a lot of goals but to concede that many at the same time against poor sides like those is appalling especially in the manner they did. We said if we had beaten more of the lesser teams, we would have won the league by now. Guess the similar thing can be said of Liverpool, had they conceded less in those games, they could have won the title by now or be in a position of having same points as City but not worry about their GD. Rodgers can buy all the quality defenders he wants but if he and his staffs doesn't put more thought and effort into getting his side organized and solid defensively, Liverpool are gonna get horribly found out next season especially in Europe when every mistake would be punished clinically (like Dortmund experienced 2 seasons ago). Perhaps, Rodgers should watch videos and/or refer back to what he learned from Mourinho.

The guy crying tried to cannibalize a piece of the spine of our team just a year ago. If we cant laugh at his agony then who can we laugh at? :D

Well he didnt bite you ;) And yesterday he didnt play against us and had no connection with us (we were already out of race).

I think its alright to make joke about him in this case, karma is a bitch after all...but keep certain level of respect still.

Bad for City good for England. Knowing the way the world works, the bastards will uncover a gem.

We have plenty of great talent too, Its our fault if we cant integrate them into first team.

Well he didnt bite you ;) And yesterday he didnt play against us and had no connection with us (we were already out of race).

I think its alright to make joke about him in this case, karma is a bitch after all...but keep certain level of respect still.

Mathematically we are still in the race. Even if its only for another 24 hours :D

I can understand conceding 1 random goal, but 3 goals.....

Europe will not be kind to them next season.

LOL they won't even get 1 point, maybe a couple of goals from penalties if they are lucky but GD will be around -20 after the 6 games.

No, they still have to pay for it via the clubs coffers, so it'll reflect on the official financial report, but UEFA won't count it against them for FFP. How else would they going to improve their FFP situation if they kept getting fined for it?

At the end of the day, it is like Sheik Mansour is paying the 50m fine...