Ballack Hopes To Return Next Month

Ballack hopes to return next month

Michael Ballack hopes to be playing for Chelsea before the end of the year.

The Germany captain has not played since April after undergoing two operations on his left ankle.

"I am making great progress. I started training last week and December looks good," Ballack said Monday. "But I am not setting a specific goal or date when I'd like to play again. I am taking it week by week."

The midfielder said he hoped to play for Germany when it plays Austria in Vienna on Feb. 6.

He was in Frankfurt to see Dr. Hans-Wilhelm Mueller-Wohlfahrt, who works for the national team and also for Bayern Munich, Ballack's former club.

Ballack also took part in the first round of negotiations with the German soccer federation over bonus payments to players during next year's European Championship in Austria and Switzerland.

Germany, which has already qualified for the tournament, plays Wales in its final game Wednesday in Frankfurt. Ballack is not expected to attend the game.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be good to have him back. After being out for such a long time it is going to take a very long while for him to get a fitness level anywhere near match fitness. I think December is realistic and the sooner we can get our players back the better.

He wasn't exactly bad last year. His quality will a real help to us, especially during the ACN.....

I still think he's a class act. He doesnt bomb up and down the pitch and can read the game better than any other player I have seen. If his brain is still working he can still do a job, his reading of the game still gives him an edge over many players, doesnt matter how quick they are.

Just realised, I thought this was the Makalele thread :ph34r:

Edited by Tri-Blue

I still think he's a class act. He doesnt bomb up and down the pitch and can read the game better than any other player I have seen. If his brain is still working he can still do a job, his reading of the game still gives him an edge over many players, doesnt matter how quick they are.

I agree most things with you but still i think Maka is the best player to read a game

Just realised, I thought this was the Makalele thread :whistling:

I was just about to call you all the two-faced gits under the sun after everything you said last season. <_<

Personally, he pissed me right off last season. Apart from the odd game, his heart just didnt look in it to me and that was reflected in his football. I think he got away with it because all the attention was focused on Sheva not performing. I'd like to think he can still do a good job for us though if he's motivated by more than money.