Wayne Rooney

J.F.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For some reason I still feel like this deal will happen just like I did when we first made the bid official. In any case I guess we'll know by September 3rd. (unless it's like the Meireles sale and we only announce it days after the window has closed! Still can't understand how we did that..)

Moyes is in over his head ,,, if he is still there in 2 years I will be amazed

He'll be able to survive using Fergie's team for his first couple of seasons. If he has some success this year or next with these same exact players we'll hear the media fawning as if he had anything to do with it. If they were to win the title for the next couple of years I still wouldn't give Moyes much credit.

? what should mous words change? he knew about the fact that we want him even a few weeks ago.

You are basically saying "what's the point of trying to convince someone to do something? Asking/proposing should be enough."

Well... the point is if you need that person to do that "something" you end up having to try and convince him(/her if you know what I'm saying :ph34r: ).

Then again it's the same as asking "why do politicians make campaigns? Aren't elections enough? " and many other questions i could list here but i'm sure you get my point.

Bottom line is a choice isn't always easy and the way this choice is presented is pretty much one of the determining factors in the choice itself.

Edit : reading my post I'm realizing it's not entirely clear. I mean that reflecting on players who changed clubs in the same league and still managed to do good (the quotes from Mou in the article) could give rooney an extra push. Maybe not a deciding one but still, at this point I'm pretty sure Mou would take anything.

For some reason I still feel like this deal will happen just like I did when we first made the bid official. In any case I guess we'll know by September 3rd. (unless it's like the Meireles sale and we only announce it days after the window has closed! Still can't understand how we did that..)

Because not all windows close at the same day, there are windows that dont even close at all...

On Rooney, I very much doubt Manure will sell hin to us simply due to a higher bid. It will either be because they were able to buy replacements (Ozil and Eto'o being mentioned) or because we threw Mata in the mix.

Thinking without any feelings, trading Mata for Rooney is not that bad of a deal. Rooney is the striker we are missing and he fits Mourinho's style way more than Juan, which allows us to maintain the width and balance on the attacking trio while adding a beloved English player. However, I will not be able to watch Mata playing or United without going crazy, especially if it was due to Willian/Rooney...

Because not all windows close at the same day, there are windows that dont even close at all...

On Rooney, I very much doubt Manure will sell hin to us simply due to a higher bid. It will either be because they were able to buy replacements (Ozil and Eto'o being mentioned) or because we threw Mata in the mix.

Thinking without any feelings, trading Mata for Rooney is not that bad of a deal. Rooney is the striker we are missing and he fits Mourinho's style way more than Juan, which allows us to maintain the width and balance on the attacking trio while adding a beloved English player. However, I will not be able to watch Mata playing or United without going crazy, especially if it was due to Willian/Rooney...

Agree, the only way we can get rooney is if we offer mata.

N like you said Oscar is the perfect no 10 for Mourinho but mata will make United even better. He will add creativity and RvP will score even more playing in front of Mata. And it is just crazy that United will have the best striker and the best advanced playmaker in epl

Agree, the only way we can get rooney is if we offer mata.

N like you said Oscar is the perfect no 10 for Mourinho but mata will make United even better. He will add creativity and RvP will score even more playing in front of Mata. And it is just crazy that United will have the best striker and the best advanced playmaker in epl

Sometime it doesn't work like that. With that logic any half decent striker in our team would be scoring at least 20 goals because of Oscar, Mata, Hazard and we know that is not the case. Just like Barcelona having best players in the world in all the line yet doesn't win every single match. Mata might even struggle in their system and not flourish like our because our team is built to accmommodate him. Look at David Silva, much better player than Mata technically but fails to shine last season because City team wasn't built to accommodate him.

Therefore even if Mata join MU, RVP will not score 20 goals extra or doesn't mean Mata will get 30-40 assists just because they have a world class striker in RVP.

I will cry if I ever see Mata in a United shirt. Mata was one of the best (if not the best) number 10 last season, why not just play him there Jose? He is better than Oscar in that position.

He has already showed he has no footballing genius and makes poor player decisions.

(My opinion please no one start a fight)

To do what he did at Everton requires a tiny bit of competent footballing knowledge.. just maybe...but I dunno, that's just my opinion. Could of been complete luck.

Sometime it doesn't work like that. With that logic any half decent striker in our team would be scoring at least 20 goals because of Oscar, Mata, Hazard and we know that is not the case. Just like Barcelona having best players in the world in all the line yet doesn't win every single match. Mata might even struggle in their system and not flourish like our because our team is built to accmommodate him. Look at David Silva, much better player than Mata technically but fails to shine last season because City team wasn't built to accommodate him.

Therefore even if Mata join MU, RVP will not score 20 goals extra or doesn't mean Mata will get 30-40 assists just because they have a world class striker in RVP.

If Mata joins United, not sure how much goals/assists would be get or even RVP for that matter ... but i know one thing is that he would become the missing link that United so desperately are looking for. United will leap up by a couple of levels with Mata joining them exactly like they did when RVP joined .... I dont agree with Jose that u can sell a player to your rivals ...

If Mata is sold, Jose might as well pack his bags & hit the road. No Chelsea fan will ever forgive him for it.

Nothing to worry about Mata. Players like him are not sold.

There is nothing to forgive about because he hasn't done something wrong at all. Maybe Rooney will bang in 30 goals if he comes and everyone will forgot about Mata.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You