Our academy

zolayes

Seeing Scott Sinclair today MOM for Swansea ,,,21 goals this season ...We never gave him a decent chance . Carlton Cole at W Ham ...Robert Huth at

Brum ...Jack Cork at Burnley ...Miroslav Stoch in Turkey ....

All had to leave ..such a pity ...and Im sure we hadn't the nous to put a buy back clause in Sinclair's transfer ...

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fact is, we gave Sinclair his chances when he went on his loan spells. Until Swansea, he never really took his chances or made real impacts at the clubs he went to. He obviously didn't impress when he came back to us either, so I think it's unfair on that one. Some players are just better off in the Championship.

With Carlton Cole, even Ray Wilkins said he was lazy. He said Carlton didn't make the most of his chances, and could've been a great player if he had. Look at him now, he's 28 (?) and still very inconsistent at West Ham, doesn't take our chances most the time.

Stoch, reportedly, wanted first team action. We could not guarantee this so his transfer was fair enough, afaik, he's a regular at Fenerbahche now.

Agree about Cork though.

Sinclair had a whole season in the PL and couldn't cut it Wigan. Victor Moses came in and was then ahead of him in the end.

Scott is now playing for Swansea like he did the reserves.

Jack Cork is the one mentioned there that will bite us in the bum imo. We actually need him whistling.gif

95% of our youth team players will NOT make it in our first team, actually probably a higher percentage than that! Having said that -

Scott Sinclair was given poor loans, he had raw pace and fnishing ability and the only place he was allowed to show that was at Plymouth. The places where our players go on loan need to be considered more carefully. With better loans Scott could have been a very useful player for us.

Jack Cork is a really sad situation, always done very very well at his loans, showed he can play in the premiership yet will be shipped out without even being given a chance by Chelsea. Very poor.

Miroslav Stoch clearly wanted more playing time and felt the club could not offer that to him. However given his ability and our obvious need for that type of player i would liked to have seen a lot more done to keep hold of him.

95% of our youth team players will NOT make it in our first team, actually probably a higher percentage than that! Having said that -

Scott Sinclair was given poor loans, he had raw pace and fnishing ability and the only place he was allowed to show that was at Plymouth. The places where our players go on loan need to be considered more carefully. With better loans Scott could have been a very useful player for us.

Jack Cork is a really sad situation, always done very very well at his loans, showed he can play in the premiership yet will be shipped out without even being given a chance by Chelsea. Very poor.

Miroslav Stoch clearly wanted more playing time and felt the club could not offer that to him. However given his ability and our obvious need for that type of player i would liked to have seen a lot more done to keep hold of him.

you have echoed my views exactly ...Wigan was a terrible place to send Scott. Jack and Ryan have performed superbly on loan.

What also worries me is the message this sends to other academy and reserve players. As I see it ,,,very little chance at Chelsea.

you have echoed my views exactly ...Wigan was a terrible place to send Scott. Jack and Ryan have performed superbly on loan.

What also worries me is the message this sends to other academy and reserve players. As I see it ,,,very little chance at Chelsea.

We'll be nicking 'em from the Barca academy next to Cobham ...........:whistling:

It is true that we do not give our youth a chance but I think this mentaility will change in coming seasons. Our pool of youngsters seems to be growing in quality year on year - surely they all can't be ignored??

It is true that we do not give our youth a chance but I think this mentaility will change in coming seasons. Our pool of youngsters seems to be growing in quality year on year - surely they all can't be ignored??

that's what I thought at the start of this season ...the initial optimism was soon killed.

To be fair, I dont think there would be this acrimony to the Boards policy had there not been such a sensational imploding of form post October.

Most youngsters from other clubs move on, and I would have thought that West Ham have more of an axe to grind, seeing themselves as our feeder club.......

To be fair, I dont think there would be this acrimony to the Boards policy had there not been such a sensational imploding of form post October.

Most youngsters from other clubs move on, and I would have thought that West Ham have more of an axe to grind, seeing themselves as our feeder club.......

west ham needed the money ,,,we need young players to come through

• 2 weeks later...

Abramovich and Buck would rather spunk £70 m on two ready made articles unfortunately......

Actually Abramovich is as geared up to using the young players as much as anyone, the reason we didn't spend in the summer and included more youngsters would have down to him more than anything. It's all about timing though, including youngsters into a squad that is quite old clearly was a mistake.

Our academy is one of the best in the country now, we are producing fantastic young players all the time now, most will leave Chelsea but we need the best environments to nurture the best ones into our first team and loans at the moment are the best way unfortunately they can be very hit and miss even for the best players.