Mario Gómez

LDN Blue

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Always found him overrated. He is a good player who can score some nice goals and is currently in form of his life and that's it.

Surely we should sign the man who won the Champions League for us? Along with a statue outside the ground.

Also, if we do move to Battersea, you know the stand that is the one tier 15,000 seater? I propose we call it 'The Mario Gomez Stand'.

Sign him up so we can show our appreciation!

Hey man, there was a thread already, use the search next time before creating a new one.

Pfft.. none of you thought he was overrated before the match, no, he was going to score a hattrick on account of our poor defenders :Goober:

Really, he's just a shit Inzaghi. Perhaps more prolific than the great Pippo but he'll rarely score when you need him to. 25 goals past former East German mining outposts makes him a world class player? lel.gif

Pfft.. none of you thought he was overrated before the match, no, he was going to score a hattrick on account of our poor defenders :Goober:

Really, he's just a shit Inzaghi. Perhaps more prolific than the great Pippo but he'll rarely score when you need him to. 25 goals past former East German mining outposts makes him a world class player? lel.gif

And Inzaghi didn't have the height or strength Gomez has. Don't forget all those goals in the Champions League.

Me and my friend used to make jokes about him a few years ago. We called him a lumberjack and whatnot. He used to miss some incredible sitters. He is the opposite of Drogba - shines in small games, chokes in big games.

I revise my earlier position, he could actually be importance to us. Our players are excellent at lifting their game several notches for the big games, but get complacent when playing the littler teams. Someone like Gomez who thrives on little teams could be the difference for us. Lets not forget he has 25 league goals this season (last season?), albeit against dubious opposition, we don't have anyone capable of getting 25 in matches against Wigan, Stoke, Liverpool, QPR, etc.

Whether that is worth the massive fee Bayern will demand is another story.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You