Facebook & Twitter

In all seriousness, though, I absolutely agree about some of your points, guys. Some people are completely oblivious to the bounds of online safety. Thankfully Facebook has settings that make your profile moreorless invisible to people who don't have you added as a friend. What I find pretty weird is people who add you because you have 20 or so mutual friends. Maybe so, but if I wanted to talk to you, I'd do it in real life, not add your on Facebook, say 'Thanks for the add' and then never speak again. What's even weirder is when you get Iqbal from Bangladesh trying to add you. Sorry, Iqbal, but that isn't going to happen.

People need to know the boundaries of what is and isn't safe to disclose on the internet. Personally I have no issue putting my mobile phone number on my Facebook, because 98% of the people I have added as friends on there have it anyway. In terms of addresses, it says what county I live in, so I don't think people will be hunting me down anytime soon. That being said, everything you put online is monitored and recorded by the government anyway. They just want data for their security systems. Which is why, according to Facebook, I'm married, Moroccan, live in Tehran and have eight children.

Which is why, according to Facebook, I'm married, Moroccan, live in Tehran and have eight children.

:lol: brilliant

There's also a new feature that allows you to "download information" in account settings which is very worrying. It enables the account user to download all photo's and video's uploaded including wallposts. Just imagine if someone managed to hack your account, they'd be able to download this information, all your photos included..

I'm addicted to it, as most ppl on here can probably account for. Love winding opposition fans up by ribbing their teams and ranting like fuck (even last night), gotta watch my language at times tho. Oh and dropping hints about certain young girls at my work who are fucking the manager for preferential treatment. I enjoy facebook, only ever go on it on my phone tho, just update my status on the go so it doesn't exactly interfere with my social life as i'm at work or on the bus anyway lol.

I'm addicted to it, as most ppl on here can probably account for. Love winding opposition fans up by ribbing their teams and ranting like fuck (even last night), gotta watch my language at times tho. Oh and dropping hints about certain young girls at my work who are fucking the manager for preferential treatment. I enjoy facebook, only ever go on it on my phone tho, just update my status on the go so it doesn't exactly interfere with my social life as i'm at work or on the bus anyway lol.

angry.gif

• 2 weeks later...

No, I'm not addicted to Facebook, I actually only just deactivated my account yesterday, as I came to the conclusion that it's useless, to me at least...

I don't need it, simple as. Most people I've seen in Facebook are proud and happy because they've had about 100 likes for their new Profile picture or their status and stuff like that, insane. Some feel like VIP's as well, as they have 3000ish friends, sick.

Messenger till i die!

I'm always on it on my phone at work, very rarely on my PC with it lol. Even when someone launched milk at me from a Travelodge window i had to write something lol (TL is above where i work, i work in goods-in outside :P)

Facebook isn't like meeting new people really unless i'm doing something wrong, it's just chatting to people you know. I'm not gonna randomly add some fit girl i don't know because i'm desperate lol. Facebook is purely social and (nearly) everyone who's my friend on it, i kind of know from school, to work, to TC, to Family.

It's hardly an online dating site.

Edited by OllieCFC