What music do you like?

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was listening to some old hip hop and realised what a load of Shite it really is. Listening to the lyrics and its all the same and bores me Tbh. And I realised why I can't stand tupac aswell.

The lyrics of the more prolific rappers, are the most complex in any music genre. Linguistic professors have written books about the lyrics of Nasir Jones for example.

nasborntousemics.jpg

Linguistic professors Vs Lampards Bitch :rolleyes:...

Was listening to some old hip hop and realised what a load of Shite it really is. Listening to the lyrics and its all the same and bores me Tbh.

Hip Hop to me makes no sense at all. I hate to brag here, and I expect TX to lash out at me for saying it, but In my honest opinion, all it really is, is people ranting about something or other, mostly about some girl they think is hot, or sometimes they just rant about what goes on in the world. Don't we get told that already in the news though... (bear in mind, I have no understanding of hip-hop lyrics, and I am only guessing).

In other words, Hip-Hop definitely isn't for me :smiliecap1:

Edited by CJ Revo

^ Like I said in the previous post, Linguistic professors analyzed and hailed Rappers as modern day Shakespeares. These are intellectuals, individuals who excelled through their fields and have earned the titles as linguistic professors. I image you've only ever listened to commercial mainstream r&b, that's not rap music.

I just don't understand why you must publicly slate it, if you don't listen to it.

You will never see me bang on about how rock music contains simplistic meaningless lyrics. Because I somewhat respect music genres, that I don't regularly listen to. Because I haven't heard the expansive array of artists in that genre. This basic principle should be adopted by anyone discrediting rap music. Especially if you don't have a vast knowledge of the genre, and only ever hear the occasional commercial mainstream shite on mtv.

C.J Revo you might like this, it's the modern day shakespeare aka Nas & Korn...

I just don't understand why you must publicly slate it, if you don't listen to it.

I'm only saying what I personally believe. I don't have to listen to loads of Rap music to express my opinion. I wanted to you get the impression that, yes, I have listened to some hip-hop before, and I generally feel it's not the right type of music for me. ^_^ ... then you might ask "well why express your opinion in the first place?" and I will say, "I just wanted to put my opinion across, no harm in that! ;)

C.J Revo you might like this, it's the modern day shakespeare aka Nas & Korn...

Korn are really good! I have quite a lot of their songs actually! The riff backing to that song sounds awesome I must admit!

You should listen to the other stuff of Korn. So they did a song with nas big whoop. My boyfriend is a massive Korn fan and He doesn't like this song at all. Rap just annoys me as its always the same, bust a cap in yo ass, I'm angry We get treated as slaves and my bruv died in a shoot out blah blah. I gave away all that toot years ago and let my true style out instead of following the crowd.

. It's just like Cj said imo. Rock music doesn't have meaningless lyrics weather its heavy or soft. And to compare to Shakespear is laughable imo.

Just my opinion.

You should listen to the other stuff of Korn. So they did a song with nas big whoop. My boyfriend is a massive Korn fan and He doesn't like this song at all. Rap just annoys me as its always the same, bust a cap in yo ass, I'm angry We get treated as slaves and my bruv died in a shoot out blah blah. I gave away all that toot years ago and let my true style out instead of following the crowd.

. It's just like Cj said imo. Rock music doesn't have meaningless lyrics weather its heavy or soft. And to compare to Shakespear is laughable imo.

Just my opinion.

Linguistic professors disagree with you. Are you more qualified to judge lyricism than a linguistic professor? ..

The anti-intellectualism on this forum is terrifying.

Rap just annoys me as its always the same, bust a cap in yo ass, I'm angry We get treated as slaves and my bruv died in a shoot out blah blah.

It's not :) that's the stuff you're made to hear. Also known as mainstream. I'll send you some great rap tunes some time later, which will have no such lyrics at all. They''ll be positive and inspiring and tell a great story - like all music does. Trust me :)

Example..

Just my opinion.

Of course Rock has meaningless lyrics, pretty much every genre of music does in some songs.

Rap has some amazing lyrics and no way is it all the same.

If you actually compared the lyrics to some of the best rap songs and rock songs you will probably find they're pretty much telling the same story...Love, drugs and violence.