what on earth went wrong under Scolari?

Tomo

Scolari teams play bad football, but they win, he is a results manager. He does not like big egos either, when he has the chairman's confidence to back him up, the players go away.

Roman likes beutiful football (like me), results come after that. He also has a very close relation with guys like Drogba and Ballack.

It was never going to work and he is not of my personal preference also.

Felipao (Big Phill) is stil a great coach by the results. He makes everyone in his team to belive they are world class and give their heart. One of the best motivadors in brazilian football. Cant argue with his carrer succes either... 2 Libertadores (SA CL) with 2 different teams, 1 Brazileirao, 2 Copas do Brazil (Brazilian FA CUP, one in this year), 2002 World Cup and a shameful defeat at Euro 2004.

In the end, Chelsea is better with the likes of Mourinho, Ancelotti and Pep.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scolari teams play bad football, but they win, he is a results manager. He does not like big egos either, when he has the chairman's confidence to back him up, the players go away.

Roman likes beutiful football (like me), results come after that. He also has a vare close relation with guys like Drogba and Ballack.

It was never going to work and he is not of my personal preference also.

Felipao (Big Phill) is stil a great coach by the results. He makes everyone in his team to belive they are world class and give their heart. One of the best motivadors in brazilian football. Cant argue with his carrer succes either... 2 Libertadores (SA CL) with 2 different teams, 1 Brazileirao, 2 Copas do Brazil (Brazilian FA CUP, one in this year), 2002 World Cup and a shameful defeat at Euro 2004.

In the end, Chelsea is better with the likes of Mourinho, Ancelotti and Pep.

What makes you think Pep is any better at managing egos? He could not handle Ronaldinho, Deco, Ibrahimovic or Eto'o.

Gullit did nothing wrong IMHO - I certainly can't remember it being bad...

Viallia - again, sometimes tactically naive - but we played some great football under him....

We just need conistency now, stop bringing in different managers as they bring it lots of new players and then they are stuck on the wage bill - we need to commit to RDM for a good 3-4 yrs, or find somebody who we will commit too...

I dont think we'll ever see the likes of SAF, Arse-W & Moyes again - clubs just dont have the patience now, a string of bad results and you're out....

I just hope Spuds get relegated this year - already lots of people complaining about AVB - we did try and warn them :)

He did an AVB, dropped the more older players which was the right idea but never really got results to justify his decision. The fact he struggled to speak English too probably meant he struggled to present his ideas across as accurately as he would of wanted. Also player power raped him something crazy.

He did an AVB, dropped the more older players which was the right idea but never really got results to justify his decision. The fact he struggled to speak English too probably meant he struggled to present his ideas across as accurately as he would of wanted. Also player power raped him something crazy.

And he doesn't have a Plan B when things go wrong on the pitch. He has always looked clueless in countering the oppositions' threat.

I just remember how flat we looked at times. Frustratingly toothless, no edge in the attack, that this weird signing of a free agent (can´t even remember his name). Goodness me, these scoreless draws were sooo awefull to watch. I think we got found out pretty quickly. Pushing the fullbacks back on the pitch, pressuring the DM (Mikel/Essien) and just put one big defender on Anelka...Hiddinks arrival truely was a breaze of fresh air, as he installed Drogba back in the attack. Obviously Hiddink and Ancelotti prolonged the ever needed transition with their success. RdM now has the unthankful task of doing what should´ve started 4 years ago.

I just remember how flat we looked at times. Frustratingly toothless, no edge in the attack, that this weird signing of a free agent (can´t even remember his name). Goodness me, these scoreless draws were sooo awefull to watch. I think we got found out pretty quickly. Pushing the fullbacks back on the pitch, pressuring the DM (Mikel/Essien) and just put one big defender on Anelka...Hiddinks arrival truely was a breaze of fresh air, as he installed Drogba back in the attack. Obviously Hiddink and Ancelotti prolonged the ever needed transition with their success. RdM now has the unthankful task of doing what should´ve started 4 years ago.

Mineiro or something? Some Brazilian?

Yes, exactly. Did he ever came on for us ?

Oh and the signing of Quaresma. Desperate.

I don't even know if he played. I liked Quaresma, useful player tbh. Never fulfilled all his potential though. At Porto he was class but couldn't do the same for Jose's Inter in Italy. Didn't he not assist Alex's goal vs Hull or something though when he was on loan here?

The problem with Scolari is not the players egos, or anything like that.

His tatics are terribe, his teams play really ugly football.

Only in Brazil a guy like that is considered a genius.

This is where Brazil must improve: we dont have good managers, perhaps 3 or 4.

I cant stand this Scolari guy.