Malouda ignoring Torres?

Henri

Makes me think of the rumor that was mentioned a few months ago - there is a problem in the dressing room with the clique of french speaking players.

Although Drogba has upped his work rate, Malouda now looks to be a problem.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's not many games this month so a break will be good.

Does kalou deserve a chance up front alongside Torres. Kalou can definately be more lively than Anelka and Drogs,he's alot younger and obviously quicker.

You never know,he could be the one to gel with torres. With new wingers in the summer and the right coaching to put the ball in the box for the strikers,Torres will come good.

Makes me think of the rumor that was mentioned a few months ago - there is a problem in the dressing room with the clique of french speaking players.

Although Drogba has upped his work rate, Malouda now looks to be a problem.

I remember years ago saying we should never sign French players as they're just trouble.

This was the time of Lebouef saying he didn't want to be the club cretin and wanted his £16k a week wages doubled to £32k a week (alot at the time).

Desailly saying we had no chance of winning the league before the season had even kicked off. Anelka sulking at the arse,and Viera claiming to be exhausted 4 games into the new season,then the likes of Ginola,Deschamps and Petit going on all the time abot the physical demands of the English league.

Then there's Drogba with some of his ' misquotes' down the years.

I remember years ago saying we should never sign French players as they're just trouble.

This was the time of Lebouef saying he didn't want to be the club cretin and wanted his £16k a week wages doubled to £32k a week (alot at the time).

Desailly saying we had no chance of winning the league before the season had even kicked off. Anelka sulking at the arse,and Viera claiming to be exhausted 4 games into the new season,then the likes of Ginola,Deschamps and Petit going on all the time abot the physical demands of the English league.

Then there's Drogba with some of his ' misquotes' down the years.

Just look at what some of them did at the world cup - disgrace. Plus Desailly is now "Mr Ghana" since he retired and snubbed playing for them in his playing days....

Bunch of whiners who expect a hat-trick from Torres every game. Face the reality , no service - no goals. Main thing is that the team wins. Even if Torres scores only 1 gole the whole campaign and we finish in the top 4, I'd be happy, because there is always the next season.

Ah yes, the 'always next season' syndrome. We had a similar thing with sheva.

I was watching ESPN3 while trying to work so I got bits and pieces. I came home and watched the match beginning to end on DVR.

Those who know me know I'm a huge Torres homer so I was ready to burn Malouda's shirt (joking) and run him out of town. I tried to be objective and took my Torres colored glasses off. I missed the first ten minutes on DVR because of ESPN or DISH reception.

21 - Drogba played Torres in, Torres held the ball up waiting for the support, then had a poor cross. Supposedly to Lampard but I didn't see anybody in the tv shot.

22 - Torres a decent shot blocked in the 22nd after making good movement off a Ramires/Bosingwa run/pass

31 - on the break with Torres in acres of space to the right, Drogba passes to Zhirkov instead. Not a bad decision at all.

33 - Bosingwa clears, Torres collects, dribbles, then deflects off defender.

34 (I think) - Torres wins the header, flicks to Drogba's area, Drogba doesn't move, Blackpool get the ball

43 - Essien tries to pass to Torres, pass picked off by Blackpool

46 - Essien to Torres, Torres to Zhirkov, buildup leades to Ramires shot attempt

Second half:

46 - Drogba flick to Torres, Torres passes to Cole

52 - good movement by Torres, he receives the pass (from Ramires I think) but he's off

55 - Terry to Torres, Torres to Ramires

57 - Bosingwa to Torres, header to Kalou. Commentator: haven't engineered a single chance for Torres

58 - Terry passes to Torres, Torres passes to Cole

59 - Lampard shoots and gets a corner kick. Could have possibly laid the ball off to Torres.

61 - Zhirkov to Torres who tried to find Cole, Kalou gets the ball instead, gets the penalty

63 - Break, 2 on 2, Kalou finds Torres on the right, Torres tries to cross back to Kalou, intercepted by Blackpool

65 - Essien to Kalou to Lampard. Goal. If Lampard hadn't got to the ball first, Torres might have been in for a tap in. Can't complain about the play or the goal.

67 - Torres won the ball, pass to Cole, pass to Zhirkov. Corner

70 - Kalou looked to layoff to Torres but Zhirkov stepped up instead and shot blocked

75 - Kalou to Torres, Torres dribbled, shot with the outside of his right foot, no power. Fans singing for him (kudos!).

79 - Chelsea passing the ball around, Kalou to Torres, Torres to Bosingwa

79 - Lampard tries to find Torres on a little flick on the box, keeper easily gets it

82 - Kalou receives the ball from a defensive clearance, Torres makes the run to support and pressures the defender. Nothing comes of it.

83 - Malouda shoots at a difficult angle. Could have tried to pass to either Kalou or Torres who were in the box.

84 - Malouda dribbles, dribbles, loses the ball in the box. A wide open Torres moving and waiting for a layoff.

87 - Torres gets the ball on the touchline from a defensive cleaance, off Torres, out of bounds

91 - Luis to Malouda, Malouda shoots at acute angle. Either Kalou or Torres were open.

92 - Malouda good ball to Kalou, Kalou shoots over, Torres also in good position in the box.

First half neither Torres or Drogba received the ball much. Midfield was very narrow and it wasn't pretty. There didn't seem to be a lot of service to either forward. It was a dull first half except for the Terry header.

Second half, Torres received the ball much more. Was it because Kalou came on and the movement and space between the two was better? Chelsea moved the ball much better as a whole except for 5 or 10 minutes when they took their foot off.

I've seen games where Torres is just standing there looking like a poster boy. Today he had good movement and worked for the team. He didn't hang out waiting for the ball but came back looking and moving, trying to get involved. It wasn't until the 80th minute on that he seemed to be a little frustrated (do I really know though?) but he kept making runs. From my calculation he only had 2 decent chances. IMO you need to have a few more than that. I don't know if it was unwillingness to pass to Torres or inability to move the ball well as a team. The ball went sideways or backward a lot and the passing was slow and lumbering at times. It would have been nice to see Chelsea move the ball quicker and with more attacking intent. Maybe then Torres would have been more involved too. Maybe because Chelsea overlooked Blackpool a little.

:goodpost: VERY interesting reading ,,I could remember all those incidents but seeing them listed together put a better perspective on them

The example of the French World Cup team is why I think players deliberately being asses is not exactly a shocking premise. You have multimillionaires representing their country at the biggest sporting tournament and which only takes place every 4 years--and what do they do but embarrass themselves and country with petulant behavior of the lowest order. Not improbable that it could and does happen on the club level.

And it's not about picking on the francophones. It happens to be that the clique in question here speak French.

Ah yes, the 'always next season' syndrome. We had a similar thing with sheva.

Torres is not Sheva, Sheva was passed it when we bought him. Torres has had no luck so far - if the stunner he scored against Man U had counted he would have been off and running. I am more worried about certain other players, it looks like they are delibaretly not passing to him. He has to keep coming out wide for the ball and put crosses in the box. Last night when we went 3 up will lost our discipline and everyone was trying to score. Torres was in great positions at the end but Malouda refused to pass.

If we keep winning it dont matter who scores aslong as we win and Torres brings benefit to the side. He doesnt hide when the going gets tough like Anelka and all the other french speaking players.

Torres is not Sheva, Sheva was passed it when we bought him.

The only comparison I'm making is that mentality of "always next year" or "don't worry, he will score against [insert team]".

That is all.

I myself have stressed the differences between the two players.

The only comparison I'm making is that mentality of "always next year" or "don't worry, he will score against [insert team]".

That is all.

I myself have stressed the differences between the two players.

Have not read through the whole thread but where do you stand on others ignoring him??

Have not read through the whole thread but where do you stand on others ignoring him??

Torres is too good for our midfield, Although yes Drogba & Malouda are very good friends. It's an explanation I would categorize as a conspiracy theory for now though.

My 16 year old daughter thought they were acting like a bunch of girls. She said "that's how you act when a new player comes in who plays your position or your friends". She thought only girls did that.

Your daughter is a very wise girl! :lol:

Terminator, stop being itchy bitchy whiney sulker and see things positively, Believe me ,will do you good, mate :)

Oh the irony..

On the flip side of that response, maybe you should see the positive side of my comments. This is a discussion forum. Members discuss the club, players etc. You must have mistaken this with the ironic, steal other people's sigs forum. :rolleyes:

Well we have Torres for the next 5 years so at least he has time to score his first goal for us anyway. Our midfield service is shit tho and the lack of a creative midfielder is always gonna make it hard for him.

How many goals has Drogba scored in the league this season? And he's played quite a bit. 9 i think it is in the prem, 3 were in the first match.

Torres is a counter attacking player, Liverpool played their team around him and they gave him exclusive service. We need to sign a clever playmaker with a low center of gravity. The thing that worries me is if we sign a playmaker then it will make it much more difficult for Josh to break through. If we did sign a new playmaker, i would want it to be Sergio Caneles.

Torres is a counter attacking player, Liverpool played their team around him and they gave him exclusive service. We need to sign a clever playmaker with a low center of gravity. The thing that worries me is if we sign a playmaker then it will make it much more difficult for Josh to break through. If we did sign a new playmaker, i would want it to be Sergio Caneles.

Why don't we raid Barcelona's reserve and youth team - I hear they are all as good as Wilshere :rolleyes: