Nuri Sahin

Highly doubt the release clause

Yeah I did too but the people I know who follow the bundesliga closely says it could easily be true, their defender Hummels had a similar very low release clause until his contract extension this season.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Danny? Josh? Betrand? A talented trio to replace the current trio.

We should have more then three englishman in an english club!

Cork, Mancienne, Betrand, McEarhan, Walker (Welsh but still), Clifford, Sturridge would be my ideal but the likely hood isn't really that well put about with the stuff the media and the players themselves are saying. Chalobah is another one who looks promising.

We are. I noticed that you have a lot to say against Lampard. Why?

Because everybody says hey Drogba is too old lets kick him out and build for the future. Lampard is only 3 months younger than Drogba. Lets kick him and build for the future. Only fair right? :Goober:

We should have more then three englishman in an english club!

Cork, Mancienne, Betrand, McEarhan, Walker (Welsh but still), Clifford, Sturridge would be my ideal but the likely hood isn't really that well put about with the stuff the media and the players themselves are saying. Chalobah is another one who looks promising.

Walker... He's English, not Welsh... your thinking of Rhys Taylor me thinks. and Conor Clifford's Irish mate :)

Walker... He's English, not Welsh... your thinking of Rhys Taylor me thinks. and Conor Clifford's Irish mate :)

Thanks for the Walker thing, and i knew that but didn't add it in.

But they are both from Great Britain or near Britain either way, and i would love to see more British men involved with the first team, especially since we are an british team.

maybe its becuase he has noticed lampard has regressed or is lampard immune from criticism?

He isn't immune, but Styles said that he would replace Lampard in a heartbeat. That is too much. And when I remember that some here were crying after Ballack...

To say that he isn't able to pass the ball is ridiculus.

He isn't immune, but Styles said that he would replace Lampard in a heartbeat. That is too much. And when I remember that some here were crying after Ballack...

To say that he isn't able to pass the ball is ridiculus.

well maybe not in a heart beat but its time to start phasing him out. he can pass but he isnt that great a passer like xavi, scholes or pirlo making it impossible for him to play the quarterback role. lamps has been a great player for us in the last decade. its now time to look to the future

Great player!

I think we could play him with Essien and Lamps. He can come to chelsea has 'The next Lampard', but if frank will get back

to his form they could play together. He isnt like Ozil, he his more like a 50-50 midfielder, at least close to that.

Realy hope we'll get him.

• 2 weeks later...

Borussia Dortmund have confirmed that they have been unable to agree new terms with midfielder starlet Nuri Sahin.

Real Madrid and Barcelona are understood to be leading the chase for the Turkish international who has been one of Dortmund stars as they look set to seal the Bundesliga title this term.

Sahin is contracted to the club until 2013, but it is believed that he has an agreement that will enable him to leave the club at the end of the season for a set fee - which is reported to be just over £5million.

Dortmund chief executive Hans-Joachim Watzke has confirmed that despite talks no deal has been forthcoming.

"If Nuri Sahin has received an offer from Real Madrid or Barcelona, he has every right to speak to us about that," said Watzke.

"We would have loved to already extend his contract at our club, we have not been able achieve this however. We have been in talks, but there is no agreement on its way."

Injury

Dortmund, meanwhile, have confirmed that Sahin will miss the rest of the season due to a knee injury.

The 22-year-old injured his right knee during his side's 3-0 victory over Freiburg on Saturday.

A subsequent scan on Monday revealed the midfielder has damaged ligaments and is facing six weeks on the sidelines, meaning he will miss the final four games.

Dortmund club doctor Markus Braun told the club's official website: "He will not be able to compete this season again."

Dortmund are on course for their first Bundesliga trophy since 2002, sitting eight points clear of second-placed Bayer Leverkusen.

They can clinch the title on Saturday if they win at rock-bottom Borussia Monchengladbach and Leverkusen fail to defeat eighth-placed Hoffenheim.

I think 5mil would be a great deal for this player. Chelsea should look to expand its squad with players that aren't necessarily expensive, because, in the end of the day, this isn't PES or FIFA Manager. I'm sure there are atleast couple of Messis or Ronaldos whose talent hasn't been discovered or recognized yet. In that sense we should really look out of the box and not only limit our player search with high-flying expensive superstars, who have the exact same chance to fail in Chelsea and EPL in general.

we shouldn`t buy for the sake of it..i love the kid i think he`s a fantastic player but i would want to know where he would be played,in what formation he would play in and whom he would be replacing or atleast getting ahead of in the pecking order.

5m may be the price we would have to pay Dortmund but there`s also the price in his salary and the price we would have to pay if we let the wrong player go to make a place for him.

remember we paid Bayern nothing to get Ballack but he still cost us millions in wages and the chance to develope someone else already on our books.