Adam Johnson

Shaffers

Hi everyone,

This is my first post so here it goes. This is not a transfer rumor but more of a personal opinion that we should try and sign Adam Johnson. My reasoning behind this is that we need a reliable right winger who can get you goals as well and Johnson would fit into that category. I also think that the player would be interested in coming because unlike at City, Chelsea would guarantee him a first team place because at City he has the competition from Milner and Wright-Phillips where as at Chelsea we only have Nicko on the right who is not a natural winger. Johnson would also allow us to play the 4-3-3 again which is our best formation with probably Torres up top, which is his best position also. The only sticking point would be the transfer fee for me but after spending 50 mil on Torres who knows? Love to here what you guys think

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fantastic player and he would be a great buy but getting him is sadly pretty much impossible.

I remember us always being heavily linked with him when he was at Middlesbrough.. missed opportunity I guess.

Not a bad idea, he had incredible talent at Middlesbrough, always knew he would get somwhere, he's also got some shot on him from an angle to. I don't see how this would be a bad choice, but i wouldn't say he was first choice if we wanted a winger, then again he can play both wings.

The type of player we need. Young, skillful, direct, scores goals, attacks, English... What more can i say. He'd be a fantastic signing because he is a cracking player. And yes.... he is Chelsea and premiership class imo.

• 2 months later...

Mancini almost never uses him anyway, a cheeky bid would be welcome :)

i would honestly prefer him to neymar , Lukaku or Sneijder .

Maybe Lukaku yeah, not sure i would take him over Neymar or Sneijder tbh.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You