Facebook & Twitter

Facebook is a massive distraction for people. It's another masterminded distraction to stop people asking the real questions in life. It allows governments to apply their draconian policies in peace, because people would rather check their latest "pokes" rather than pick up a newspaper.

/rant

Facebook is a massive distraction for people. It's another masterminded distraction to stop people asking the real questions in life. It allows governments to apply their draconian policies in peace, because people would rather check their latest "pokes" rather than pick up a newspaper.

/rant

Exactly

It is addictive ... but twitter is even more stupid lol. People updating their page with what they had for breakfast, lunch and dinner, what coloured undies they're sleeping in etc.

I use fb but only to keep in touch with a few friends, is a good way to kill time sometimes.

And LDN, I do read the newspaper LOL

/rant

More than that, If anyone thinks Facebook is some sort of benign social service, then just check out the Brave New World philosophy of Silicon Valley hedge fund billionaire, Peter Thiel, its first investor and one of its only five board members. Facebook is a device for opening up new markets for American brands and products and was developed , as was Google with cooperation from the CIA.

Facebooks submission to IAO (Information Office) had the stated mission to gather as much information as possible about everyone, in a centralised location, for easy perusal by the United States government. The fact that 99% of facebook content is mundane drivel doesnt detract from its intended purpose....:)

More than that, If anyone thinks Facebook is some sort of benign social service, then just check out the Brave New World philosophy of Silicon Valley hedge fund billionaire, Peter Thiel, its first investor and one of its only five board members. Facebook is a device for opening up new markets for American brands and products and was developed , as was Google with cooperation from the CIA.

It disgusts me how easily people are willing to put out their personal details on facebook thinking "just because I have my own login and password my details are safe". I've seen people put their real mobile numbers and their real addresses online!! It's absolutely crazy. When I had it, I put the bare minimum and left it as such. :lol: it's even working the benefits of mobile networks because the demand for mobile internet is rising just so people can go on Facebook 24/7. It's quite sickening really..

It disgusts me how easily people are willing to put out their personal details on facebook thinking "just because I have my own login and password my details are safe". I've seen people put their real mobile numbers and their real addresses online!! It's absolutely crazy. When I had it, I put the bare minimum and left it as such. :lol: it's even working the benefits of mobile networks because the demand for mobile internet is rising just so people can go on Facebook 24/7. It's quite sickening really..

Absolutely. Its bonkers the amount of info people put on there. Its also almost a certainty that any employer looks at Facebook to see all about the person who's applying for a job. Countless people have been sacked because of what they have said, and there have been assaults, bullying etc....

Absolutely. Its bonkers the amount of info people put on there. Its also almost a certainty that any employer looks at Facebook to see all about the person who's applying for a job. Countless people have been sacked because of what they have said, and there have been assaults, bullying etc....

That last point is interesting because I've seen countless numbers of teenage girls posting up photos that you'd find on explicit websites (if you catch my drift). They thrive of the number of "likes" they receive, it's a paedophile's dream (disgusting.). There are even 'groups' dedicated to such people that run a "hottest girl" competition, encouraging girls to post these pictures on those groups, and they do it, without a care in the world at who's viewing them.

...thats fair enough, but other people would be shocked that all their personal details are being collated by third parties

That last point is interesting because I've seen countless numbers of teenage girls posting up photos that you'd find on explicit websites (if you catch my drift). They thrive of the number of "likes" they receive, it's a paedophile's dream (disgusting.). There are even 'groups' dedicated to such people that run a "hottest girl" competition, encouraging girls to post these pictures on those groups, and they do it, without a care in the world at who's viewing them.

Yes, -These are real threats, considering that 40% of peoples profiles are fake according to 2008 study. This seems true when some people have 500-1000 friends :smiliecap1: Police recently reported that the number of crimes it has responded to in the last year involving Facebook climbed 346 percent. Last month iDefence, discovered someone had details 1.5 million accounts--and was selling them for between $25 and $45 each, these were gathered from most likely Farmville -apparently every time you log on to that you authorize an application to be downloaded to your profile that gives information to third parties about you, that you have never agreed to.

Kids are going to get a shock when they apply for those all important jobs to pay off the 30k uni debt :fainthv9: