Everton Vs Chelsea

BlueLion.

We should have enough to see us through.

They'll have to chase the game from the off and will be going all guns blazing to get a goal as quick as they can to level things up.......The longer the game goes on the more they will have to push forward and that will leave gaps at the back which we will have to take advantage of.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We should have ourselves in a position to be able to win the tie without too much problems. We had them under control in the last leg and we should be able to do the same this time. We need to take our chances better though and bang a couple of goals in to give us the comfort.

Only sold 1600/6000 tickets for this one. So if you can, get up there, special train going from London for £10.

Gutted that I cant go.

Thats a disgrace not even half of the tickets sold....i expected more from our away fans.

Edited by TrueBlue

Get back to London or the South around 4 am with work the next day ? Yeah right.

SWP is out with severe bruising or something, so that makes 8 potential regulars that would normally be first choice.

It pretty much limits us to there being only 1 possible team we could put out:

....................Cech.......................

Belletti....Alex........Carvalho....Bridge

J.Cole......Maka.....Ballack.....Malouda

............Anelka.......Pizzarro.............

Should be enough still to get us through to the final, but if we pick up another injury we are f**ked.

It pretty much limits us to there being only 1 possible team we could put out:

....................Cech.......................

Belletti....Alex........Carvalho....Bridge

J.Cole......Maka.....Ballack.....Malouda

............Anelka.......Pizzarro.............

Should be enough still to get us through to the final, but if we pick up another injury we are f**ked.

Too right. Looks a pretty strong side though, and can see it maybe going to extra time with another final against the Arse

Too right. Looks a pretty strong side though, and can see it maybe going to extra time with another final against the Arse

I have a feeling we will get the spurs in the final. I think we can win this game though with that team and be able to progress to the final without too much fuss. I would hate to got to extra time or have a tight end to the game.

I have a feeling we will get the spurs in the final. I think we can win this game though with that team and be able to progress to the final without too much fuss. I would hate to got to extra time or have a tight end to the game.

Like you say as long as no one gets carted off, that defence and having Maka should stop them. Hope we can score early on, 0-0 at 80 mins or something could be a nightmare.

There will be a lot of pressure on Malouda and J.Cole tommorow because Ballack will not be able to get forward as much as when playing the 4-3-3 so the wingers will have to create the supply line to Anelka and Pizarro and Pizarro will need to up his overall contribution to the team game.

If we can play close to what we did in the first leg then we will have no problem as we managed to completely stop Everton from playing at all, but i don't think it will be that simple this time.

Its the sort of game where Kalou and SWP would be ideal for unlocking their defence, but JC and Malouda will have to do it. Also a chance for Anelka to open his account.

Looking forward to this one, it all seems fairly balanced, unless they score first of course.

Its the sort of game where Kalou and SWP would be ideal for unlocking their defence, but JC and Malouda will have to do it. Also a chance for Anelka to open his account.

Looking forward to this one, it all seems fairly balanced, unless they score first of course.

Lol. Unfortunately for us this game should already be over, we should have buried them long before Mikel got sent off but we didn't take our chances. Creating chances was a problem for us at the weekend and we will need to remedy that for tommorow. If we can put a few chances Anelka's way i think he will get a goal, he has created a few good chances for himself so far and been unlucky.

This tie is our 35th semi-final in 97 years. That's not to bad for a team with 'no history', working out as 1 every 2.7 years.

35 ---- 2008 LC SEMI EVERTON 2 legs

34 ---- 2007 CL SEMI LIVERPOOL 2 legs

33 ---- 2007 FAC SEMI BLACKBURN @ Old Traff

32 ---- 2007 LC SEMI WYCOMBE 2 legs

31 ---- 2006 FAC SEMI LIVERPOOL @ Old Traff

30 ---- 2005 CL SEMI LIVERPOOL 2 legs

29 ---- 2005 LC SEMI MAN UTD 2 legs

28 ---- 2004 CL SEMI MONACO 2 legs

27 ---- 2002 FAC SEMI FULHAM @ Villa Park

26 ---- 2002 LC SEMI SPURS 2 legs

25 ---- 2000 FAC SEMI NEWCASTLE @ Wembley

24 ---- 1999 CWC SEMI MALLORCA 2 legs