Wayne Rooney

J.F.

"I definitely do but I also know that if I'd been Everton manager and Sir Alex had come asking for Leighton Baines and Marouane Fellaini, I'd have found it very difficult to keep them because I always felt the right thing to do was what was right for the players," Moyes.

Well, mister Moyes, in that sentence you say everything that needs to be said. If it was Ferguson ; one of a best managers in Football History — You're just a nobody.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I definitely do but I also know that if I'd been Everton manager and Sir Alex had come asking for Leighton Baines and Marouane Fellaini, I'd have found it very difficult to keep them because I always felt the right thing to do was what was right for the players," Moyes.

Well, mister Moyes, in that sentence you say everything that needs to be said. If it was Ferguson ; one of a best managers in Football History — You're just a nobody.

Contradictory though! If its good for them, why isn't it good for Wayne wanting to leave and make a fresh start down south @ Chelsea...

Moyes is a hypocrite - in fact all managers are - we just have to accept that I guess :)

Mata won't be sold - but one of Oscar, KdB or Moses could be loaned - maybe even Schurrie? I don't mind loaning players out

Contradictory though! If its good for them, why isn't it good for Wayne wanting to leave and make a fresh start down south @ Chelsea...

Moyes is a hypocrite - in fact all managers are - we just have to accept that I guess :)

Mata won't be sold - but one of Oscar, KdB or Moses could be loaned - maybe even Schurrie? I don't mind loaning players out

Mata has a much better chance of being involved in a deal with Rooney than us loaning Oscar or KDB.

People are just blinding themselves for the risk of losing Mata so they can justify us hijacking Willian.

Jose Mourinho: "I don't understand why United want to hang on to an unhappy player rather than sell him to a rival."

"Let's say we make the bid, and they say no again, what do we lose? One e-mail. Why keep an unhappy player"

Mourinho has pleaded with Man United boss David Moyes to sell unsettled striker Wayne Rooney to him. Mourinho started his pursuit of Rooney in April when still manager of Real Madrid. Mourinho had then already decided to build his new Chelsea team around Rooney. [Express]

Well, mister Moyes, in that sentence you say everything that needs to be said. If it was Ferguson ; one of a best managers in Football History You're just a nobody.

Didn't someone already call him hypocrite of the month

Mourinho: "We are going to get a maximum of 2 players in this window, so if we get the second piece it will be the final piece"

Mourinho on #MUFC interest in Juan Mata: "It’s hypothetical because they haven’t asked." #CFC (Mail)

Full article, intresting stuff:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2401472/Jose-Mourinho-make-final-35m-bid-Manchester-United-striker-Wayne-Rooney.html

One last bid Monday, £40m, if rejected we get someone else in. If Utd do ask for Mata, we just say no, he is our best player. Fair swap would be RVP and Mata, their best for our best

Mourinho on whether he'd sell one of his best players to a rival—"Yes. You see it happen in Italy every season without a problem."

Sentence worth remembering for rest of this window

ChelsTransferGossip @ChelsTransfer 38m

Chelsea will make their final bid of £35m for Manchester United’s @WayneRooney after the showdown match. #CFC #MUFC (Mail)

ChelsTransferGossip @ChelsTransfer 39m

Mourinho: "We are going to get a maximum of 2 players in this window, so if we get the second piece it will be the final piece" #CFC

so its willian + a striker. no DM then..

One last bid Monday, £40m, if rejected we get someone else in. If Utd do ask for Mata, we just say no, he is our best player. Fair swap would be RVP and Mata, their best for our best

Mourinho on whether he'd sell one of his best players to a rival—"Yes. You see it happen in Italy every season without a problem."

If he answered differently to the question, he would have sounded hypocritical because himself is trying to recruit one of the rival's bests but you never know until the end of the transfer window. I understand that the only way to reach Rooney and convince him is to claim he's the only one we're looking for right now but we are also wasting time and it's not like the other good strikers available are easier to sign. Mourinho really must like him.

I'd prefer Rooney over Willian/Eto'o.

1. Rooney is better than Eto'o, position and quality-wise, and has few more years in his tank than Eto'o

2. and Willian is not a priority signing. Unnecessary to fork out 30mil for him

Hazard is our best player, not Mata.

And Mata isn't in RVP's class.

Without a problem? This is where Mou is very wrong, in my opinion. What about the fans? How can they make idols, love the players or even buy shirts with their name on the back, if they are always under the threat of being let down? Italy has a huge problem. Look at Milan, for example. They have lost their identidy in the moment when they lost their legends. What would MIlan have been if there wasn't a Paolo Maldini to stay there for so many years? Juve and Inter are lucky to still have Buffon and Zanetti.

I am against players going to the rivals, coming back and so on.

Of course, there might be exceptional cases like Rooney's. He doesn't want to stay there anymore, he tried to leave before, he already has dissapointed the fans, so I don't think they consider him an idol anymore. Mata, on the other hand, is basically loved by every CFC fan.

I'd prefer Rooney over Willian/Eto'o.

1. Rooney is better than Eto'o, position and quality-wise, and has few more years in his tank than Eto'o

2. and Willian is not a priority signing. Unnecessary to fork out 30mil for him

I'd prefer Rooney as well...but United don't want to sell because they've failed to sign any top class players.

I like the Eto'o deal because it's a one year contract. If it doesn't work out, he can leave on a free and we won't be left with a past-it striker (e.g. Torres) for next season onwards..

Without a problem? This is where Mou is very wrong, in my opinion. What about the fans? How can they make idols, love the players or even buy shirts with their name on the back, if they are always under the threat of being let down? Italy has a huge problem. Look at Milan, for example. They have lost their identidy in the moment when they lost their legends. What would MIlan have been if there wasn't a Paolo Maldini to stay there for so many years? Juve and Inter are to still have Buffon and Zanetti.

I am against players going to the rivals, coming back and so on.

Of course, there might be exceptional cases like Rooney's. He doesn't want to stay there anymore, he tried to leave before, he already has dissapointed the fans, so I don't think they consider him an idol anymore. Mata, on the other hand, is basically loved by every CFC fan.

Even though I agree about a team's identity...Football is also a business.

You try to make your team better so that you can be competitive and win titles. Sometimes in the process, you have to make sacrifices in terms of players.

I highly doubt José would let Mata leave...but you just never know.

Even though I agree about a team's identity...Football is also a business.

You try to make your team better so that you can be competitive and win titles. Sometimes in the process, you have to make sacrifices in terms of players.

I highly doubt José would let Mata leave...but you just never know.

Like the great Brian Clough and Peter Taylor said, when they signed a player, they told him on his face that if someone offers more than he is worth, he will be sold. They did this, and went on to win two European Cups with Nottingham, not the same era, but still.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You