The Betting Thread

Ollie

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The bets I have already made for next season (2013/14) prior to Jose's return being announced :

Premier League - £150 @ 5/1

FA Cup - £100 @ 7/1

Champions League - £100 @ 14/1

Quadruple - £5 @ 2,000/1

Quadruple - £15 @ 1,500/1

Champ League, FA Cup, and League Cup - £5 @ 500/1

Prem League, FA Cup, and Champ League - £5 @ 250/1

Prem League, League Cup, and Champ League - £5 @ 250/1

Prem League, FA Cup, and League Cup - £5 @ 150/1

That just leaves the League Cup for me to bet on. Currently the best odds are just 7/1, but I am hoping to get better.

• 1 month later...

The bets I have already made for next season (2013/14) prior to Jose's return being announced :

Premier League - £150 @ 5/1

FA Cup - £100 @ 7/1

Champions League - £100 @ 14/1

Quadruple - £5 @ 2,000/1

Quadruple - £15 @ 1,500/1

Champ League, FA Cup, and League Cup - £5 @ 500/1

Prem League, FA Cup, and Champ League - £5 @ 250/1

Prem League, League Cup, and Champ League - £5 @ 250/1

Prem League, FA Cup, and League Cup - £5 @ 150/1

That just leaves the League Cup for me to bet on. Currently the best odds are just 7/1, but I am hoping to get better.

I could never do so many future bets, I hate having to wait so long, haha.

• 3 weeks later...

Free money on betfair...

Arsenal are 11.5 to win the league. (Which is never gonna happen... Us, Utd, City and spurs all have better teams.

Just lay that or say 12 to get some action. Then generate around about 8/9% interest. Better than any bank. And probably a safer investment.

Liverpool to get top 4 3/1.

Lay that and make 33% interest as i can't see liverpool getting there either. Bit more risky, but i still can't see it happenning.

I don't get what you're on about? what do you mean 'lay' are you saying to bet that they'll get it or not?

I don't get what you're on about? what do you mean 'lay' are you saying to bet that they'll get it or not?

If you go on betfair, you can "lay" instead of "back". Because betfair is about people betting against each other, if you lay, you act as the bookmaker. So i could lay Arsenal winning the league at 12/1. So effectively i am risking £120 to the betters £10. If arsenal don't win the league then i get £130 back. Thats why betfair give you the best prices as a backer, as everyone knows the bookies have the advantage so the prices you get are more reasonable (Except in this case imo.)

So liverpool are 4.0 to get top 4 (3/1). If i wanted to bet on that then obviously a £10 bet returns £40 quid including stake. But i could lay it (Act as the bookmaker) and risk say £300 to the betters £100. So if they don't i get £400.

And i was half joking that if i were to put a huge bet (I wouldn't because i only bet small amounts) say 1k on arsenal not winning then that would get me 8/9% profit on my money. (assuming they don't win the league lol).

If you go on betfair, you can "lay" instead of "back". Because betfair is about people betting against each other, if you lay, you act as the bookmaker. So i could lay Arsenal winning the league at 12/1. So effectively i am risking £120 to the betters £10. If arsenal don't win the league then i get £130 back. Thats why betfair give you the best prices as a backer, as everyone knows the bookies have the advantage so the prices you get are more reasonable (Except in this case imo.)

So liverpool are 4.0 to get top 4 (3/1). If i wanted to bet on that then obviously a £10 bet returns £40 quid including stake. But i could lay it (Act as the bookmaker) and risk say £300 to the betters £100. So if they don't i get £400.

And i was half joking that if i were to put a huge bet (I wouldn't because i only bet small amounts) say 1k on arsenal not winning then that would get me 8/9% profit on my money. (assuming they don't win the league lol).

Ahhh ok sorry mate didn't get you. Yer its a genuinely excellent idea. If i had the money to do the Arsenal bet i'd defo do that, like you say its earning more than it would be in the bank.

Ahhh ok sorry mate didn't get you. Yer its a genuinely excellent idea. If i had the money to do the Arsenal bet i'd defo do that, like you say its earning more than it would be in the bank.

Thats alright mate. And yeah i know. Obviously not doing it myself, but i was quite surprised by those odds, thought they would be a lot bigger. More in the 30's.

• 3 weeks later...

Man i've fucked so much money away in the last 2 weeks.

Arsenal messed me up last weekend (Which i secretly loved)

And Brighton fucked me up today, as did a few others. All i have left is Man Utd to win with a load of Italian cup games. Really hope i don't bet as much as i did last season.

Don't bet on the grand national anymore as all my horses end up dying on me.. :cry:

Apart from Rhyme n Reason who won me about 80quid when I was 12 or 13 about 25 years ago..

The only betting I do on my sports teams is first goal scorer..Dan Petrescu won me enough to pay for back to back season tickets back in the day. he had a habit of scoring our first goal for a while and was always around 40-1.

I mostly bet on NFL.4 game accumulators.