The Pro Wrestling thread

Steve

What you guys think about this?

To me, this just highlights the ethics i have heard about Vince for a long while. Nice to see Punk finally tell people what really happened about him leaving WWE.

He probably talks a lot of truth but it's hard to fully believe someone who renegaded on his contract like a little bitch after getting ridiculously preferential treatment.

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope not with taker, the streak is done now so no need for it, Sting V HHH could be interesting tho

I've been reading that they wanted to do Sting vs Taker but they're both getting on and they think it'll be a poor match so they've tasked Hunter with carrying Sting through. Taker wants to retire at WM 32 which takes place in his home state of Texas so he'll stick around till then. They're planning it as a sort of passing the torch to Wyatt, the new lord of darkness in the WWE.

I've been reading that they wanted to do Sting vs Taker but they're both getting on and they think it'll be a poor match so they've tasked Hunter with carrying Sting through. Taker wants to retire at WM 32 which takes place in his home state of Texas so he'll stick around till then. They're planning it as a sort of passing the torch to Wyatt, the new lord of darkness in the WWE.

forgot it was in Texas, makes sense

NXT is the best thing I've seen in a while

Same here. NXT is the most enjoyable to watch & is better than RAW & Smackdown combined (and I never miss an episode of either, especially RAW)

Credit to HHH who created NXT, maybe time for him to sort RAW out now, if Vince steps aside allows him to do it his way and not interfere. Highly doubt it though.

The writing/creative for RAW & Smackdown has been absolutely terrible for some time now. One of the best things to come out of the main roster and in particularly RAW is Dean Ambrose IMO. Phenomenal at what he does.

Raw is just too stale. Oh look, Cena and Rollins AGAIN. Hey, USOs vs Gold & Stardust ... haven't seen that in a while. Tbf though, they weren't helped by the injuries (Reigns, Bryan, Barrett) and Punk and Del Rio fucking off. Lesnar is a ghost. They've mishandled Cesaro too. My heart weeps for Kane who's being made to chokeslam dudes dressed in a bunny costume.

• 3 weeks later...

Same here. NXT is the most enjoyable to watch & is better than RAW & Smackdown combined (and I never miss an episode of either, especially RAW)

Credit to HHH who created NXT, maybe time for him to sort RAW out now, if Vince steps aside allows him to do it his way and not interfere. Highly doubt it though.

The writing/creative for RAW & Smackdown has been absolutely terrible for some time now. One of the best things to come out of the main roster and in particularly RAW is Dean Ambrose IMO. Phenomenal at what he does.

But their handling of Ambrose has been a joke. They hyped and built him up so much, only to make him lose to Wyatt again on Monday. Heck, when was the last time he actually even won a match?! :doh:

The handling of Ambrose has been ridiculous as of late. They went into the feud with Wyatt far too early in my mind, it was based around absolutely nothing and it just turned into a PG gimmick-fest. In terms of 'attempting to grab the brass ring' as vince put it in his podcast with Austin, I don't get how Ambrose legitimately tries to do that with the opportunity he's made for himself, only to be shat on by stagnant creative decisions.

And don't get me started on the Wyatt family break up :wank2:

The handling of Ambrose has been ridiculous as of late. They went into the feud with Wyatt far too early in my mind, it was based around absolutely nothing and it just turned into a PG gimmick-fest. In terms of 'attempting to grab the brass ring' as vince put it in his podcast with Austin, I don't get how Ambrose legitimately tries to do that with the opportunity he's made for himself, only to be shat on by stagnant creative decisions.

And don't get me started on the Wyatt family break up :wank2:

Speaking of that, they built up Rowan to be this big and powerful guy but then have him lose every single match since he went solo. :doh:

The fact that 'The Ascension' is a bloody ripped off from 'The Legion of Doom' tells you everything about WWE's creative department right now.

Speaking of that, they built up Rowan to be this big and powerful guy but then have him lose every single match since he went solo. :doh:

The fact that 'The Ascension' is a bloody ripped off from 'The Legion of Doom' tells you everything about WWE's creative department right now.

Tell me about it, Harper and Rowan were no way ready to strike it out on their own and this is coming from a big fan of Luke Harper.

The Ascension thing baffles me, if a team is 'over' and doing well in NXT (which is hardly the minor leagues), then why oh why do they change their gimmick for the main roster. God knows what they're gonna do with Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens.

Apparently they are going to repackage Adrian Neville, possibly with a mask. Why don't they just let him go out there and put himself over with his great ring style. :readthemessage:

They're also making a big mistake with Roman Reigns, I like the guy and do think he will be huge for years, but shoving him down the fans' throats may lead to another Daniel Bryan type rebellion.

Reject the main show. NXT is the best thing going right now. Sami Zayn, Kevin Owens, Finn Balor, Hideo Itami. Some serious talent there. The matches get enough time and the story-telling is fantastic The last NXT pay per view was easily 9/10 and the next one might just top that with Zayn/Owens feuding for the title

It's amazing to think Triple H runs this while churning out the same old stuff on the main show