Alexis Sanchez

milllz

It's not the end, the club will go on.

We're not after him because he's too expensive, simple. 

His wages + transfer fee + age + what it does to our wage structure.

The club absolutely know that a transfer fee of 20-30M is very good for a player of this quality, we just spent 15 on Barkley.  But, it's the other stuff.  It must mean that we can't afford him.  Same reason why Tottenham, Dortmund, Lyon and countless other clubs aren't linked with him.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Dimitr said:

It’s simple after 2012 we changed 

roman abramovic doesn’t want to spend big anymore he  has everything he wanted.  He wanted Ucl and we did it. 

So  this is it ,  this is the end.

Have to agree with this.

He came in with the agenda of turning the club into a successful one with the overall goal of winning the Champions League and succeeded.

1 hour ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

It's not the end, the club will go on.

We're not after him because he's too expensive, simple. 

His wages + transfer fee + age + what it does to our wage structure.

The club absolutely know that a transfer fee of 20-30M is very good for a player of this quality, we just spent 15 on Barkley.  But, it's the other stuff.  It must mean that we can't afford him.  Same reason why Tottenham, Dortmund, Lyon and countless other clubs aren't linked with him.

Dortmund, Lyon - these two clubs in particular have decided they can't cope with today's market. Instead have decided to nurture young talent and play attacking football at the expense of trophies. And they do a pretty good job to be fair - both are fun to watch and make tons of money. 

On the other hand, to me it looks that the Chelsea of 2018 and I mean the board want to invest very little from their own pocket and at the same time fight for the biggest trophies. Can't have it both ways to be honest. We play dull football at the moment because the personnel is dull as well. 

If the board plan to follow this path of investing very little then why can't they propose something like a two year plan of totally rebuilding with young players while playing attacking football. At least it would be a win win scenario for all of us and fans won't have that big expectations either and would enjoy every matchday. 

The Chelsea of a few years ago would have had Sanchez snapped and playing against Leicester already. 

7 hours ago, Dimitr said:

It’s simple after 2012 we changed 

roman abramovic doesn’t want to spend big anymore he  has everything he wanted.  He wanted Ucl and we did it. 

So  this is it ,  this is the end.

Maybe one of reasons we don't spend like city do cause we have a £1b new stadium to pay for 

46 minutes ago, petre.ispirescu said:

On the other hand, to me it looks that the Chelsea of 2018 and I mean the board want to invest very little from their own pocket and at the same time fight for the biggest trophies. Can't have it both ways to be honest

At the same time, we should be signing smarter than we are at the moment. We have a pretty good core in Courtois, Christensen, Kanté, Hazard and Morata - we can build around these guys with smart signings. Instead we’ve been spending £30m here and there on average players for years now. Whilst letting talented youngsters like KDB, Salah go too. 

We could aim to be smart in the market like Bayern but we just don’t pull that off. 

6 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

At the same time, we should be signing smarter than we are at the moment. We have a pretty good core in Courtois, Christensen, Kanté, Hazard and Morata - we can build around these guys with smart signings. Instead we’ve been spending £30m here and there on average players for years now. Whilst letting talented youngsters like KDB, Salah go too. 

We could aim to be smart in the market like Bayern but we just don’t pull that off. 

Plus let's face it, unlike Bayern who are the undisputed bullies and big dogs of their league, Chelsea is just one of many very attractive clubs in this league. Super talented players go to Bayern because they're guaranteed silverware and CL football every season. When Bayern declare their interest in a player and move for them they have basically no competition and almost always get their man.

Whereas when Chelsea is after a top player we have to compete with 3-4 other English clubs and are unwilling to pay what at least 2 of the others are. We end up losing out on actual top players to our rivals and have to settle for mediocre ones over and over again. 

57 minutes ago, petre.ispirescu said:

Dortmund, Lyon - these two clubs in particular have decided they can't cope with today's market. Instead have decided to nurture young talent and play attacking football at the expense of trophies. And they do a pretty good job to be fair - both are fun to watch and make tons of money. 

On the other hand, to me it looks that the Chelsea of 2018 and I mean the board want to invest very little from their own pocket and at the same time fight for the biggest trophies. Can't have it both ways to be honest. We play dull football at the moment because the personnel is dull as well. 

If the board plan to follow this path of investing very little then why can't they propose something like a two year plan of totally rebuilding with young players while playing attacking football. At least it would be a win win scenario for all of us and fans won't have that big expectations either and would enjoy every matchday. 

The Chelsea of a few years ago would have had Sanchez snapped and playing against Leicester already. 

I don't disagree with you at all.

One of my biggest gripes with this club is that they don't know if they are coming or going.  There's no footballing identity that they are trying to nurture.

12 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Plus let's face it, unlike Bayern who are the undisputed bullies and big dogs of their league, Chelsea is just one of many very attractive clubs in this league. Super talented players go to Bayern because they're guaranteed silverware and CL football every season. When Bayern declare their interest in a player and move for them they have basically no competition and almost always get their man.

Whereas when Chelsea is after a top player we have to compete with 3-4 other English clubs and are unwilling to pay what at least 2 of the others are. We end up losing out on actual top players to our rivals and have to settle for mediocre ones over and over again. 

Only have ourselves to blame.

For example just this summer... Maybe we could’ve kept Chalobah, a HG talent, instead of splashing £35m on DD. Could’ve had Danilo for example for only a few more millions on top of what we spent on Zappacosta but we refused to pay it and City came in. Couldn’t convince Ox to sign for us. We then proceed to sign someone like Zappacosta who’s average and adds nothing new. Why not hold off, give one of the youngsters a chance to be Moses’ understudy (like Dujon Sterling) and save that £25m - add it to the pot with that £35m saved on DD for a top player instead? 

Had the whole Lukaku situation which was embarrassing. We’re way too slow and ineffective in the market. 

1 minute ago, The Skipper said:

Only have ourselves to blame.

For example... Maybe we could’ve kept Chalobah, a HG talent, instead of splashing £35m on DD. Could’ve had Danilo for example for only a few more millions on top of what we spent on Zappacosta but we refused to pay it and City came in. Couldn’t convince Ox to sign for us. We then proceed to sign someone like Zappacosta who’s average and adds nothing new. Why not hold off, give one of the youngsters a chance to be Moses’ understudy (like Dujon Sterling) and save that £25m - add it to the pot with that £35m saved on DD for a top player instead? 

Had the whole Lukaku situation which was embarrassing. We’re way too slow and ineffective in the market. 

Settling for average players is one thing and it is indeed frustrating. What's wayyyyy more frustrating is knowing that we could have top players but not even making a serious effort to get them. We know Alexis can be had but don't try. We know that Mahrez is desperate to move to a top club but don't try. 

This is why I feel bad for Conte. He looks to his rival Pep whose club have bought him literally every single player he's asked for so far. Likewise José. I know they sold their best player for crazy money, but even bloody Liverpool have spent £75m on VVD who is a player Klopp simply had to have regardless of price.

If Conte goes to the board and says he really, really wants Mahrez who would cost £50-60m I bet you they'd say no unless we sold someone for that same amount.

19 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

In the grand scheme of things it really is nothing for a top player like Sanchez. 

2 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

In the grand scheme of things it really is nothing for a top player like Sanchez. 

I agree.  But, I think it really comes down to his age.  We don't give multi year deals to anyone over 30, he's 29, so how many years are we going to give him in a contract?  2?

If he were a steal, then sure, maybe the club could make some sort of concession.  But not at 300K + a week, plus 30M in transfer fees, plus another 10M to the agent.  Nothing over the past 5 years suggests to me that the club is going to do anything like that.

EVERY SODDIN YEAR I torture myself watching for the slightest hint that we are in for a GOOD player. Notice I didn't say shit hot cause  my head couldn't handle that.

And EVERY SODDIN YEAR I say never again  minutes after the deadline days end!!

I know myself well enough by now that I'll go thru the same old same old till the day I pop my cloggs.

Unless of course I manage to find a better drug than the ones available now to take my mind off Chelsea!

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You