Shaun Wright-Phillips

the wes

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i dont think he has gone lol. Scolari likes him i think, well he said he has plans for him and he looked pretty good in pre season. I aint heard anything about this yet. They have just signed Lars Christian Jacobsen but not Shaun Wright Phillips. Maybe it will be revealed tomorrow if its true.

Edited by OllieCFC

SWP rules out City return

Shaun Wright-Phillips' agent claims his client has no desire to join Everton or Manchester City.

Both clubs have been strongly linked with the Chelsea winger of late, with speculation mounting that the England international could be on his way out of Stamford Bridge before the closure of the transfer window.Having previously enjoyed a successful six-year spell at City, Mark Hughes' men were believed to be favourites to land the talented playmaker.

However, it appears that the 24-year-old is reluctant to rejoin a club currently embroiled in off-field turmoil, while he has also grown accustomed to life in London .

"He doesn't want to join either of them and we are now discussing the next move to see what we do," said his agent Wayne Lindsay.

"Because of all the problems there [City] and the uncertainty surrounding the place he is unsure.

"He is speaking with the manager [Luiz Felipe Scolari] at the moment but he is settled in London.

"He would like to stay and that's the bottom line but it is up to the manager.

"We are looking at all the options really at this moment in time so I can't really say much more."

skysports

And another story..

SWP set for City medical

Shaun Wright-Phillips is set for a medical at on Thursday, skysports.com understands.

The England international knows he is on the fringes of the first-team at Stamford Bridge and coach Luiz Felipe Scolari has hinted he would be willing to let him leave.Aston Villa, Newcastle and Portsmouth all made enquiries this summer - but it is Everton and his former club City who have emerged as front-runners.

Now City are believed to have agreed terms on a deal worth close to £9million.

Wright-Phillips is due for a medical at City's Carrington training complex ahead of a possible move - although he will not be able to meet boss Mark Hughes, as he and his squad are in Denmark ahead of their Uefa Cup clash with FC Midtjylland on Thursday.

26-year-old Wright-Phillips played over 150 games for City before leaving the club in 2005 when Chelsea paid £21million for his signature.

skysports

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You