The Pro Wrestling thread

Steve

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WWE network is available in the uk! YAY! Just signed up and watching royal rumble 2000!

Mate, that is a throwback. Is that the one with Cactus Jack and HHH?

Makes me feel ten again, watching the WWE. It's hilarious when the comedy isn't forced.

Mate, that is a throwback. Is that the one with Cactus Jack and HHH?

Makes me feel ten again, watching the WWE. It's hilarious when the comedy isn't forced.

The very same bud, having a blast watching it again! The HHH vs Cactus match was brutal!

Chyna in the IC title match was surprisingly fun too. Boy is it good to see gimmicks such as the headbangers, taka michinoku and d'lo brown again haha! Can't wait to watch more!

The very same bud, having a blast watching it again! The HHH vs Cactus match was brutal!

Chyna in the IC title match was surprisingly fun too. Boy is it good to see gimmicks such as the headbangers, taka michinoku and d'lo brown again haha! Can't wait to watch more!

IMO WWE is better now than it has been in the last 8 years. Shame that CM Punk is a whiney bitch and threw his toys out of the pram.

Nothing in recent memory had me cringe more than Shawn Michaels and God vs the McMahons. Or the rebirth of D-X. Or exploting Eddie Guerro's death. Disgusting. I stopped watching when I was like 13/14 because it was awful and only recently have I started again. Why? Because it's hilarious, thoughtless entertainment.

IMO WWE is better now than it has been in the last 8 years. Shame that CM Punk is a whiney bitch and threw his toys out of the pram.

Nothing in recent memory had me cringe more than Shawn Michaels and God vs the McMahons. Or the rebirth of D-X. Or exploting Eddie Guerro's death. Disgusting. I stopped watching when I was like 13/14 because it was awful and only recently have I started again. Why? Because it's hilarious, thoughtless entertainment.

I admire the way you watch the current product, god knows there's too many people who take it far too seriously (I am guilty of that at times). I have never left wrestling, been watching it since my dad bought me saturday nights main event on VHS when I was 5. Been hooked ever since. My favourite period was the attitude era, but I dont hate the current product, with promising acts in NXT and some solid performers on the main roster there's still more than enough reason to watch. I am a huge punk fan so that was really depressing when he got pissed off and left. I only have one mate who watches the product too, so its nice to have a forum thread to discuss the wwe with far away fans!

I admire the way you watch the current product, god knows there's too many people who take it far too seriously (I am guilty of that at times). I have never left wrestling, been watching it since my dad bought me saturday nights main event on VHS when I was 5. Been hooked ever since. My favourite period was the attitude era, but I dont hate the current product, with promising acts in NXT and some solid performers on the main roster there's still more than enough reason to watch. I am a huge punk fan so that was really depressing when he got pissed off and left. I only have one mate who watches the product too, so its nice to have a forum thread to discuss the wwe with far away fans!

I do have an issue with the tag team division. I do hate those Legion of Doom lookalikes. They are boring and suck. Brand New Day is boring and generic as stale white bread. I love Goldust and Stardust, unique and hilarious.

My gf and I watched this last night:

I do have an issue with the tag team division. I do hate those Legion of Doom lookalikes. They are boring and suck. Brand New Day is boring and generic as stale white bread. I love Goldust and Stardust, unique and hilarious.

Yeah apart from the Usos (who I think are getting stale), the tag division is weak. I do like the team of tyson Kidd and Cesaro, two guys who can seriously work. The Ascencion getting repackaged to be a LOD rip off was so dumb, they are stale in the ring though, didn't think they were much of it in NXT.

I present the greatest mathematician of our times, from a highly educated university - Dr Scott Steiner!

:D

• 2 weeks later...

Triple threat was fanfuckingtastic. Rumble started well and then they went and repeated the mistake of last fucking year in the second half. I'd love to think there was some kind of Master plan like they hinted to a bit on Raw but....

Rumble was good

Glad Lesner is still champ and im glad Roman won the rumble, the fans didnt need to boo him just cos bryan went out so quick

Roman is fucking horrendous. No charisma, can't talk without being fed lines, no talent, botches moves whilst only knowing about 5 of them. The Rock standing next to him can't even generate applause.

The Royal Rumble was absolutely terrible except for the Triple Threat. I'm glad I didn't pay for it otherwise I would have demanded a refund after Monday night Raw.

You could tell WWE died a little when Kane and Big Show; two old men that haven't had a good match in almost eight years threw; Ziggler, Wyatt and Ambrose over the ropes with no hassle. Burying the future of the WWE today. Instead of building the company around the new popular talent, WWE is hanging onto guys years past their prime.

WWE forces one of the worst received and hated people as the new face of the company while burying the men that are actually popular and draw crowds.

GENIUS

Triple threat was greatness, they made Rollins look a star.

The rumble however was a clusterfuck and not just because of Bryan's elimination, having guys like Wyatt, Ambrose and Ziggler eliminated in such a shit way by two over the hill guys was like a slap in the face to fans, almost like they want them to boo.

Reigns I have no issue with, he's very likeable, I just think the fans are tired of having big guys shoved down their throat (ahem). Reigns is suffering due to a number of factors, one I believe is Cena;s booking, he rarely if ever puts people over and is so stale. They can forsee, like I can, Reigns being booked similarly through no fault of his own and the fans do not want it.

Speaking of Cena, cant wait to see him overcome the odds and beat Rusev....YAWN!

Rumble was good

Glad Lesner is still champ and im glad Roman won the rumble, the fans didnt need to boo him just cos bryan went out so quick

Really? Thought it was downright rubbish. I didn't watch the PPV but when I saw the results, noticed nothing outstanding really happened. All too predictable and one dimensional, if you like. The triple threat was decent at best and the Royal Rumble match was just flat.

Shameless Mick Foley style plug time but if anyone here on fb and is a wrestling fan wants to join a page me and a friend set up, long time wrestling fans, if we get enough likes or fans or whatever it is we'd like to break into podcasting etc.. Anyways, if you are into wrestling memes/news/reviews give us a like. Ta!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/What-a-Maneuver/1412137292416853