Wayne Rooney

J.F.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would take Rooney in a heart beat especially at £25 million. Great price. I think he is a very good player and a great one on his day.

So versatile as well. Stick him on the wing, just behind the striker, even in midfield. He'd be really good in the style we play, would excel under Mourinho and can still lead the line as he has a Striker's instinct.

Would take him over Lewandowski to be honest...Well probably.

I would take Rooney in a heart beat especially at £25 million. Great price. I think he is a very good player and a great one on his day.

So versatile as well. Stick him on the wing, just behind the striker, even in midfield. He'd be really good in the style we play, would excel under Mourinho and can still lead the line as he has a Striker's instinct.

Would take him over Lewandowski to be honest...Well probably.

Rooney offers the possibility of blooding Lukaku into the team next season. I think signing Falcao or Cavani means Lukaku will go out on loan for another year

Rooney offers the possibility of blooding Lukaku into the team next season. I think signing Falcao or Cavani means Lukaku will go out on loan for another year

I don't see the difference between signing Rooney or Falcao or Cavani (apart from their finishing). All of them will IMPACT Lukaku's first team chances next season.

Furthermore, I highly doubt that United would be stupid enough to sell Rooney to an EPL rival for 25 million.

Afterall, United aren't like Arsenal, they don't sell their star striker to a rival.

I don't see the difference between signing Rooney or Falcao or Cavani (apart from their finishing). All of them will IMPACT Lukaku's first team chances next season.

Furthermore, I highly doubt that United would be stupid enough to sell Rooney to an EPL rival for 25 million.

Afterall, United aren't like Arsenal, they don't sell their star striker to a rival.

It is absurd and unrealistic but forget about that for a moment. Falcao and Cavani are more of the poacher/advanced forward variety who cannot be shifted to the wing or midfield whereas Rooney is versatile enough to do a proper job in a deeper role, especially considering his experience this season. I see him a bit like Eidur Gudjohnsen in 2004. Went deeper at the end of his career to accommodate Drogba upfront but still got a good number of goals/assists.

Lukaku will easily get more mins with Rooney than with Falcao or Cavani. He maybe used as the impact sub to add a striker up-front or Rooney could play deeper if needed. Such scenarios will pop up more with Rooney given his versatility

Like many have said here, I would take him in a heartbeat for £25m. He is probably the only United player I would love to have for our team (Carrick as well maybe). If you talk about pure talent of the last decade of UK's football, he comes first.

Would take in Rooney any day even though he is a c***, but easily among the best players in England, versatile, can shoulder responsibility (After Fergie if there was anyone who has taken United forward it is this man) and a massive player.

But if Rooney would be going then it wouldnt be to any Premier league, thats for sure else he would get murdered by United fans...

Wonder what reception he gets in the next game. Last time he handed in the transfer request, there were some boos. And he did it for the second time now.

We don't need to buy another 27 year old striker who is physically on the decline and brings a lot of baggage to the club. We have Ba and Lukaku - let's focus on other areas on the pitch and maybe supplementing those two guys with a third option.

Changing my mind slightly. He's the same age as Falcao, but the price is roughly half. He's proven in the Premier League and I think he really needs a change of environment to try and regain that enthusiasm that he once had.

An invigorated Rooney under Mourinho could be a different beast from the one of the last few seasons (where he still managed to score 100 goals in 4 years). Plus he's more versatile than any other option in that he can drop back into the number 10 spot and maybe take some of the pressure off of Mata, which also allows us to play with either Lukaku or Ba up-front.

But there's a lot of ifs and buts involved. I still think he needs to work on his fitness (a summer under Rui Faria might do him the world of good) but it's easy to forget that he's still one of the best players around on his day and if we can offload Torres then £25 million is a decent price considering Van Persie went for roughly the same price last year.

What seperates Rooney from the Lewandowski, Cavani, Falcao likes is the simple fact that he's the ultimate allround player. He's probably the best striker at creating chances which Mata and Hazard and hence Chelsea would really benefit from. If he's available for 25m I'd definitely go for him.

I don't see him moving to us, though.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You