Eidur Gudjohnsen

BlueLion.

Signed by Claudio Ranieri for £4 million in the summer of 2000, Eidur Guðjohnsen was an instant hit at Chelsea. Who can forget the 23 goals he scored in that deadly partnership with Hasselbaink? Who can forget the bicycle kick against Leeds United? Who can forget the hattrick against Blackburn? And who can forget that hair?!?

Eidur Guðjohnsen was a true Chelsea hero and remains to this day my favourite Chelsea player. Legend.

Probably my favourite striker that ever played at Chelsea and one of my favourite players ever.He scored so many beautifull and important goals for us a true Legend and will not be forgotten.When he left Chelsea we lost a part of the club surely.Jose was a dick making him go.He scored even in the midfield and played well.Now we are without him :unsure:

Thanks a lot Jose :clown::rant:

Jose made no one leave. He signed Kalou, Ballack, Mikel and Sheva and suddenly Eidur realised he wouldn't get so much playing time.

He's a better striker than Sheva and Kalou and even tough he is not a midlefielder he owns Mikel there.Ballack is a better midfielder it would be stupid to say otherwise.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

A superb player.

Made chances out of nothing, got goals out of everything. Formed an deadly alliance. Vision, power and pace, a legendary combination. I will and have never forgiven Jose for letting him leave. A partnership with Drogba would have been astonishing. Hopefully, he can leave Barca to go to a club where he can get back his form and get regular match time.

• 3 months later...

Signed by Claudio Ranieri for £4 million in the summer of 2000, Eidur Guðjohnsen was an instant hit at Chelsea. Who can forget the 23 goals he scored in that deadly partnership with Hasselbaink? Who can forget the bicycle kick against Leeds United? Who can forget the hattrick against Blackburn? And who can forget that hair?!?

Eidur Guðjohnsen was a true Chelsea hero and remains to this day my favourite Chelsea player. Legend.

The hair seems to be going! Great player & a great bloke.

• 11 months later...

Gudjohnsen - Hasslebaink - Zola.

What a fantastic partnership this was. I'll never forget how well Eidur and Jimmy linked up for us, they knew exactly where the other wanted the ball, the picked out the right passes and scored great goals. I think sometimes in Chelsea's history, Gudjohnsen doesn't get enough praise. Certainly next to JFH & Zola & Drogba, Gujohnsen will be on my favourite Chelsea forwards..

• 2 months later...

I was there when he scored that bicycle kick against Leeds, brilliant game that was too. Feel sorry for him now tho, yids got him and didn't play him, Stoke (Fucking shit Stoke!) got him and aint playing him and his career is basically over now. Shoulda gone back to Bolton or something lol, he's a legend there like he is here.

He's not just a striker either, his vision, touch and passing is absolutely brilliant, still is, and he could still be an asset now for someone in a midfield way. Genius of a player.

And yes... that miss at Anfield in that UCL Semi certainly still haunts