Flower Of Scotland?

Right, lets try again.

As a Chelsea fan, League Cup semi against Sheff Weds in 91, FA Cup Final in 94 and the boro play off in 88 are about as low as I have felt.

1900hrs in Glasgow on Saturday night eclipsed that, My jaw hit the f*cking floor when Italy scored, even more so when It dawned on me that the part time ex chels Pannuci had scored it. absofuckinglutely dumbstruck. I spent the next two hours trying to find a wee guy I could pick a fight with :whistling:

Pig facking sick people, pig sick. Possibly only remedied by Rottenham being relegated this season

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As an Englishman, I was confused with this game, because when Scotland equalised, I cheered, but when Italy won it I laughed at Scotland and celebrated.

Just want to say though that your team and your support were a credit to your country though. The noise on the TV was amazing, so can't imagine what it would have been like at the game.

You shouldn't be sad, just proud of your boys for coming so far in 2 years, and actually threatening three big sides, including the Ukraine. I think I read you've rose 60 odd places in the World Rankings, which is remarkable.

You should get a kinder draw for the WC2010, and I dont think any one will be surprised to see your boys qualify.

Credit to McCleish, Walter Smith/Ally McCoist, the players and fans.

I'd be the same if it happened to England mate, all about rivalry and theres nothing wrong with that, I could imagine you lot pishing yourselves at my expense.

Got back to the Iron Horse in Glasgow couple of hours after the match, were all talking about England and how they are fucked as well, so its not all bad eh?, enter the boozer, Alan's at the bar getting the drinks, I look over at the TV with sky sports on and then, it happens Macadonia 2 - Croatia 0 NOOOOOOOOOOOO...................followed by Grants XI 2 Romans Mob 1 FFFFFUUUUUCCCCCKKKKKIIIIIINNNNNGGGG NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I've always had a soft spot for Scotland and was gutted for you. How the ref saw the decison to award the free kick against Scotland at the end was baffling to say the least. I believe there are noises coming from Scotland asking for this ref never to ref a top game again. Considering he made a few unbelievable decisions during the match was astonishing. You should have had a penalty at least after the ball struck Cannavaro ( ?).

When you look at the bigger picture, to finish where you did has got to be promising for the future. Theres plenty of young players in the team with real promise. Hutton, Caldwell, Brown, etc.. so the futures bright.

I take it changingman won't be taking Mrs changingman and the kids to Spain next summer for their holiday's.What a shocking refereeing decision,aided by the linesman and changingman's 'admiration' for Avram Grant would of gone up even more after Israel doing England a favour,but to set the record straight i was'nt among those wearing Israel shirts and sucking up to them for the evening,i simply did'nt care but no doubt England will fuck it up again on Wednesday.

I've got two films dedicated for Jocks.Gone in 60 seconds and The Nightmare before Christmas :mouthclosed:

I take it changingman won't be taking Mrs changingman and the kids to Spain next summer for their holiday's.What a shocking refereeing decision,aided by the linesman and changingman's 'admiration' for Avram Grant would of gone up even more after Israel doing England a favour,but to set the record straight i was'nt among those wearing Israel shirts and sucking up to them for the evening,i simply did'nt care but no doubt England will fuck it up again on Wednesday.

I've got two films dedicated for Jocks.Gone in 60 seconds and The Nightmare before Christmas :D

it was a poor decision mate, but they should have had their effort allowed, and Barry was just a touch off side, so what goes round comes round I guess, easy to be prgmatic after the event eh.

Been listening to talkSPORT this afternoon, Durham and Ian Wright, and how they laughed when Italy scored, and quite right too, its rivalry, absolutely nothing wrong with that. If its 0-0 on Weds night and Gerrard scores an own goal to put you out in the last minute I'll be facking pissing myself. I mean, when Nayim lobbed Seaman from 105 miles in 95, did we all go "aw fuck, I'm gutted for the gooners"? Well this one didnt, I was facking howling BIG time :mouthclosed:

When Engerland play, I obviously want them to get beat but I sort of hope that Lamps, Terry, the 2 Coles, Bridge and SWP, etc do ok and dont let themselves down. I hope Rooney breaks his Neck and Gerrard has colonic irrigation, but apart from that, dandy ho!

Edited by changingman2000

as a Frenchwoman, i have to say "thank you Italy!!!" (even if it breaks my heart to say that because ... well, we all know what happened at the WC 2006) anyway, thanx to Italy we are qualified :mouthclosed: i'm really sorry for Scotland because they deserved to be qualified but i'm French so it's natural that i support my national team! Now i hope that England will win Wednesday and that Lampard will score at least one goal :D

I'd be the same if it happened to England mate, all about rivalry and theres nothing wrong with that, I could imagine you lot pishing yourselves at my expense.

Got back to the Iron Horse in Glasgow couple of hours after the match, were all talking about England and how they are fucked as well, so its not all bad eh?, enter the boozer, Alan's at the bar getting the drinks, I look over at the TV with sky sports on and then, it happens Macadonia 2 - Croatia 0 NOOOOOOOOOOOO...................followed by Grants XI 2 Romans Mob 1 FFFFFUUUUUCCCCCKKKKKIIIIIINNNNNGGGG NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I couldn't care less who was playing who as long as the results went in our favour and I didn't have to rip up my ticket for Wednesday. Skin of our teeth as usual. :whistling:

sorry Scotland! i really was rooting for them. the Scots were very close and played great, esp in the 'group of death'.

i didn't really see the game but wasn't an Italy goal incorrectly ruled offside, and Gareth Barry's goal wasn't? that plus the fk given towards the end, that ref was absolutely horrible!