Claudio Pizarro

BlueLion.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 8 months later...

Panathinaikos are chasing Chelsea striker Claudio Pizarro.

Pizarro is currently playing on-loan at Werder Bremen, which are keen to sign him permanently.

However, former Chelsea coach Henk ten Cate hopes to bring the striker to Greece in the summer.

• 2 weeks later...

what about a swap deal?? ;)

pizarro for aaron hunt or diego???

what do you reckon??? :huh:

i think we should go for it because pizarro is only playing good in bremen and we need a new and younger striker to replace him.... ^_^

and diego is a class midfielder..... :rolleyes:

Edited by chelsea_4_eva

• 2 weeks later...

Chelsea striker Claudio Pizarro is in the dark over interest from AC Milan.

Pizarro has impressed on-loan at Werder Bremen this season and said: “I know nothing about any interest from Milan.

“However, in Italy there are some very prestigious clubs and every team is very competitive.”

• 1 month later...
Bundeslia outfit Stuttgart recently made the decision to let go of star player Mario Gomez for a fee of €30 million. The Schwaben have been linked with a long list of strikers ever since, but they have yet to sign a replacement for Gomez.

According to Bild, they've now made former Bayern Munich striker Claudio Pizarro their primary transfer target. Pizarro spent last season on loan at Werder Bremen, but the Hanseaten appear to be unable to sign him on a permanent basis.

The 30-year-old is surplus to requirements at his current team Chelsea and is widely expected to leave the club this summer. Pizarro's current deal at the English powerhouse is set to expire in 2011.

Stuttgart are reportedly also keeping tabs on Groningen forward Marcus Berg, CSKA Moscow's Vagner Love and Hoffenheim striker Demba Ba in case they fail to secure the services of Pizarro.

With the way Pizarro played this season it wouldn't surprise me if we did get around 10 million for him, but the only team i can see paying that much for him is Werder.

With the way Pizarro played this season it wouldn't surprise me if we did get around 10 million for him, but the only team i can see paying that much for him is Werder.

Pizarro has definately done us a big favour by having such a good season, it does mean we will be able to pick up a decent fee for him, which considering we got him on a free would be very good news for us indeed.

• 2 weeks later...

Werder Bremen hope to sign Claudio Pizarro from Chelsea after the Peru striker's successful loan spell at the German club last season.

The 30-year-old is due to report for Chelsea training next week but is expected to be offloaded by new Stamford Bridge boss Carlo Ancelotti.

Galatasaray and Stuttgart are also interested, but none are likely to match his current £55,000 a week salary, with two years left on his current contract.

But, after scoring 25 in 42 appearances last season, Bremen are keen to have him back at the Weserstadion.

Werder general manager Klaus Allofs said: 'We are intensively working on having him here for the new season and potentially also for more than just the new campaign. He is a great striker and has shown what he can do for the club.'