Amauri

the wes

Chelsea are said to be interested in further improving their forward line, with the arrival of Nicolas Anelka by no means the end of their transfer window exploits.

Now, Palermo star Amauri could be their next target, with the Correire dello Sport claiming that the Blues have made an initial bid of £15m (20 million euros) for the Brazilian.

However, such a move is unlikely to come to fruition just yet. The player's agent has declared that a number of clubs are watching his client, but with a view to a summer move instead of a winter one.

That's been confirmed by the Sicilian club's sporting director, who has said that Amauri is going nowhere until June.

Furthermore, outspoken Palermo president Mauricio 'Zampa' Zamparini is holding out for at least 25 million euros (£18.6m), with Juventus said to be tentatively willing to meet that valuation.

Chelsea expect to make some big money from Didier Drogba's sale, which they believe should be enough to sign two top players if not one. Even otherwise, when they want someone, Chelsea have shown that money has never stopped them.

Goal.com

Edited by Elliott

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

right now im not sure if he is needed, i think we will be right until the summer then maybe if drogba leaves we can start hunting for another stirker but only then should we start looking...

Chelsea Bid For Amauri Rejected It seems as if Chelsea have failed to land Palermo striker Amauri after a £15m bid was rejected by the Rosanero according to Corriere Dello Sport.

Late last night it was suggested that Chelsea were to table a bid for Palermo star Amauri (see original report here.) Now, according to the Correire dello Sport, they have done so, only to have their approach turned down by the Sicilian club.

It seems as if Palermo president Maurizio Zamparini will not let the player go for less than £18m (€24.2m). Thus, Chelsea's bid of £15m (€20m) has been turned down.

According to TGCOM, the London club, confident of success, had sent officials to Milan to meet the player's representatives on Tuesday in order to strike a deal, only to be told that their transfer bid wouldn't be accepted.

Chelsea are thought to be seeking a long-term replacement for Didier Drogba, who is reportedly unhappy at the club.

The Brazilian has also been linked with big money moves to Spanish giants Real Madrid and Barcelona, as well as Juventus and Liverpool.

Amauri has been at Palermo since 2006 after signing from Chievo Verona. The 27-year-old has impressed so far this season, and is the Rosanero’s top scorer with 8 goals in Serie A this term.

Meanwhile, it seems as if the striker will also take on Italian citizenship and this will make him eligible for selecetion in Roberto Donadoni’s Azzurri squad when they travel to Austria and Switzerland for Euro 2008 in June.

In the past the player has stated that he likes the idea of playing for Juventus, but with just over 24 hours remaining in the transfer window, the Bianconeri will have to move fast if they are to land the player.

Source: Goal

yes i can see sahar going out on loan but im not to sure about pizarro i think he would rther leave for good

Yep true he is good as a sub at best but I really can't see how we can accomodate him when Drogba, Shevchenko, Anelka, Kalou and Di Santo are all fit. He won't even get near the bench :(

Pizarro is a good player and I like him, although we could get £5 million for him if we sold him, which is a profit.

pizarro is a good player and i also dont mind him but i just cant seem him fitting in with us if we where to sign another striker and yes good point we can make profit on him so id say, if we do sign another striker let him go

Palermo striker Amauri will decide on his future at the end of the season

spacer.gif

Barcelona, Inter, Juventus and Chelsea are all keen on the Brazilian who said: "At the moment I am just thinking about having a good second half of the season with Palermo and then the rest can be decided later.

"I have been saying for a long time that I wouldn't leave in January and that we will see what happens in June."

Edited by the wes

Amauri will leave Palermo in the summer, according to the player's agent.

Real Madrid, Milan, Chelsea and Juventus are all reportedly tracking the highly-rated Brazilian - who has hit eight Serie A goals so far this term.

And Amauri's agent Mauro Grimaldi has claimed that 27-year-old is set to leave Stadio Renzo Barbera at the end of the season.

"I can confirm Amauri will leave Palermo at the end of the season," Grimaldi said.

"There will be big competition to sign him. Chelsea could ask for him, and I can confirm that Juve are following him."

Meanwhile, reports suggest that Amauri is set to apply for Italian citizenship after constantly being overlooked by his native Brazil.

Chelsea lead the chasing pack for Palermo striker Amauri.

Blues boss Avram Grant failed with a £15million bid for the Palermo top scorer last month. But he is set to beat Juventus to the 27-year-old, who will soon qualify for a European Union passport.

Amauri has eight Serie A goals this season, and six years' top-flight experience in Italy with Napoli, Chievo and Palermo.

"I can confirm that Amauri will leave Palermo this summer," said his agent Mariano Grimaldi. "He is due to become an EU citizen shortly, and that could open up the English stage to him.

"He will be playing Champions League football next season - that is for certain."

Daily Mirror

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You