The Pro Wrestling thread

Steve

I've been reading that they wanted to do Sting vs Taker but they're both getting on and they think it'll be a poor match so they've tasked Hunter with carrying Sting through. Taker wants to retire at WM 32 which takes place in his home state of Texas so he'll stick around till then. They're planning it as a sort of passing the torch to Wyatt, the new lord of darkness in the WWE.

Told you so.

Say what you want about the Rumble but man did I dig seeing Bubba back! Wouldn't hurt getting the Dudleyz back; tag division is crap as it is.

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Undetaker is a half-decade past it and looks like shit. That damn mohawk is upsetting. Sting is in better shape than Mark Callaway but is a couple of years older and has been doing a lot more matches in the last few years. Guy look burnt out as all fuck.

Bubba-Ray looks like he is in good shape. If handled right he could be a good midcard heel for a few years. Hardcore matches with Jeans Ambrose could be great.

Undetaker is a half-decade past it and looks like shit. That damn mohawk is upsetting. Sting is in better shape than Mark Callaway but is a couple of years older and has been doing a lot more matches in the last few years. Guy look burnt out as all fuck.

Bubba-Ray looks like he is in good shape. If handled right he could be a good midcard heel for a few years. Hardcore matches with Jeans Ambrose could be great.

Push him for the title, he was the man in TNA. Put him alongside Heyman and start a stable.

Was in WWE intrigue mode last night and watched this entirely. This shows the entire happenings of the Austin - McMahon rivalry. It all happened during the Attitude Era, and the fact that this rivalry saved the business from its lack of publicity is interesting.

When I look at WWE now, it just looks childish. The scripting has become very cheesy lately, and it just seems pointless to follow. If I ever got back into it, I think I'd struggle. I guess I say that with other sports I watch if it isn't football.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65QkJoyYdRs

• 2 weeks later...

WWE sucks so hard it's embarassing for the franchise!

It will never recapture the glory days of the attitude era. Never and I mean ever!

The talent is there but they are not given any creative freedom at all. They are all scripted to the max and that is what is making it look so shit!

Back on the attitude era the wrestlers were allowed to be themselves and/or create a character and run with it.

This allowed egos like The Rock to blossom and bad ass Stone cold to show these new fags how to own the mic.

The problem I think is that WWE actually became too big and successful. Now it's soo big it's almost like it can't fail so they push for the PG audience because they are too young to understand how poor it is lol!

WWE sucks so hard it's embarassing for the franchise!

It will never recapture the glory days of the attitude era. Never and I mean ever!

The talent is there but they are not given any creative freedom at all. They are all scripted to the max and that is what is making it look so shit!

Back on the attitude era the wrestlers were allowed to be themselves and/or create a character and run with it.

This allowed egos like The Rock to blossom and bad ass Stone cold to show these new fags how to own the mic.

The problem I think is that WWE actually became too big and successful. Now it's soo big it's almost like it can't fail so they push for the PG audience because they are too young to understand how poor it is lol!

Totally agree with you mate. I think if there's one persona I did enjoy during my supposed "WWE intrigue period" was Ryback. I mean I suppose he does look like a Goldberg wannabe, but at least he sticks out compared to these other pathetic superstars they've come up with.

The Miz can be compared one of those naughty/cocky schoolkids that sits in the back of the classroom with his legs on the desk. He simply isn't as lethal and menacing as people like Stone Cold, HHH or The Rock ever were. John Cena was great in the beginning, but he's grown to be a complete dick, and the fact that he supports Spurs just makes him sink lower.

There's also talk of Brock Lesnar signing up for a Japanese Wrestling firm once his WWE contract runs out, and that I'm sure will piss a lot of people off, seeing as his persona has risen rapidly following the win over Undertaker at WrestleMania. It's owned by a Japanese hall of famer as well, which makes me LOL a bit.

Also... what the HELL is this supposed to be??? ...

bunny_1_full_20140926.png

:lol:

• 4 weeks later...

This week's RAW was pretty rubbish it has to be said, especially when it's the last one before Wrestlemania. It just felt rather flat and when the Divas match was arguably the most interesting bit of the night, you know there's something wrong with the show.

Speaking of Wrestlemania, Lesnar has signed a new contract with WWE - http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mma-cagewriter/brock-lesnar-shuns-ufc--signs-contract-extension-with-wwe-231905913.html.

Yeah it made the 'Mania a lot more interesting than a couple of days ago and with this announcement they automatically turned him face for this match.

Still think Reigns's winning though.. (facepalm)

And I'm not suprised by the build at all. It was kind obivious after the PPVs are only 9.99 with the Network they would not put a lot of effort for the build-up itself. And to add the build-up that three of the mainevents feature 2 part-timers and a one-timer now (*cough*Undertaker*cough*) it doesn't help the show at all.

Mania was excellent, easily among the top 10.

People will crib about HHH not putting Sting over but they need to see it for what it was - symbolism and metaphor. WWE won and WCW lost, just like all those years ago. For one night everyone got to be an excited 9 year old again as DX and NWO recreated the Monday Night Wars. I hope we haven't seen Sting for the first and last time in a WWE ring.

Vince by and large gives the fans what they want when it comes to Mania so it was not surprising that Cena and Bryan took those titles and restored their credibility as the prime secondary titles in the company. World title booking also made perfect sense - the fans got to see Reigns not winning, Lesnar still looks strong (wouldn't be surprised if they did heel and face turns, in fact) and Rollins was always going to cash in.

Taker vs Wyatt was predictable but atleast Taker looked fit and believable so good on him. This prolongs his farewell to next year's Mania in his very own Texas.

Only gripe I have was the fucking dinosaur Big Show win the battle royale but after how irrelevant Cesaro's win last year proved to be, not sure it matters at all.

Good Mania. Didn't expect anything going in but definitely a good card with a memorable finish. I was hoping Brock Lesnar would retain from both Reigns and Rollins, continuing his monster push but Rollins as champion works. He will be around more often than Lesnar anyway and Lesnar was barely hurt by the finish. He can always come back and pick up momentum

But the best match last week was Kevin Owens/Finn Balor on NXT. Nothing at Mania came close.