The Pro Wrestling thread

Steve

Its easy for the huge big guys to have power but John Cena's power is frightening for a kind of average size.

I miss these times:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrfA43jQStk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYUOVgDQ5_s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0k5f3vAn0o8&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rda-voDpLK8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdGjxHdYn_s

then 12 years on the feud still lives on between those 2

Edited by OllieCFC

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sid justice was the man >:3

Yeah. Now we're talking. Or Psycho Sid,or even Sid Vicious.

WCW had some good wrestlers such as Vader.

Damn right they have, another reason why I watch wrestling lol :P Kelly Kelly (picture below) came into WWE when she was 20 years old and done a strip tease ;)

Christ. The only WWF divas when I watched were Sensational Sherri and Luna Vachon.:mouthclosed:

*Turns max around and pedigrees him*

Who do you guys thinks the strongest most powerful.to me its between big show Mark henry or masked kane those guys were unbeliveable in their times with the power

There used to be Ahmed Jonhson,The war lord,The Barbarian,Hercules & Sid Justice all at least 6'4 and totally jacked up on roids. They must have all had some power in them.

I suppose today the UK is up to date with what goes on in the US. I remember back in the days where there was no RAW you had to wait for WWF Mania on a saturday to find out what had happened the previous monday.

WWF Mania 12 noon Sky one.

WWf Superstars 5pm Saturday Sky one.

WWf Wrestling challenge Sunday 12 noon Sky one. I still remember the dates in my diary so I didn't miss it.

There was none of this £14.99 shit either to watch a main event, it used to be free !!! And it used to start at midnight ,not 1am. So i'd be in bed for about 2.45am.

Never beat the glory days of Hogan,LOD,Warrior,Million Dollar man,Rockers,Mr Perfect Bret Hart,Rick Rude etc.

They were just magical never to be repeated.

Ah I remember the days of WWF.. Back in primary school when that's all everyone would talk about, The Rock, HHH & Stone Cold Steve Austin.

Haven't watched it in about 10-ish years now, nice to see him return to his roots though.

Lol yeah same, i aint watched it since 2003. Though nice to see The Rock back, he would probably make more money on that show anyway, he was never a huge actor in hollywood.

Rocks comments were pretty the truth cenas were only stupid little rap bits that kids use

The fact is, Cena was right - The Rock sold out for Hollywood and has came back to the WWE for money, after 7 years, that has to be the only reason. To say he is an 'actor' though is a bit far-fetch, as in the films i have seen with him in, he was shit!

I bet that after WrestleMania, 'Dwayne' will be off in the clouds of Hollywood cashing in the large amount of publicity he would have gained from all of this. I bet this is what this whole thing is all about, money and publicity. He's in the next Fast and Furious film that is out soon - might gain some extra millions for that..

Cena actually did very well there. The rock is back for good, he did say it. Maybe his movie career is over.

Rock quotes:

"Finally, the rock has come back.... home"

"I am back in the middle of this ring because of you and i give you my word, i am never, ever going away!

"Simply put ladies and gentlemen, THE ROCK IS BACK!

Yes, but that's same as Bret Hart saying that last year,

It is simple, The Rock was brought in because they couldn't get Brock Lesnar. And, why would The Rock come back to WWE when he is making millions doing films? Still, badly, but is earning lots of money. If he returned then, not only would the pay be less but, the risk of injury would be higher. And, he would have limited time to make any films IF he is actually back, due to the legendary harsh schedule WWE has.

It is simple, The Rock was brought in because they couldn't get Brock Lesnar.

The Rock has been in the WWE a lot longer than Brock Lesnar has. That's like saying, Man United brought back Roy Keane because they couldn't get Jaap Stam to sign up.

At the end of the day, the Rock is a WWE legend, he is the People's Champ, and at 38 years of age, it's still very young to be a wrestler. Undertaker is 45 and is STILL unbeaten at WrestleMania! (18-0)

Edited by CJ Revo

The Rock has been in the WWE a lot longer than Brock Lesnar has. That's like saying, Man United brought back Roy Keane because they couldn't get Jaap Stam to sign up.

At the end of the day, the Rock is a WWE legend, he is the People's Champ, and at 38 years of age, it's still very young to be a wrestler. Undertaker is 42 and is STILL unbeaten at WrestleMania! (19-0)

The orginal plan was:

Brock Lesnar vs Undertaker at WM

And Triple H being the mysterious GM.

I am not saying he isn't a legend, and it is because he is a legend that he was a good second choice. I mean, the man once stated that he never wanted to step back inside the 'squared' circle before, and that he didn't want to be called The Rock no more either. The only logical reasoning i can see Dwayne being influenced in coming back would be because of a large paybill. And maybe because he wanted to have a one-off appearance. You have to remember WrestleMania in previous years have had big name stars being involved: Snoop Dogg, Donald Trump, Mickey Rourke, and Flloyd Mayweather, who got more than $20 million for that whole Big Show storyline, which was MORE then Mike Tyson. Maybe Vince has decided instead of using celebrities at WM maybe Legends should come back for this decade - Bret Hart being the start of the chain.

I can't really see any gain The Rock can do by coming back to the WWE except a financial one. And by the way, it is late 30's and early 40's when wrestlers start the Road to Retirement that normally takes 5 tears till completion, or sometimes, is forced due to injury. The Undertaker really couldn't be said as a full-time employee to be fair, he is part-time and he is bearly all together (knees are badly damagedd i think). Triple H probably won't retire since he is apart of the McMahon 'empire'.

Even Triple H is 41.

The Undertaker before being the Undertaker lol

Teddy Long looks so funny back then! :lol:

God he looks so different without those sleeve tatoo's on his arms. He looks a lot fatter also....