Alexis Sanchez

milllz

19 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

For sure, that's it.  Hazard and Fabregas are the highest earners at the club right now.  Can't have Sanchez rock up, having done nothing and make twice as much as these guys.

Imagine if your/people's work did that?  Have you around for years, you play a big part in winning department/group/whatever of the year.  Some dude shows up, joins the team and makes twice as much money as you?

If he came here, the whole wage structure would be in shambles.

And if that person coming in takes you on to the next level and you win firm of the year, you don't think you'd be rewarded for your efforts? It works both ways.

If it's a case of not paying the wages required to attract top level talent to the club then we're done as a force.

From a team happily willing to shell out the cash to now penny pinching - quite remarkable.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

For sure, that's it.  Hazard and Fabregas are the highest earners at the club right now.  Can't have Sanchez rock up, having done nothing and make twice as much as these guys.

Imagine if your/people's work did that?  Have you around for years, you play a big part in winning department/group/whatever of the year.  Some dude shows up, joins the team and makes twice as much money as you?

If he came here, the whole wage structure would be in shambles.

But I dont really agree with that statement. Why would anyone complain if the player we brought in was a great player that would do the club good? I know if I wa a prima donna like Eden I wouldn't give a toss as I was still getting my £300k a week.

And to be blunt and cold I'd be pissed off if they did complain.

34 minutes ago, Dingus said:

And if that person coming in takes you on to the next level and you win firm of the year, you don't think you'd be rewarded for your efforts? It works both ways.

If it's a case of not paying the wages required to attract top level talent to the club then we're done as a force.

From a team happily willing to shell out the cash to now penny pinching - quite remarkable.

31 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

But I dont really agree with that statement. Why would anyone complain if the player we brought in was a great player that would do the club good? I know if I wa a prima donna like Eden I wouldn't give a toss as I was still getting my £300k a week.

And to be blunt and cold I'd be pissed off if they did complain.

I understand where you're coming from.  Just get better.  I understand.

But, from a business point of view, and let's face it, that's the focus of the club these days, you can't smash your wage structure like that.  No companies do it.  They don't bring in other middle management people that will make twice as much as the current staff even if it makes them better overall.  And yes, I do think you will be rewarded for your efforts, or transferred away if not good enough anymore, but no, I don't think that everyone is going to get a 50-100% pay increase.

From a fan's perspective, yes I want them to splash the cash.  But, my point was more about people asking why we aren't in for Sanchez.  And that's my opinion, I don't think we're in for him because his wage demands are too high.  And from a business point of view, I can understand that.

3 hours ago, Pizy said:

Just saw an article from ESPN detailing why Sanchez does and does not make sense for us and honestly the cons are definitely true. Mainly the wages part. If Sanchez were to come in and command £350-400k a week why would Hazard ask for a penny less to stay? It would probably completely cripple our wage structure.

That's got to be the sole stumbling block here. Whereas Mourinho and United are more than willing to work with slimey agents who want huge fees themselves (like they did with Pogba and Lukaku) and are willing to pay literally whatever it takes in wages. We simply can't compete.

It's a double-edge situation. Sign him and it shows we have ambition but risk ruining our wage structure. Don't sign him and we watch him strengthen one of our rivals. The potential funny thing in all of this is we don't sign him because of his wage demands and then see Hazard/Courtois leave anyway.

2 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

We understand Manchester City have ended their interest in signing Alexis Sanchez from Arsenal because the cost of the deal has become too expensive.

Yeah, right, so chelsea will pay that... :drunk:

Yeah.. At least if making a rumour try make it realistic.. We're trying to avoid paying money for Andy Carroll no way going to splash cash on this. 

Guardian now 

stfu everybody and  calm down. Don’t be so negative  it’s good that we are try to sign him. This means that   We have a little further ambition.   

Do you prefer carol?? 

Stfu this story is our only hope . 

71E69588-E5AE-40D2-A06E-D78A1C65287C.png

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You