Adam Johnson

Shaffers

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He seems to have said that he would look at the opportunity, even more that Mancini reproached his attitude.

I just had a nightmare: replacing Zhirkov by Adam "I-run-straigth-to-the-corner-flag" Johnson... It would be an incredibly bad piece of buisness!

Would be a great buy if we can get him for close to 15m... He had be great for our RW position !!! A very direct and pacy player...

City would only sell him for three times that amount to a rival team.

We NEED a winger, because whilst Malouda can cross, neither him nor Zhirkov try and take on players.

Rather him than Yuri "Either foul or failed cross" Zhirkov mate :)

Now Zhirkov's knee problems seems behind him, I don't know in what point the comparison between Johnson and him is to the advantage of AJ...

Zhirkov is versatile and very good a 3 different roles on the pitch, either left back, box to box and left winger ; he is smarter and has an infinitely better vision than Johnson... Zhirkov has the stamina Johnson hasn't, the Russian has a better mentality than Johnson.

Johnson at his best is just a substitute, we cannot envisage to make him a starter if he can play only 55mn every match before being drained ; he is unable to make the difference against top 8 teams, he is very unconstant... City would sell him at least 20m... No, really I don't see any positive aspect in bringing him to Chelsea.

Again, we should have take him when he was at Boro, not now... He is nearly 24 and he seems to have peaked

We need a right winger, not a false right winger as Johnson...

IMHO Danny Boy Sturridge is not a winger, but striker. He seems to do well at the spearhead of an attack.

AJ is not a winger either in the traditional sense, he is a left footed inside forward that plays on the right.

I agree that Sturridge is best used as CF, but thats not going to happen at Chelsea anytime soon.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You