Official - Carlo sacked

Styles

Should Ancelotti be replaced in the summer?  

186 members have voted

1. 1. Should Ancelotti be sacked?

• Yes, he should go
    • No, he should stay

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. Keep Carlo and let him finish us outside the top 4 despite having the best team in the league. Then just hope he can do better next season.

Proving a point that sacking a manager isn't always a bad thing though.

I actually agree with you there. Our performance in the league is far below expectations - not just expectations of Chelsea fans, but of football supporters of all allegiances. I think United fans are as surprised as our decline as we are - perhaps even moreso. Adopting the attitude of 'there's always next season' is not a route I would like to take, but unlike Arsenal and Liverpool, we have a genuine chance of challenging for honours again after a season of transition and rebuilding.

This is such a ridiculous thread, I can't believe how short-sighted some people are. We've just spent massively on two players who haven't had a chance to mesh at all with their teammates and people are already giving up. Less than a week ago people on here were pumped up and convinced that we could become dominant once again. One loss changes this all? Jesus Christ give these guys more than 90 minutes together to show us what they're capable of and in the meantime support the fuck out of the club!

This is ridiculous. It took SAF 6-8 years to win the league when he managed Manchester United. Do you think they would be half the club they are at the moment had the board decided to sack him? No, they were patient, and as we can see, they're one of the biggest clubs in Europe. CA's already won the league in his debut season, and there's potential for plenty more, but some years we're not going to win, that's just the truth.

I have to say, us fans have become spoilt over the years. How are we ever going to come close to winning a lot of trophies if we keep sacking our managers for mediocre runs?

Post of the season.

Well who knows Torres and Drogba could bond. But lets not get hypocritical about Ancelotti now. I think he is a very good manager, i mean how dominating where we at the begining of the season. Somethings went wrong i know, but give him time to fix it. And there is much more chance he will if you leave the pressure off of him.

This is such a ridiculous thread, I can't believe how short-sighted some people are. We've just spent massively on two players who haven't had a chance to mesh at all with their teammates and people are already giving up. Less than a week ago people on here were pumped up and convinced that we could become dominant once again. One loss changes this all? Jesus Christ give these guys more than 90 minutes together to show us what they're capable of and in the meantime support the fuck out of the club!

Well said.

This is ridiculous. It took SAF 6-8 years to win the league when he managed Manchester United. Do you think they would be half the club they are at the moment had the board decided to sack him? No, they were patient, and as we can see, they're one of the biggest clubs in Europe. CA's already won the league in his debut season, and there's potential for plenty more, but some years we're not going to win, that's just the truth.

I have to say, us fans have become spoilt over the years. How are we ever going to come close to winning a lot of trophies if we keep sacking our managers for mediocre runs?

This is compeltely irrelevant and the team SAF took over did not have half as much talent as this Chelsea team does.

I put it to you that any decent manager would be getting far better results with this group of players.

I wouldn't like Ancelotii to go...he's a great coach, and I think that after bringing in a few more players in the summer we can play again like we played before.

But, if Ancelotti has to go I'd only go with Mourinho or current Porto coach.

I did hear and read somewhere that Mourinho could be returning to EPL, and I think Abramovich realised how good coach he was when he won UCL with Inter, so they could reach an agreement.

I knew it would only take one more defeat for these posts to return.

This is purely down to hypocritical double standards. We criticise Liverpool supporters for being fickle over the Torres transfer, but as soon as we lose a game, the doubters crawl out of the woodwork and spout nothing but the same old recycle jargon, before retreating when the results match their expectations. Frankly, its boring.

Carlo is a great manager; a manager who won us the Double last season. Chelsea are an ageing team and a transitional season such as this has been inevitable for some time. It would have occurred under Scolari in 2008/09, but instead of being patient and accepting that eventually there would be a period where Chelsea would stop contesting for trophies temporarily, the club sought to postpone judgement day and bring in Hiddink. Sure, Guus did phenomenally way and restored the faith, but the cynics calling for Ancelotti's head are really beyond me. Although you might fancy yourself as a Premier League manager, citing your Football Manager and FIFA career mode credentials, the fact of the matter is that coaching is no easy job. Ancelotti is still learning and adapting to the English game. Couple that with the fact he had an ageing squad of underperforming players, and I'm sure any level-headed supporter can see how difficult it is to churn out satisfactory results as well as winning games.

It is attitudes like this that make me think that success has spoilt some of this club's supporters.

We do not have a right to challenge for trophies, and we cannot hope to go on without going through periods of rebuilding. Look at Manchester United. In the long-term, a bit of continuity has not hurt them in the slightest. Similarly, the rebuilding the underwent between 2004 and 2006 saw them buy and nurture young footballing talent like Rooney, Ronaldo, Evra and Vidic, and compliment it with the experience of the likes of van der Sar, Ryan Giggs, Paul Scholes and Gary Neville. And now they are odds-on to win the Premier League for the fourth time in seven seasons.

We are in a similar phase currently at Chelsea. We have the experienced figures and we have the youthful potential in players like Joshua McEachran, Daniel Sturridge and even players like Ramires and David Luiz who are already established internationals who have yet to reach their peak potential. This period we are going through is inevitable, and it can only be postponed so much. Last year, we managed to win the title by a single point - admittedly we should have perhaps won it by a greater margin, but the players are older. More experienced, yes, but nowhere near their peak physical condition. Even Lampard, with his various injury problems, does not look the player who scored 27 goals last season and recorded 19 assists. Look at Drogba, whose bout of malaria is testament to the fact we are reliant on 32-33 year-old footballers who must be replaced - very soon.

Sacking the manager will get a short-term reaction out of the players. Maybe another 6-18 months before the rot sets in again. On the other hand, sticking with Carlo and letting him build something will see us grow and develop sustainably and continue to be a force in both the Premier League and the Champions League.

And as far as I'm concerned, people who cannot see that simply do not see the game of football as I do.

The comparisons between Ancelotti and Mourinho need to stop, too. Mourinho was a manager who is designed to have a short-term impact. Not to build anything. Granted, the vast majority of our squad's core - the Drogbas, Cechs and Coles and so on - were brought in under his tenure, the Lampards and Terrys of this world were here before him. And they are here after him, as well. Regardless of what Mourinho did, he was a short-term option intended to come in and make an impact; not to build for the future and settle down like Wenger of Ferguson and mentor a generation or two. But to come, win everything, and leave. That is Mourinho's way. Ancelotti fits in with the Ferguson blueprint - and I guarantee, give him time, and he will deliver.

So your theory is to bring in managers, sack them, hope the next one wins something and then sack them as well? That fits in brilliantly with the long-term aims of the club, you should be on our board.

:worship: :worship::worship:

This is compeltely irrelevant and the team SAF took over did not have half as much talent as this Chelsea team does.

I put it to you that any decent manager would be getting far better results with this group of players.

:clap: :clap: :goodpost: :worship: :worship: <<<<<< Seeing as everyone else is at it.

Time to give a new manager that chance. Someone that will get the best out of this team.

It's not Carlo's fault...players who played today, except, Asley, Ceh, Terry, did not show any desire, attitude..they were walking on the pitch most of the time...never seen this before...Drogba was awful almost every game this season except 3-4 games at the beginning...Mikel, Essien; Lampard are also awful today, and throw all season...Today, I'm not disappointed with the result, I'm disappointed with attitude of our players, and that's the problem..Carlo is not the problem, he can not run for Drogba, Essien, Mikel, etc....they need to try more more more....

I wouldn't like Ancelotii to go...he's a great coach, and I think that after bringing in a few more players in the summer we can play again like we played before.

But, if Ancelotti has to go I'd only go with Mourinho or current Porto coach.

I did hear and read somewhere that Mourinho could be returning to EPL, and I think Abramovich realised how good coach he was when he won UCL with Inter, so they could reach an agreement.

I seriously dont want to see Mourinho with another team in the EPL.

Another point - why would anyone want to see Ancelotti manager of a transition period with new, younger players when he is failing with established world class players? It makes no sense.

:clap: :clap: :worship: :worship: :worship:

Don't forget this was the season where our young players were going to be given a chance too.

:clap: :clap: :worship: :worship: :worship:

Don't forget this was the season where our young players were going to be given a chance too.

:goodpost::goodpost::worship::worship::clap::clap:

His complete and utter mismanagement of the squad is embarrassing and worthy of being sacked. He doesn't even give tired players a rest.

Another point - why would anyone want to see Ancelotti manager of a transition period with new, younger players when he is failing with established world class players? It makes no sense.

Vecause those estavlished, in your own words 'world class' are running out of fuel, which itself causes fuel to meaningless discussions or threads or even suggestions, like this one!