test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shaffers

Adam Johnson

Started by Shaffers,

147 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

This is my first post so here it goes. This is not a transfer rumor but more of a personal opinion that we should try and sign Adam Johnson. My reasoning behind this is that we need a reliable right winger who can get you goals as well and Johnson would fit into that category. I also think that the player would be interested in coming because unlike at City, Chelsea would guarantee him a first team place because at City he has the competition from Milner and Wright-Phillips where as at Chelsea we only have Nicko on the right who is not a natural winger. Johnson would also allow us to play the 4-3-3 again which is our best formation with probably Torres up top, which is his best position also. The only sticking point would be the transfer fee for me but after spending 50 mil on Torres who knows? Love to here what you guys think

Ollie likes this

I don't think he's good enough, as soon as City can they'll replace him with a player that can help them challenge for the title, not top 4.

He's a very good player, much better than any of our 'wingers'. I'd have him in a heartbeat, though I doubt City would want to sell him to an English rival.

Fantastic player and he would be a great buy but getting him is sadly pretty much impossible.

I remember us always being heavily linked with him when he was at Middlesbrough.. missed opportunity I guess.

Not a bad idea, he had incredible talent at Middlesbrough, always knew he would get somwhere, he's also got some shot on him from an angle to. I don't see how this would be a bad choice, but i wouldn't say he was first choice if we wanted a winger, then again he can play both wings.

Can't see them selling their best winger to us.

If we could not get Johnson then I agree Albrighton would be a great signing and I could see him coming as well considering all that is going on at Villa.

The type of player we need. Young, skillful, direct, scores goals, attacks, English... What more can i say. He'd be a fantastic signing because he is a cracking player. And yes.... he is Chelsea and premiership class imo.

Term-X likes this

would love us to make a serious bid to bring adam to Chelsea , creative ,young , quick and English

Mancini almost never uses him anyway, a cheeky bid would be welcome :)

i would honestly prefer him to neymar , Lukaku or Sneijder .

Maybe Lukaku yeah, not sure i would take him over Neymar or Sneijder tbh.

Mancini almost never uses him anyway, a cheeky bid would be welcome :)

Maybe Lukaku yeah, not sure i would take him over Neymar or Sneijder tbh.

i think Dave meant that he`d rather have a cheaper AJ than an overpriced and unproven in English football player. not so much meaning that he thinks AJ is a better player than those three.

i think Dave meant that he`d rather have a cheaper AJ than an overpriced and unproven in English football player. not so much meaning that he thinks AJ is a better player than those two.

yer , i think he has the potential to be as good a player as all three , but i agree that i would prefer to buy a fairly priced English youth talent , who is used to and has proven he can compete in the top flight of English football . He also seems to be a nice guy and a player who is truly interested in playing the game simply because of his love for football . If the media is to be believed then Neymar has a big ego and sneijder is greedy .