test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Aesthetic Relic

Facebook & Twitter

Started by Aesthetic Relic,

341 posts in this topic

Facebook is a massive distraction for people. It's another masterminded distraction to stop people asking the real questions in life. It allows governments to apply their draconian policies in peace, because people would rather check their latest "pokes" rather than pick up a newspaper.

/rant

More than that, If anyone thinks Facebook is some sort of benign social service, then just check out the Brave New World philosophy of Silicon Valley hedge fund billionaire, Peter Thiel, its first investor and one of its only five board members. Facebook is a device for opening up new markets for American brands and products and was developed , as was Google with cooperation from the CIA.

Facebooks submission to IAO (Information Office) had the stated mission to gather as much information as possible about everyone, in a centralised location, for easy perusal by the United States government. The fact that 99% of facebook content is mundane drivel doesnt detract from its intended purpose....:)

More than that, If anyone thinks Facebook is some sort of benign social service, then just check out the Brave New World philosophy of Silicon Valley hedge fund billionaire, Peter Thiel, its first investor and one of its only five board members. Facebook is a device for opening up new markets for American brands and products and was developed , as was Google with cooperation from the CIA.

It disgusts me how easily people are willing to put out their personal details on facebook thinking "just because I have my own login and password my details are safe". I've seen people put their real mobile numbers and their real addresses online!! It's absolutely crazy. When I had it, I put the bare minimum and left it as such. :lol: it's even working the benefits of mobile networks because the demand for mobile internet is rising just so people can go on Facebook 24/7. It's quite sickening really..

And LDN, I do read the newspaper LOL

Haha sorry, I should've said "the majority of people"

Certainly I've got friends who handle both, but from what I see from most Facebook "addicts" that's the norm.

It disgusts me how easily people are willing to put out their personal details on facebook thinking "just because I have my own login and password my details are safe". I've seen people put their real mobile numbers and their real addresses online!! It's absolutely crazy. When I had it, I put the bare minimum and left it as such. :lol: it's even working the benefits of mobile networks because the demand for mobile internet is rising just so people can go on Facebook 24/7. It's quite sickening really..

Absolutely. Its bonkers the amount of info people put on there. Its also almost a certainty that any employer looks at Facebook to see all about the person who's applying for a job. Countless people have been sacked because of what they have said, and there have been assaults, bullying etc....

Absolutely. Its bonkers the amount of info people put on there. Its also almost a certainty that any employer looks at Facebook to see all about the person who's applying for a job. Countless people have been sacked because of what they have said, and there have been assaults, bullying etc....

That last point is interesting because I've seen countless numbers of teenage girls posting up photos that you'd find on explicit websites (if you catch my drift). They thrive of the number of "likes" they receive, it's a paedophile's dream (disgusting.). There are even 'groups' dedicated to such people that run a "hottest girl" competition, encouraging girls to post these pictures on those groups, and they do it, without a care in the world at who's viewing them.

The new generation of kids (10-12 year olds) are gonna have to grow up fast & smart, posting such pics are going to come back to haunt you later in life.

Depends though, i don't even use my real surname on facebook.

LOL seriously? Since I am neither hiding from the US government or a known terrorist, I don't really mind being part of the CIA databases.

In fact, it's quite cool.

James-Bond-007-Photograph-C12149916.jpeg

:Goober:

...thats fair enough, but other people would be shocked that all their personal details are being collated by third parties

That last point is interesting because I've seen countless numbers of teenage girls posting up photos that you'd find on explicit websites (if you catch my drift). They thrive of the number of "likes" they receive, it's a paedophile's dream (disgusting.). There are even 'groups' dedicated to such people that run a "hottest girl" competition, encouraging girls to post these pictures on those groups, and they do it, without a care in the world at who's viewing them.

Yes, -These are real threats, considering that 40% of peoples profiles are fake according to 2008 study. This seems true when some people have 500-1000 friends :smiliecap1: Police recently reported that the number of crimes it has responded to in the last year involving Facebook climbed 346 percent. Last month iDefence, discovered someone had details 1.5 million accounts--and was selling them for between $25 and $45 each, these were gathered from most likely Farmville -apparently every time you log on to that you authorize an application to be downloaded to your profile that gives information to third parties about you, that you have never agreed to.

Kids are going to get a shock when they apply for those all important jobs to pay off the 30k uni debt :fainthv9:

Last month iDefence, discovered someone had details 1.5 million accounts--and was selling them for between $25 and $45 each

Yeah, heard about that. It really is a paedophile paradise..

I log in and stay logged but barely check anything on it.I would easily let it go since its just a web community.

In all seriousness, though, I absolutely agree about some of your points, guys. Some people are completely oblivious to the bounds of online safety. Thankfully Facebook has settings that make your profile moreorless invisible to people who don't have you added as a friend. What I find pretty weird is people who add you because you have 20 or so mutual friends. Maybe so, but if I wanted to talk to you, I'd do it in real life, not add your on Facebook, say 'Thanks for the add' and then never speak again. What's even weirder is when you get Iqbal from Bangladesh trying to add you. Sorry, Iqbal, but that isn't going to happen.

People need to know the boundaries of what is and isn't safe to disclose on the internet. Personally I have no issue putting my mobile phone number on my Facebook, because 98% of the people I have added as friends on there have it anyway. In terms of addresses, it says what county I live in, so I don't think people will be hunting me down anytime soon. That being said, everything you put online is monitored and recorded by the government anyway. They just want data for their security systems. Which is why, according to Facebook, I'm married, Moroccan, live in Tehran and have eight children.

Which is why, according to Facebook, I'm married, Moroccan, live in Tehran and have eight children.

:lol: brilliant

There's also a new feature that allows you to "download information" in account settings which is very worrying. It enables the account user to download all photo's and video's uploaded including wallposts. Just imagine if someone managed to hack your account, they'd be able to download this information, all your photos included..

How much time per week would you say you spend on facebook ?

none..........id much, much rather go out and meet real people........never understand why so many people are addicted to social networking sites..........

359ld8z.jpg

lol

I'm addicted to it, as most ppl on here can probably account for. Love winding opposition fans up by ribbing their teams and ranting like fuck (even last night), gotta watch my language at times tho. Oh and dropping hints about certain young girls at my work who are fucking the manager for preferential treatment. I enjoy facebook, only ever go on it on my phone tho, just update my status on the go so it doesn't exactly interfere with my social life as i'm at work or on the bus anyway lol.