Best Defenders in Chelsea history

Tomo

Defenders poll  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Best right back in Chelsea's history (select 1)

• Peter Sillet
    • Albert Ferrer
    • Dan Petrescu
    • Paulo Ferreira
    • Other (please state)
  2. 2. Best centre backs in Chelsea's history (select 2)

• John Terry
    • Ron Harris
    • Marcel Desailly
    • Ricardo Carvalho
    • Steve Clark
    • John Hollins
    • Frank Le Beourf
    • William Gallas
    • Other (please state)
  3. 3. Best left back in Chelsea's history (select 1)

• Grame Le Saux
    • Eddie Mcready
    • Ashely Cole
    • Celestine Babayaro
    • Other (please state)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

Based on who I've watched live and I'm only 25, Desailly is the best defender we've ever had. The guy was unreal and that's even in what was considered his twilight years. I think you have to go for Terry alongside him because he has captained the club through the most successful period in it's history and I think coming through our youth system aswell lends a little weight to the decision.

Right back I loved Petrescu, but I've gone for Steve Clarke. Solid, reliable and dependable.

Left back close call, but I've plumped for Le Saux over Ashley Cole. Probably more a sentimental choice because I played left back through school and my local football team so admired Le Saux.

Now I've filled out (ahem put some weight on) I'm better suited to centre back or defensive midfielder B)

I kinda miss Gallas..the nice version...all that drama and crap aside he was a damn good player for us at times...and Im gana run and hide now...

Gallas was excellent until he started acting up. Arsenal fans would probably agree that he has a tendency to become a twat if he doesn't get what he wants.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I did see Chopper play ..not our best defender but a true Chelsea Legend ,,An iconic figure in fact ,,some of his most memorable displays

were at right back ..a much easier position to wipe out a flying winger ...

I went for Marcel ...a player just as hard as Ron but with the added bonus of true class . I also credit him with the the development of JT ..

But Ron played in more violent days both on the pitch and the terraces...and outside the ground

I would be interested in knowing your chelsea team of all-time

• 4 weeks later...