The English Football Thread

Steve

Bet this City/FFP ordeal gets dragged out past the end of the week response deadline.

Would be one hell of a favor to us this summer window if both City and PSG are slowed down a bit.

• Replies 65k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

Terry cried after the cl defeat and a lot of opposing fans laugh at the sight of that.

Yeah but the point is everyone should respect each other...If their fans have low level of inteligence, dont try to follow them...

I would only care if WE were involved in this game...If they defeated us, I would be pissed on them, if we would win, I would cheer for us. But when some other team plays with another, that has nothing to do with Chelsea, I dont see point in mocking them...Its just level of stupidity, grow up and respect others. What the fuck have they (pool players) done to you? Even players themselves respect each other (in most cases), but fans often like to provoke. People always talk ''positive football'' but in next sentence, they blast opponent just for fun...

I would understand if we were still in title race, then I would be extremely happy for Lpool losing, but in this case, I dont have any reason to mock them. After all, they finished season above. The reason why people mock them on this forum is because no one has smarter work to do and as sometimes its funny, people take it too seriously.

Being Chelsea fan and all, I dont want Lpool to win league, or even us, but one has to admit they had great season, and I wait the day when fans and media around the world will cheer and respect us as they respect Lpool (or any other top team like Barca, Bayern, United, Bvb, atletico...) and the day we will play football where we would literaly blow away all opponents from competiton (instead of having these tight 2:1 or 1:0 games where you can get heartattack every time watching us :D ).

That's unreal men.

See this is what I said ffp was all about. It was never to kicked out the big clubs.

It was more to use it as an avenue to get cash into their hands from wealthy owners.

Clever Platini (or Blatter?) is clever...its legal way how to get money from rich lol.

Yeah but the point is everyone should respect each other...If their fans have low level of inteligence, dont try to follow them...

I would only care if WE were involved in this game...If they defeated us, I would be pissed on them, if we would win, I would cheer for us. But when some other team plays with another, that has nothing to do with Chelsea, I dont see point in mocking them...Its just level of stupidity, grow up and respect others. What the fuck have they (pool players) done to you? Even players themselves respect each other (in most cases), but fans often like to provoke. People always talk ''positive football'' but in next sentence, they blast opponent just for fun...

I would understand if we were still in title race, then I would be extremely happy for Lpool losing, but in this case, I dont have any reason to mock them. After all, they finished season above. The reason why people mock them on this forum is because no one has smarter work to do and as sometimes its funny, people take it too seriously.

Being Chelsea fan and all, I dont want Lpool to win league, or even us, but one has to admit they had great season, and I wait the day when fans and media around the world will cheer and respect us as they respect Lpool (or any other top team like Barca, Bayern, United, Bvb, atletico...) and the day we will play football where we would literaly blow away all opponents from competiton (instead of having these tight 2:1 or 1:0 games where you can get heartattack every time watching us :D ).

The guy crying tried to cannibalize a piece of the spine of our team just a year ago. If we cant laugh at his agony then who can we laugh at? :D

I thought your meant to get banned from Europe?

Break even but we will fine you 50 million...

I believe now there is a fine to be paid over several years. I think 50mil per year for three years. Then there is a transfer limit of I think 50mil again, they can't overspend 50mil or there will be more sanctions. In the CL I believe their squad is reduced from 25 to 21 and their home grown quota is increased along with a salary cap.

Effectively they still get into Europe but they can't have a large wage bill and they need to have about 9 home grown players.

Even the oohhh expression was a little ambiguous

is it sad? is it happy? or... ehh why do i care :lol:

I'd be very interested in hearing more from the guy.

Can Jim sort out a Q+A with him? Perhaps an hour Twitter timeslot to explain the ongoings of the evening.

I thought your meant to get banned from Europe?

Break even but we will fine you 50 million...

That's unreal men.

See this is what I said ffp was all about. It was never to kicked out the big clubs.

It was more to use it as an avenue to get cash into their hands from wealthy owners.

The fines won't count under FFP, just like how youth academy costs don't count.

wow, so they can pay the fine with personal money? For city owner 50Mil only hurt a little :wank2:

No, they still have to pay for it via the clubs coffers, so it'll reflect on the official financial report, but UEFA won't count it against them for FFP. How else would they going to improve their FFP situation if they kept getting fined for it?

wow, so they can pay the fine with personal money? For city owner 50Mil only hurt a little :wank2:

No, it would still count as a loss in their finances but regarding FFP it would be an "exceptional cost" which UEFA allow to exclude. Counting a 50m fine towards FFP would make it virtually impossible for a punished club to break even in the future too so the punishment would definitely be too harsh.

Sure, for a club with a filthy rich owner it's only a drop in the ocean and the money will essentially come from the owner's own pockets and then forgotten about but if a 'normal' club would face such penalty they'd have to sell players or get a bank loan to pay the fine with and paying back the loan would significantly reduce the amount of money they would have available to spend for years to come so the sanction would definitely hit them.