Everton Vs Chelsea

BlueLion.

Everton vs Chelsea FC

_44367293_pizzaro_pa.jpg

Chelsea travel to Goodison Park with a 2-1 aggregate lead to defend and a place in the League Cup final at stake.

Shaun Wright-Phillips scored as Chelsea forced a late winner through a Joleon Lescott own goal, and after beating Birmingham City and Tottenham in the Premier League, the West London outfit will enter this encounter brimming with confidence.

Match chat here.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Erm erm eekkk!!!

We need go and get an away goal ,no just sit back and defend as that never works and they have an away goal advantage.

I think we'll do this 1-0.Analka to get his first :D gana be saying that till he does prob but hey.

Quite worried about this, although I think they'll just play Andy Johnson upfront alone, due to the amount of midfielders they have, and I think we'll deal with that.

There fans seem to think that they will beat us due to the intimidating atmosphere that their supporters will create, which I think is a load of bollocks. We've been and got two wins in the Mestalla in the last 8 months, so I don't think that will be a factor.

SWP's a doubt now, so either Sidwell, or *fingers-crossed*, Lampard will step in.

We'll knick it. Just.

Away goals do not count in the Carling Cup.

I think the game will finish 1-1, a result which I would be more than happy with.

are you 100% sure mate?...............i thought they said on commentary on the 1st leg that in the advent of the scores being level after full time away goals would count double, then again i could be talking bollocks :rolleyes:

regards:JBD

You're quite right, actually. The Chelsea TV commentators were wrong. This is from the CC's official site:

In the event of the scores being level at the end of ninety minutes' play in Rounds One, Two, Three, Four and Five an extra half-hour shall be played. If the tie is still undecided after extra time, the winners shall be determined by the taking of kicks from the penalty mark in accordance with the Laws of Association Football.

In the Semi-Final ties, if the aggregate score is level at the end of the second game an extra half-hour shall be played. If the aggregate scores are still level at the end of extra time the tie shall be decided by goals scored away from home counting twice. If the teams remain equal after this procedure the tie shall be determined by the taking of kicks from the penalty mark in accordance with the Laws of Association Football.

So away goals aggregate only counts at the end of the extra time period.

1-0 would probably do it for us.

But I stress, Everton are going to throw the kitchen sink at us, I guarantee it. Home advantage, everything to play for. One of Avram's bigger tests this one.

So away goals aggregate only counts at the end of the extra time period.

Yeah, so if Everton are 1-0 up after extra time they go through

Edited by CJ Revo

obviously gonna be tough, but i think the Lescott own goal really might count to be a huge moment. I feel more confident about this than i did a couple of weeks back and i really think we'll get the job done. 2-0. We'll get an early goal then catch em at the end.

Everton have no choice but to attack, and attack they will. We have the simple task of mopping up and hitting them on the counter. SWP was an integral player for this match and we shall miss him. Let's hope Malouda can up his game because he was awful yesterday.