Why Malouda has to be dropped

Tomo

Kills me to say this because ive always been a huge fan of Malouda but its pretty clear that with his performances in the last few months he should really be thanking his lucky starts if he as much as gets on the bench.

Yes he may have been our best player at the start of the season and one of our best at the end of last season but that shouldn't mean he is an automatic starter now, he has been woefully out of form for a long time and he is making the rest of our current strickers (even on recent form) look like world beaters. I didnt watch the game today but from what ive heard he has been no better than in recent weeks.

Yes Drogba, Anelka, Kalou and Torres have hardly been lighting the world up lately but in select games in the past month or 2 there have been positive signs that there on the way to getting there form back (same with Essien and Lampard).

Drogba against Utd, Stoke (from what i heard he did ok) and City.

Anelka against Sunderland and Copenhagen.

Lampard against Blackpool, Utd and City.

Kalou against Blackpool and City.

Torres against Utd, Copenhagen and from what i heard today.

Essien against Utd and City.

Malouda i honestly can't think of a game since autumn where he has shown signs that he could be returning to form soon, its hard to see where his next decent contribution is going to come from let alone a goal or an assist. Zhirkov ripped Utd apart when he came on a few weeks ago and at Old Trafford last year, he deserves a start against Utd IMHO.

The business end off last season and the start of this when he was on fire i was the first to rant and rave about him but now he is woefully off form and constantly including him will do our team more harm than good.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His attitude stinks more than his dip in form. As someone who devotes a lot of myself to this club, what I primarily want to see is the players giving their all for the team and shedding sweat, blood and tears. That's what is missing with Malouda at the moment.

Just makes you realize the value of guys like the much maligned Kalou who gets a lot of stick inspite of trying every single minute that he's out on the pitch.

His attitude stinks more than his dip in form. As someone who devotes a lot of myself to this club, what I primarily want to see is the players giving their all for the team and shedding sweat, blood and tears. That's what is missing with Malouda at the moment.

Just makes you realize the value of guys like the much maligned Kalou who gets a lot of stick inspite of trying every single minute that he's out on the pitch.

Mate you could not be more right emo3.gif

To me he has the air of a well fed international superstar full up with a double.

This season has been Malouda's worst in all honesty. I'd be glad to see the back of him on the strength of saying that. I'm not mocking his seasons before, no doubt I respect what he did then, but right now, he has been utter shite!

This is why we should allow Zhirkov some games down the left. He's so much quicker and more agile (and more importantly... a lot younger) than Malouda is. I'm just so amazed that Carlo hasn't seen this yet, and he should have noticed this months ago!

Major priority this summer, is to sell Malouda, and get someone twice as young as him, who has promise, and play him week-in-week-out. I know he isn't as consistent for England, but I think Ashley Young would be a great signing if he's used on the left (unsure if he only plays right side though, could someone clarify) :whistling:

His attitude is nothing but arrogant, thinking only about himself. He is not playing for his coach, for his team mates, for the team. Today I was fed up with him after he lost the ball, let Stoke counter attack and walked back, although his player on the left side was running towards the goal. He didn't care.

There is only one answer to this - Yuri Zhirkov.

Zhirkov has to play, still i must say.... What a fuck up that we gave Sturridge to Bolton because he'd be ideal here now. Zhirkov hasn't exactly pulled up trees when he's deputised but he offers a lot more, better skill, better feet and attacks with more purpose.

Zhirkov has to play, still i must say.... What a fuck up that we gave Sturridge to Bolton because he'd be ideal here now. Zhirkov hasn't exactly pulled up trees when he's deputised but he offers a lot more, better skill, better feet and attacks with more purpose.

Sturridge should play upfront. That's where a natural, instinctive finisher like him should be. Putting Sturridge and Kalou out wide is like trying to fit square pegs into round holes.

Agree with everything about Zhirkov for Malouda by the way.

Yeah but he does drift a lot and likes to come and look for the ball like Anelka and Henry. He won't ever be our main striker and as a very good, technically gifted footballer, he could be great for us out wide because he's good with the ball. 

Nope, Studge and left wing where Malouda players is a no. He's far more dangerous in a striker partnership.

As for Malouda...he's been our worst player in quite some time. I'm always for giving another chance to players to prove what they can do, but for him my patience equal to 0. CA needs to call him and say : "Flo, you better start running your ass of out there, or you'll see the door this summer!".