The Betting Thread

Ollie

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been doing pretty well betting on the nfl.

Still have the occasional acca on footie, but i generally go for 4 or 5 teams with a couple of bankers and a couple of DNB (Draw no bets). So like 5/1 accas, as opposed to going for the 300/1 shot.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Olympiakos just lost 3-0 at home to Panathinaikos. WTF just cost me £422. I'm in shock, look at the league table.

Olympiakos are 24 points ahead of them and they have scored 78 goals this season and conceded 9. WWWTTTFFF CUNTS! Gutted.

Just put my £5 cash in on 6-0 Barcelona. MEH!

Olympiakos just lost 3-0 at home to Panathinaikos. WTF just cost me £422. I'm in shock, look at the league table.

Olympiakos are 24 points ahead of them and they have scored 78 goals this season and conceded 9. WWWTTTFFF CUNTS! Gutted.

Just put my £5 cash in on 6-0 Barcelona. MEH!

I don't think I get it. U actually bet 422 £ on that match???

Panathinaikos was 10.0 before the match.

I saw a little and they looked dangerous but I did n't dare make the move.

After the 0-1 it remained a decent 3.00 so I cashed in.

It's the so called "eternal derby" and you can't dismiss any of the two teams so easily.

I believe live betting is better.

If you know football some things are obvious.

Chelsea v. Liverpool - backed Chelsea when it was 0-1.

Chelsea v. Southampton - backed after the 1-1 - a virtual certainty.

Luck is always a factor of course. Here is an example of bad luck:

Southampton v. Arsenal. Backed Arsenal after they equalised 1-1. Bookie accepts bet seconds before Arsenal scores a second. Then Southampton equalises with a 100 yard pass on target (same goal as when they scored at the Bridge against us !). Then a sending off and Arsenal reduced to 10 men !

You should know the teams though.

I bet the other day Auxerre to beat bottom of the table Bastia.

It was Bastia v Auxerre but the stadium was empy (I don't know - some punishment).

But those Auxerre men were useless - grannies - could n't string two passes together. Ended 0-0.

If Olympiakos had won i woulda won £422. Got 18/19.

I only put a stake of £5... STILL MAD!

Sh*t happens.

Looked into my account now and instead of 32 euros I found 12.

Instead of selecting "Panathinaikos-away-win-10 euros at 3.20" I selected "goals under 3.5-price 1.20" !

Can't be the bookie's fault - it was my fault.

Had Lokomotiv Moscow to win (1.4), Slovan Bratislava (1.6), Torpedo Moscow (1.5) and double chance for Teplice (1.15), Astra (1.15) and St. Polten (1.2). All football.

Now ice-hockey: Mlada Boleslav and Karaganda to win incl. OT (both 1.25) and double chance for SKA St. Petersburg (1.35)

Tennis: Peschke/Srebotnik to win (1.45) and Andy Murray to win the 1st set (1.15)

€400 to win €7500

Guess the only one that ruined my coupon?! Fucking Andy Murray, two breaks up in the first set (3-0) AND the service, then 5-3 up, THEN 1-0 up in the tiebreak (WITH MINIBREAK) and in the end fucks everything up and loses the 1st set. Unbelievable. Completely shocked. You just can't lose the first set to a 20 years old kid, ranked 77 in the world, after being two breaks up. Fuck Andy Murray, Kim Sears, that Judy Murray cunt, Ivan Lendl and all the people around him.

Ch. league 11/03, 18/03

We have four low priced favourites today.

Atletico should win.

PSG, Bayern, Barcelona look suspect. May fall asleep - some 2-2 draws.

Next week Real and Borussia are non events.

CFC has to win (or it's 1453 in England this time).

In MU-Olympiakos it looks to me like the 3+ MU needs to qualify is a possibility. It's 7/4 though - daylight robbery of a price.

Oly lost 3-0 to Panathinaikos, then 2-1 to PAOK in Salonika yesterday and their striker Olaitan fell down with heart problem (medicins ???).

* 7/4 is 2.75 in decimal notation.If you dutch the 3-0, 4-1, 4-0, 5-0, 5-1 it works out as 3.84 effectively. So you bet for MU to qualify inside the 90 minutes. Well, you might include the 6-0, 6-1 also if you like. The possibility of 2-0 and extra time makes it 7-4 ? - too low.