Micheal Essien might miss rest of the season

Tomo

The only real concern from this contest was the injury sustained by Michael Essien – whose cartilage and knee ligament problems have interrupted his involvement in the past two seasons and which will require assessment this week once the swelling has receded. The re‑emergence of Mikel John Obi, and the imminent return of Ramires after hamstring problems, will be timely if Essien's campaign is deemed to be over.

http://www.guardian....-premier-league

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rest of the season = 4 games.

They try to make it sound so over dramatic :lol:

Not the point i dont think, last thing Essien needs is another injury (especially a reacurrance) no matter how long or short.

Not the point i dont think, last thing Essien needs is another injury (especially a reacurrance) no matter how long or short.

To be honest, if it is just a minor tweak, I don't really mind. He's not been the same by any stretch of the imagination. Like True_Blue said, we've got 2 other players who (imo) are a better combination for our squad right now..

Mikel

Ramires - Lampard

:)

Love it

Hope Essien returns as the Bison, come August.

I'm wondering if it might be best to say goodbye in the summer. Something I never thought I'd say about Essien,but with his injuries and poor form not to mention when the ACN comes around it's another player we lose. He's got 2 years left on his contract,so try and sell whilst he's still worth something?

I'm wondering if it might be best to say goodbye in the summer. Something I never thought I'd say about Essien,but with his injuries and poor form not to mention when the ACN comes around it's another player we lose. He's got 2 years left on his contract,so try and sell whilst he's still worth something?

not sure, if we go on a bad run of form again there be a lot of Essien pining.

I doubt it. I hope this injury makes him refuse the ACN to be honest, though I fear he'll return to int. duty this summer.

I read an article before in which apparently Essien was guaranteed by Roman he'd still be here next season, so who knows..

sounds like nothing concrete at this stage..from what that article says it just sounds like a lot of speculation.

from the Manchester paper may i add...

i do hope we get an higher quality of medical people at the club tho..even the slightest sniff of an injury can cause panic amongst us and not without reason.

Two seasons ago this news made me miss a few nights sleep. Now, with Ramires and Mikel improving every game, i think we should be fine. Essien is one of the most hard working players at Chelsea and would put his body on the line without being asked. His creative play though needs to be improved..

Might be a blessing in disguise if Ramires is fit because at the moment, Mikel, Lampard and Ramires is probably our best choice anyway right now. Hopefully he's not too badly injured though.

To be honest, if it is just a minor tweak, I don't really mind. He's not been the same by any stretch of the imagination. Like True_Blue said, we've got 2 other players who (imo) are a better combination for our squad right now..

Mikel

Ramires - Lampard

:)

Love it

Hope Essien returns as the Bison, come August.

I have to say, I agree with your post! I reckon it's time to start using the younger generation of players now that it's coming to the end of the Premiership, and it's time for Essien to have a rest. I would love to see McEachran getting some participation in the last 4 games as well because it's a chance to get some games behind you and show the manager if you're really capable of a place in the starting XI ahead of others.

I think Ramires is not fully fit either so that's an even bigger incentive to use McEachran!