Mario Gómez

LDN Blue

I revise my earlier position, he could actually be importance to us. Our players are excellent at lifting their game several notches for the big games, but get complacent when playing the littler teams. Someone like Gomez who thrives on little teams could be the difference for us. Lets not forget he has 25 league goals this season (last season?), albeit against dubious opposition, we don't have anyone capable of getting 25 in matches against Wigan, Stoke, Liverpool, QPR, etc.

Whether that is worth the massive fee Bayern will demand is another story.

Am I the only one that find it hilarious that you put liverpool as a little team

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 9 months later...

He's basically the opposite of the type of striker we need.

He's a target man who scores tons of tap-ins. We need a workhorse like Cavani or a fox in the box like Falcao, not the German Cheatcharito.

^ I think we could do with both. Time to ditch 4-2-3-1 and play a good old-fashioned 4-4-2!

Really would like to see a 4-4-2 at times next season.

Ba and Lukaku would probably destroy together. Who would our opponents mark!? Would be nasty.

Forgot to add that whenever I'm in need of a laugh it's nice to know I can watch his performance in the Champions League final as it fits the description. How bad was he that night? Some of those misses were hilarious :clown:

^ I think we could do with both. Time to ditch 4-2-3-1 and play a good old-fashioned 4-4-2!

Really would like to see a 4-4-2 at times next season.

Ba and Lukaku would probably destroy together. Who would our opponents mark!? Would be nasty.

Before we even start thinking of switching to 4-4-2, we need to sort out the pivot first. Already failing in 4-2-3-1 and will get worse in a 4-4-2 without the right players!

On the other hand though, don't think the 4-4-2 work at the very top level anymore. Having 3 players in midfield seem to be the norm these days and it is vital to dominate the midfield anyway. Otherwise, we'll just have the same problems like now. The 4-2-3-1 now would actually work if we have the right players from back to front and put in the application correctly!

Would rather have romelu Lukaku up top, than 30 mil for him. As others have said lewandowski would be a better fit. Plenty of better strikers out there. He is better than torres, but so are most strikers on the planet.

He's basically the opposite of the type of striker we need.

He's a target man who scores tons of tap-ins. We need a workhorse like Cavani or a fox in the box like Falcao, not the German Cheatcharito.

lol Gomez is exactly the same type of striker as Falcao, but a less talented version of the Colombian. I don't see how Gomez can be described as a target man, a target man for me is someone like Drogba or Dortmund's Robert Lewandowski. He definitely does not have their ability to bring others into play.

Do agree through a poacher is definitely not needed that includes Falcao.

Sooner we went for Lewandowski.

Lewa does almost everything right except for the most important thing from a striker, finishing. He can be Kalouless in front of the goal at times.

Ba - Lukaku - Dzeko

Thank you very much. These are the types of strikers we need. Speaking separately from this Gomez topic, we don't need more Number 10s that will run around the facilitate. Our midfield is more than capable.

Would rather have romelu Lukaku up top, than 30 mil for him. As others have said lewandowski would be a better fit. Plenty of better strikers out there. He is better than torres, but so are most strikers on the planet.

It's more challenging to find a striker worse than Torres :P

No need to buy Gomez IMO I would suggest we buy Callejon rather than him.

According to German newspaper Bild, Mario Gomez is again our target and he is likely to be Torres replacement.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/382542/Chelsea-could-replace-Fernando-Torres-with-Bayern-Munich-s-Mario-Gomez

like for like then :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

If the board wants a player whose only assets are his height, strength, pace and ability to be in the right place at the right time in unimportant matches against shitty oppositions, I offer my services for free. Like any

Gomez is past his best, which was when he scored shitloads against shitty defenders. He can shoot, head and poach at times, but is only profitting from the service players like Kroos, Müller, Schweinsteiger, Robben and Ribery deliver, who even though I think they are overrated themselves are worlds above most bundesliga players. Buying him would be the biggest mistake since buying Torres, cos he is exactly as reliant on pin-point service. Bayern's strikers always had prolific strikers, cos they always had the best midfield in the bundesliga. But it is tough to remember when they had a true worldclass striker. Luca Toni, Miro Klose and Roy Makaay were much better than Gomez and still not neccessarily worldclass.

Keep Ba, Recall Lukaku and buy a fine 23-27y.o. small, agile poacher and we are fine in that department

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You