TalkChelsea Managers League chat

Shane

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I pretty much knew I had no chance of getting anything from the away fixture against Term when I saw that Super Villains, who had a much better squad than mine, got all his tactics spot on at home against him and barely scraped a 1-1 draw! There's absolutely no competition for first place this season.

I pretty much knew I had no chance of getting anything from the away fixture against Term when I saw that Super Villains, who had a much better squad than mine, got all his tactics spot on at home against him and barely scraped a 1-1 draw! There's absolutely no competition for first place this season.

Maybe team wise but you can still strive to be the best manager. :)

Hard to feel good about that when you team just got thumped :P

Jürgen Klopp might find himself in charge of a team that might not be as star studded and expensive as some but does that make him a worse manager than our very own Jose Mourinho, Ancelotti, Guardiola?

You dropped points to Super Villains & Blue Ultras prior to this, it would be very close at the top if you had got something from those games. Super Villains even forgot to set his tactics against you!

You dropped points to Super Villains & Blue Ultras prior to this, it would be very close at the top if you had got something from those games. Super Villains even forgot to set his tactics against you!

Still, you're always going to win the head-to-head encounters. I got my tactics wrong against Super Villains at home (only time this season) so I lost, you got your tactics wrong against him away and still got a draw. That's the difference skill levels make.

Still, you're always going to win the head-to-head encounters. I got my tactics wrong against Super Villains at home (only time this season) so I lost, you got your tactics wrong against him away and still got a draw. That's the difference skill levels make.

He didn't get everything right, there are factors, it's not that simple, ask the veterans in the xpert11 forums..

I've got my tactics right in every game this season (except against Term-X it was 50/50 but either way I was gonna get thumped). This game's got a lot of luck and a lot matters on squad strength unfortunately.

btw @, I disagree with you on pressure + lb not mixing. They do! It's a myth that is not true, countless experts have said it works (I have tried it myself on Official League and beat a team a few divisions above me 6-0!!!!).

Pressure simply means that you will chase the ball around the pitch when you are not in possession you overload your opponent's box (Art of X11). The expense of it all is the risk of conceding late goals, but pressure and long balls work.

This game's got a lot of luck and a lot matters on squad strength unfortunately.

Just like real life football, thus the game is realistic. It takes an intelligent manager to build a squad and develop players the 'right' way.

I've got my tactics right in every game this season (except against Term-X it was 50/50 but either way I was gonna get thumped). This game's got a lot of luck and a lot matters on squad strength unfortunately.

btw @, I disagree with you on pressure + lb not mixing. They do! It's a myth that is not true, countless experts have said it works (I have tried it myself on Official League and beat a team a few divisions above me 6-0!!!!).

Pressure simply means that you will chase the ball around the pitch when you are not in possession you overload your opponent's box (Art of X11). The expense of it all is the risk of conceding late goals, but pressure and long balls work.

By using both pressure & long balls you minimise their strengths, it's like having two arms and cutting one off.

Our game wasn't 50/50, I got the two main tactics spot on, you fucked up majorly and guessed wrong. You got the formation right, but that's one of the least important tactics.

It's not impossible, i won it when my best player was a skill 9. If you get at the very lest 2 points against your rivals (in other words the same amount of points or more than they got off you) anything can happen.

It's not impossible, i won it when my best player was a skill 9. If you get at the very lest 2 points against your rivals (in other words the same amount of points or more than they got off you) anything can happen.

But how strong was the opposition compared to now? I finished second on goal difference only a couple of seasons back when I only had 1 or 2 players with 8 skill levels but Term's squad was so much weaker than now.

But how strong was the opposition compared to now? I finished second on goal difference only a couple of seasons back when I only had 1 or 2 players with 8 skill levels but Term's squad was so much weaker than now.

It was weaker compared to now no doubt (i don't think i will get a title in 6 season's this time round) but i remember looking at both Term and Bir's squads thinking i still have a bit of catching up to do.

It was weaker compared to now no doubt (i don't think i will get a title in 6 season's this time round) but i remember looking at both Term and Bir's squads thinking i still have a bit of catching up to do.

Yeah you can definitely punch above your weight with the right tactics, in fact I've probably been doing just that since I started playing the game. Only this season that I have one of the better squads in the PL. I remember my first two seasons in the PL I finished 3rd when I literally had the worst squad in the entire league. But eventually there is of course a limit.

Just like real life football, thus the game is realistic. It takes an intelligent manager to build a squad and develop players the 'right' way.

By using both pressure & long balls you minimise their strengths, it's like having two arms and cutting one off.

Our game wasn't 50/50, I got the two main tactics spot on, you fucked up majorly and guessed wrong. You got the formation right, but that's one of the least important tactics.

Not really, I've read on the forums and on Art of X11 (and from personal experience on official league) and it works. Not that I use it much but if nec it can work.

In that game I had to play cautious since I was away to a much bigger team so I didn't really 'fuck' that up. But my defense strategy I did mess up. The preparation isn't too big but at least I got that right.

ik your squad is brilliant, you just have the right amount of players and all of them are top quality. Due to which you don't splash too much cash every time in the transfer market since you have a strong,settled squad.

Yeah you can definitely punch above your weight with the right tactics, in fact I've probably been doing just that since I started playing the game. Only this season that I have one of the better squads in the PL. I remember my first two seasons in the PL I finished 3rd when I literally had the worst squad in the entire league. But eventually there is of course a limit.

I was reading somewhere (maybe it was outdated) that 60% of the result is based on luck/skill.

To be honest, saying Terminator-X only wins because of his team is just a cheap excuse. He does know quite alot about this game. So he gets away with wrong tactics every now and then - well guess what, we ALL do! It's a game, relax. Little competetivness is always welcome but pointing fingers and downgrading achievements after every game that doesn't go your way isn't sportsmanship, only makes you a whiny and sore loser. I love reading controversial press releases, those are part of the game but arguing over, what really is nothing, for pages, is just wrong :)

To be honest, saying Terminator-X only wins because of his team is just a cheap excuse. He does know quite alot about this game. So he gets away with wrong tactics every now and then - well guess what, we ALL do! It's a game, relax. Little competetivness is always welcome but pointing fingers and downgrading achievements after every game that doesn't go your way isn't sportsmanship, only makes you a whiny and sore loser. I love reading controversial press releases, those are part of the game but arguing over, what really is nothing, for pages, is just wrong :)

I don't think anyone is not "relaxed" about this :P We were just having more of a discussion bout the game in general than about specific results. No one can discredit Term, he did an incredible job in building this near perfect squad he has.