Malouda ignoring Torres?

Henri

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think malouda is ignoring torres for sure after the blackpool game,

he is moaning because his best mate Drogba has been benched! thats all it is do it. He seems like a little kid!

Torres is a counter attacking player, Liverpool played their team around him and they gave him exclusive service. We need to sign a clever playmaker with a low center of gravity. The thing that worries me is if we sign a playmaker then it will make it much more difficult for Josh to break through. If we did sign a new playmaker, i would want it to be Sergio Caneles.

It wouldn't because that is exactly what McEachran needs. McEachran is a possession footballer who uses the ball extremely well, he would combine better with the type of player you're suggesting than a Ramires or Essien ( who are great athletes but not great footballers).

Dare I say it, but Josh when older could fit well into that Barca side. Luiz at the moment would have been a great signing for them, luckily they are not backed by a billionaire otherwise they would be unstoppable.

As for Torres,

In 2008/09 season Drogba got 5 goals in 24 PL games, next season 2009/10 he got 29 goals in 32 PL games.

So don't be surprised to all of a sudden see the goals flood in for El nino.

Please stop the madness. We paid 50 fucking millions for Torres. If you buy a strike for that price, you expect him to score goals. This "he dribled at 75 minutes" was really ridiculous and silly. Goal is what takes for a striker. As long as he dont score as many goals as a 50 million must score, he will be a flop. Period.

Please stop the madness. We paid 50 fucking millions for Torres. If you buy a strike for that price, you expect him to score goals. This "he dribled at 75 minutes" was really ridiculous and silly. Goal is what takes for a striker. As long as he dont score as many goals as a 50 million must score, he will be a flop. Period.

Hmm. I understood the 50 million was an investment for five years, not five games. Silly me.

I noted when he had the ball and what he did with it so I could take off my pro-Torres glasses. I personally believe two shots on goal in a 90 minute match isn't good enough for any forward, Torres, Drogba, Villa, Tevez, etc. I also don't believe he received the ball in spaces where a goal was even a possibility except for those two chances.

How many goals must a 50 million score? What would make him a non-flop?

In 2008/09 season Drogba got 5 goals in 24 PL games,

Wow, I know Drogba likes to alternate his good and bad years but didn't realize statistically it was that bad. And people slate Torres for having a "diabolical" season currently.

Torres simply needs the ball in better and more scoring positions right now. He's responsible for that and so are his teammates. It's a team sport. If and when that happens consistently and he's still not scoring, then it's his fault. Have we reached the latter situation yet?

in these five games he was a flop, i dont know whats going to happen in next fiver years,

No offense but that's really narrow thinking. People are obsessing about the amount of money paid for him but c'mon, this is Torres; he's already paying that money back even without scoring goals. I pretty sure I read somewhere recently that the club has made approximately 12million pounds on his shirts in the month since he's joined.. Even if that's not entirely accurate, I'm not worried at all about his price tag because we'll get that money back, at the very least, from sales of merchandise with his name on it.

So taking away the weight of the money, have his performances over the past five games been so awful? He had a terrible game against Liverpool, understandably in my book, and didn't have a great game against Blackpool. The other three matches, he's looked sharper and fitter and more spirited than he's looked for that other club he'd been playing for this year. Especially the Man U and Copenhagen matches. He's such a different type of player from how the team usually plays ( i really like Pat Nevin's battering ram analogy), it was always going to take time for him to adjust and adapt and for the team to do the same. If there's a criticism, I would suggest that the big mistake was in the timing of his transfer, when the team is struggling to maintain top 4 and there's no real time for experimentation and adjustment.

So I'm always taken aback when people rush to say five games in, he's a flop. It's a very linear, narrow way of looking at things; not seeing the big picture at all. A year from now, if he's still in the same form, I would totally understand such thinking. Five games in, I really can't. But that's just me.

No offense but that's really narrow thinking. People are obsessing about the amount of money paid for him but c'mon, this is Torres; he's already paying that money back even without scoring goals. I pretty sure I read somewhere recently that the club has made approximately 12million pounds on his shirts in the month since he's joined.. Even if that's not entirely accurate, I'm not worried at all about his price tag because we'll get that money back, at the very least, from sales of merchandise with his name on it.

So taking away the weight of the money, have his performances over the past five games been so awful? He had a terrible game against Liverpool, understandably in my book, and didn't have a great game against Blackpool. The other three matches, he's looked sharper and fitter and more spirited than he's looked for that other club he'd been playing for this year. Especially the Man U and Copenhagen matches. He's such a different type of player from how the team usually plays ( i really like Pat Nevin's battering ram analogy), it was always going to take time for him to adjust and adapt and for the team to do the same. If there's a criticism, I would suggest that the big mistake was in the timing of his transfer, when the team is struggling to maintain top 4 and there's no real time for experimentation and adjustment.

So I'm always taken aback when people rush to say five games in, he's a flop. It's a very linear, narrow way of looking at things; not seeing the big picture at all. A year from now, if he's still in the same form, I would totally understand such thinking. Five games in, I really can't. But that's just me.

emo3.gif

Well it's not just you ;) Agree with everything up there

Good post. :chai:

Bravo El Nino. I think at this point because of the absolute need to qualify for the CL, Ancelotti isn't going to change the game plan to best accommodate Torres. He will continue to play him and hope his movement/rep will keep the opposition honest and open up space for the team (actually it’s going to be midfielders…) to score and with an occasional chip in from Nando. So don’t expect some goal explosion from Torres any time this season.

I expect Chelsea to reconfigure the team and game plan to get the best out of Torres next season. And if they don’t, how stupid was it to buy Torres then? I understand that Torres shouldn’t be catered to, but everyone and their mother knows how he plays. If you bring him onto the team and then have him play a game that is wholly unsuited to him, what’s the point?

Did you watch the game against Blackpool? Torres can't take the ball from defence and take on all of the opponents by himself and then beat the keeper. A forward has to score, yes, but he must get service from his team mates in order to do so.

No offense but that's really narrow thinking. People are obsessing about the amount of money paid for him but c'mon, this is Torres; he's already paying that money back even without scoring goals. I pretty sure I read somewhere recently that the club has made approximately 12million pounds on his shirts in the month since he's joined.. Even if that's not entirely accurate, I'm not worried at all about his price tag because we'll get that money back, at the very least, from sales of merchandise with his name on it. So taking away the weight of the money, have his performances over the past five games been so awful? He had a terrible game against Liverpool, understandably in my book, and didn't have a great game against Blackpool. The other three matches, he's looked sharper and fitter and more spirited than he's looked for that other club he'd been playing for this year. Especially the Man U and Copenhagen matches. He's such a different type of player from how the team usually plays ( i really like Pat Nevin's battering ram analogy), it was always going to take time for him to adjust and adapt and for the team to do the same. If there's a criticism, I would suggest that the big mistake was in the timing of his transfer, when the team is struggling to maintain top 4 and there's no real time for experimentation and adjustment. So I'm always taken aback when people rush to say five games in, he's a flop. It's a very linear, narrow way of looking at things; not seeing the big picture at all. A year from now, if he's still in the same form, I would totally understand such thinking. Five games in, I really can't. But that's just me.

super post!

Great post. Agree with everything there, especially the first paragraph! :clap:

Its not an obsession. We paid 50m for him. Its something we cant ignore.

To other side, this argument that we will get this money on merchandise and shirts sales is not a good one. First, because he is not this kind of world superstar. This is Torres, yeah, this is Torres, this is not Ronaldo or Messi. Second, because there is no merchandise in a striker who dont score.

Dont get me wrong, Im not saying he is a flop based in only 5 games, but Im saying that he deserve the critics. He is a 50m striker, and so the presure on him is not unfair as some of you are trying to say. He should have scored already. You can´t judge a guy like Kalou, who was cheap, in the same way you judge a 50m player. Only a silly one will think otherwise.

As long as he dont start to score decisive goals in important matchs, I will keep the my opinion: he is not worth 50m.