Zola's possible return to Stamford Bridge?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This rumour's been circulating for a good few months now..

I don't mind seeing him back as an Assistant Manager. Having worked with Steve Clarke at West Ham, he'd have his fair share to tactical knowledge and would be a good roll model for the younger players at the club. He could also work with the youth and look at how to integrate players from the academy into the main squad like Clarke does at Liverpool.

Of course he's not the answer to our problems by any mean, but it does add more stability to the club & it's a morale booster to have a club legend working with you. The likes of Terry & Lampard would love this and so will the younger players who watched Chelsea as kids.

clarke_zola_1201377c.jpg

Of course he's not the answer to our problems by any mean

but certainly he will do a better job dan our current assistant manager.........as he know d club from inside n outside........

it does add more stability to the club & it's a morale booster to have a club legend working with you. The likes of Terry & Lampard would love this and so will the younger players who watched Chelsea as kids.

spot on mate.........

Too early for me. I'd wait till he has some experience elsewhere and then get him to be the main man at Chelsea, none of this assistant manager stuff.

I personally have to disagree i think working with someone as high profile as Carlo will teach him a lot as a manager. I do not think he is ready to be a first team coach as of yet. He did a good job with the u21 Italian team but you cannot compare the squads. I think he is a perfect fit for our assistants job and its exactly what we need at the club. His knowledge of the game will help teach the younger kids how to play the game correctly. The likes of two footballing legends in management at Chelsea is the perfect combination for me.

Still a learning curve for him ahead. Mr Nice guys dont usually feature in the top ten coaches in the World unfortunately, there needs to be a combination of motivator, bully, manipulator, and psycholgist.

Important to separate the genius player and all the romance associated with his time at SW6, from a potential coach position.

I would love to see the return of Zola. I don't think he would be the one in charge however. As assistant, he would do wonders, working alongside Ancelotti, then when he had to go, Zola would come in and work his way up as manager, using what he learned from being assistant.

Having Zola as an assistant manager would be perfect. For me we have to at all levels of the club have Chelsea blood running through it, when players retire we need to encourage them to go into coaching our youngsters and work their way up the levels and potentially manage the first team one day. Working alongside Carlo would be great for Zola and if he develos with the learning then there is no reason why he cannot be the top boss in the future.

Guest justin_3d

This would be a good idea.

Zola as an assistant manager.

And just that.

Non of this nonsense of having him as a coach. Carlo is still the best and needs to stay for a lot longer.

But Zola as his assistant will be a very good thing the club does after firing Ray.

Hasn't earned a top job yet. Still quite inexperienced as a manager.

Like everyone else I'd much prefer him as an AM or a coach. Something that makes him 'part of the furniture' here.

Couldn't bear him being sacked as manager after a bad season.

Absolutely yes. The best man for the job. Understands Italian and English fluently. Also understands tactics and football excellently. He could communicate the tactical ideas that Carlo has, that perhaps he couldn't communicate before. Also, he understands and loves the club. He can inject that passion and knowledge into the side.

For Gianfranco, it is a fantastic opportunity to develop his managerial skills and learn from one of the best coaches from the last decade, and potentially take over from Carlo in the future.