Why Malouda has to be dropped

Tomo

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to toot my own horn...

When Malouda settles down & stops trying to shoot - thus work for the team, we'll all laugh at this thread

wave.gif

Let's not ignore what we know he can do when on form. Ref: Last season.

:whistling:

Nah, I'm just kidding :lol: - He owes us a few more consistent performances before we accept his return yet :D

I still stand by the original article because at the time he was not just playing awful but wasnt trying aswell and that hacks me off more than anything.

But fair play to the guy on Wednesday was fantastic, involved in everything and back to the Flo we know and love, i think he knew i was in the building laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Those two goals will help his confidence. Those two goals will help him play as he was at the start of the season and we'll have natural width again! Oh my I'm so happy!

Malouda doesn't give us natural width. He cuts inside all the time, linking up with the overlapping Cole.

Well, here's hoping Cole remembers how to :censored:ing cross then !

I think the problem we have is getting people on the end of crosses, the crosses themselves are decent enough ... usually we'd have Drogba and one other forward in the box in addition to Lamps making his late runs, but it's been missing this season for reasons I don't quite know why. Maybe Drog's lost a yard in pace and obviously Lamps was out for 4 months so that's the difference.

I think the problem we have is getting people on the end of crosses, the crosses themselves are decent enough ... usually we'd have Drogba and one other forward in the box in addition to Lamps making his late runs, but it's been missing this season for reasons I don't quite know why. Maybe Drog's lost a yard in pace and obviously Lamps was out for 4 months so that's the difference.

From the crosses i have seen, they have always seemed to be just thrown in hoping for the strikers to run into space. Betrand and Ferreira's last night is the kind we need coming from both sides. I was heavily impressed by Paulo last night, was good attacking and defending, neverly really connected that much on the right like we did on the left though. Frank has somewhat shown to hesitent outside the box, the 30 - 45 yards in which he would normally have a go and normally score, but has recently gotten back into it, and i do believe he will actually score about 15 at the end of the season (or i hope so).

Malouda doesn't cross as much as he used it, but insides run in the center as dribbles past (or tries) defenders in order for players like Drogba and Cole to find the space, which i am somewhat not inclined too. If we are playing Kalou, it's the same thing.