Alexis Sanchez

milllz

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

Could care less about signing Sanchez if it means we keep Hazard AND Courtois at the club.

Shouldnt make any difference.

All things in life have different values. Just like players. I know I'd pay nore for a PL proven goal scorer than Eden that goes missing against blinkin Leicester!

Maybe we mollycoddle him a bit too much. We are frightened to say owt against him cause hes precious bless him.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

EVERY SODDIN YEAR I torture myself watching for the slightest hint that we are in for a GOOD player. Notice I didn't say shit hot cause  ny head couldn't handle that.

And EVERY SODDIN YEAR I say never again  minutes after the deadline days end!!

I know myself well enough by now that I'll go thru the same old same old till the day I pop my cloggs.

Unless of course I manage to find a better drug than the ones available now to take my mind off Chelsea!

It is daft.. Start off the day excited thinking we'll do something major.. Then other clubs pull players in last minute.. Wait... It closes oh crap and someone does the soooo happy with squad with have blah blah speech why you think ah crap! 

We're signing no one.. Maybe someone obscure who gets sent on loan but can't see us signing anyone who we need.. 

1 minute ago, Laylabelle said:

It is daft.. Start off the day excited thinking we'll do something major.. Then other clubs pull players in last minute.. Wait... It closes oh crap and someone does the soooo happy with squad with have blah blah speech why you think ah crap! 

We're signing no one.. Maybe someone obscure who gets sent on loan but can't see us signing anyone who we need.. 

Still early yet.Glass is still half full ;)

1 hour ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

We don't give multi year deals to anyone over 30, he's 29, so how many years are we going to give him in a contract?  2?

The board don’t quite operate like that. It’s more like - if you’re over 30 and you need a new contract you’re only getting a year’s extension. New players usually get given longer deals. I’d offer Sanchez a 3 and half/4 year deal personally. 

Won’t ever happen though as we both know. 

3 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

The board don’t quite operate like that. It’s more like - if you’re over 30 and you need a new contract you’re only getting a year’s extension. New players usually get given longer deals. I’d offer Sanchez a 3 and half/4 year deal personally. 

Won’t ever happen though as we both know. 

I'm not sure, to be honest, I don't remember the last time we bought anyone around 28, 29 and offered them a contract that took them to 31,32 +  I know new players get longer deals, like Barkley's 5.5 year deal, but he's only 24 (ish?)

Either way, it's moot.  Everyone knows it.  This isn't even a thread about a transfer rumour anymore, it should be re-named "Bitch about our transfer strategy".

I do think we'll get a LWB, but I wouldn't wager on the quality.

43 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

But surely we would have got the 1st payment and thats ONLY £60mill.

My comment was in jest.  Back in the summer, when nothing was happening, some people were convinced that deals were done, but we were waiting until July 1 after the new Nike deal took place so we could unveil them in the new Nike kit.

Of course, July 1st came and went and here we are.  Still need a LWB, a RW, depth at ST and in the middle of the pitch.

15 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

My comment was in jest.  Back in the summer, when nothing was happening, some people were convinced that deals were done, but we were waiting until July 1 after the new Nike deal took place so we could unveil them in the new Nike kit.

Of course, July 1st came and went and here we are.  Still need a LWB, a RW, depth at ST and in the middle of the pitch.

LOL OK ya got me. Thats the problem about blinkin texts you cant read sarcasm.

But if I could wave a magic wand for a couple of wishes my 1st would be to be in charge of the transfers for 1 window. I wouldnt go  off the head bonkers but I'd probably upset a few peeps. But my 2nd wish would be for some dangley protectors.

My transfers would go -  I'd sell Eden,Willi,Pedro,Baks,Bats,Cahill,Rudi and try to get as many out of Arthur,Bailey,Mahrez/Fekir,Sessegnon/Telles,Lemar,Isco/Dybala,Vidal. We would have an amazingly young,truly talented team who we could hopefully keep together many years with a good mix  of experience. Yep!! I'm a dreamer! But it would give us all a tingle in yer pants male and female!!

49539c54f54a4af5cb7f8d2ae1910dc8.jpg

1 hour ago, Unionjack said:

LOL OK ya got me. Thats the problem about blinkin texts you cant read sarcasm.

But if I could wave a magic wand for a couple of wishes my 1st would be to be in charge of the transfers for 1 window. I wouldnt go  off the head bonkers but I'd probably upset a few peeps. But my 2nd wish would be for some dangley protectors.

My transfers would go -  I'd sell Eden,Willi,Pedro,Baks,Bats,Cahill,Rudi and try to get as many out of Arthur,Bailey,Mahrez/Fekir,Sessegnon/Telles,Lemar,Isco/Dybala,Vidal. We would have an amazingly young,truly talented team who we could hopefully keep together many years with a good mix  of experience. Yep!! I'm a dreamer! But it would give us all a tingle in yer pants male and female!!

49539c54f54a4af5cb7f8d2ae1910dc8.jpg

No problem, man.  It was a fairly obscure reference.  The tongue in cheek part about it was more of a reference to people who actually believed that.  Now, I don't want to sound like I'm shitting on those people.  In fact, I love them, and I have some magic beans that I'd be willing to sell to them as a token of my love.

Dybala is a pipe dream, but I'd love to see Fekir here on the opposite wing from Hazard.  No, I wouldn't sell Hazard.  Without getting in to the is he overrated/world class debate, the truth is, I love watching him play when he's on song.

The Jose season of 2 years ago taught me that while winning trophies is great, I've seen them win everything (except the World Club Cup and Euro Supercup).  If we're not going to splash the cash anymore (which equals trophies), which is fine, then I'd like to see a young attacking team, like Monaco of last year (maybe we should steal their technical director :D).  I was okay with not winning that season, but it sucked because we were still playing shit football.  Let's face it (even when we had him) Jose without trophies is Pulis.  The silverware at the end of the season is what made it enjoyable.

2 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

Dybala is a pipe dream, but I'd love to see Fekir here on the opposite wing from Hazard.  No, I wouldn't sell Hazard.  Without getting in to the is he overrated/world class debate, the truth is, I love watching him play when he's on song.

Agree with everything you said and I.ve made a good living from being a salesman so good luck with the beams. More into magic mushrooms myself ;)

I lnow what you mean about Eden and WHEN hes on form he just makes yer jaw drop. But it was a fantasy deal and thoufgt that money COULD help set the team up for years to come. Ever since Lamps put on that dodgy color shirt I realzed the majority of players see the club as just another big company and its only us with real love for the club. So thinking with my big head I sold him to help out in the long run. Dybala of course will be a nono but the rest are all crackers and ones we need.

IF we was a Everton,WetSpam,Leicester type of mid table club with no real strong chance of winning the league etc e could afford to take a couple of seasons to create a side that worked together but we know Roman wont stand for that. He sacked Ancelottie with the 3rd highest win % in the PL ffs! Ireally didn't get that.

Carlo Ancelotti 2010.png

United and Mourinho know they now have no shot at the title but are pushing hard for Sanchez so they can make a real run at the CL which they do have a good chance of advancing far in. Actual ambition.

It's what we should be doing.

17 minutes ago, Pizy said:

He does indeed give the ball away a shit load. But that's what happens when he was playing in a soft Arsenal side. He had to try to do it all himself most of the time.

:lol: You could say the same about Hazard but does he get dispossessed as much as Sanchez?

6 minutes ago, Jason said:

:lol: You could say the same about Hazard but does he get dispossessed as much as Sanchez?

Sanchez is way more aggressive around the box than Eden is, tbf. Also take more risks which is why I think Hazard is the better player. He's smarter with the ball. While Hazard's first instinct is to facilitate for his teammates, Sanchez's has always been to be as forceful as possible and to score. He often dribbles in to blind alleys and loses the ball trying to do too much.

Hate to say it, but I think Sanchez will be far more effective and a much better fit for Mourinho's style than he would be at City. He wouldn't have improved City in any noticeable way other than just a bit more depth. I think he dramatically improves United. Perfect Mourinho player. Hard working, runs himself into the ground, basically a warrior on the pitch. The same traits that would make him perfect for Conte as well.

Oh well. Not overly devastated only because he's 30 and probably won't be in Manchester long. I've been saying all along that Mahrez is who I really want. He is a player I'd absolutely dread seeing at a rival.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You