Alexis Sanchez

milllz

Dont think Sanchez going to United is exactly going to elevate them massively due to the way they are drilled and the way they play. They are still primarily a counter attacking team who despite significant investment look surprisingly below average (after a good start it must be said). Would Sanchez really play under Mourinho for instance and find it easier than somebody like Mkhitaryian? Or Martial? Its not a guaranteed success for me at United because the way they play really as it has shown this season, doesn't help everybody, especially talented boys like those, who play on instinct, with a bit more freedom or flair. Sanchez is a top player but hes also somebody who is infuriating to watch (any footballer who does this is imo, you get shit loads of money, do your fucking job) when nothing is going well, like the Arsenal games a few months back where he did more flailing of his arms and berating his team mates than trying to help out. People say hes a winner, he wants to win etc yes and he has more chance doing that here for me than Man United, I think we can still get a good cup run and finish 2nd, while closing the gap down to City who wont maintain that relentless form. Although if Sanchez gets anything between 250-400k a week here what will the likes of Courtois, Hazard, Morata, Cesc, David Luiz.. the bigger hitters in the squad in terms of wages, think? Courtois is reportedly going to be signing a deal for 200k a week or there about, Hazard 300k a week, Cesc, Luiz... all over 150k for sure. Azpi probably the most underpaid player in the squad in terms of his actual quality too.  

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha the people on here who think this is Fifa. He wants 400k a week and Arsenal want 30-35m. I also don't want him anywhere near the club. He is a sulking mercenary who laughs at his own teammates and thinks everything is about him. Football is a team game. 

I can’t believe my eyes some of you people are talking about Alexis.

In the last year and a half he scored 35 goals in all competitions and assists 16 times. Come on. Involved in 51 goals directly. Not enough to pay £300k-£350k? Sad days.

Nothing sad about common sense. Allow Utd to continue throwing money around in the hope of winning something notable.

8 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Nothing sad about common sense. Allow Utd to continue throwing money around in the hope of winning something notable.

But the thing is that when a manager eventually takes over thats a player manager hes going to have alot of very good players that he can pick from.

16 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

. Sanchez is a top player but hes also somebody who is infuriating to watch (any footballer who does this is imo, you get shit loads of money, do your fucking job) when nothing is going well, like the Arsenal games a few months back where he did more flailing of his arms and berating his team mates than trying to help out.   

Tbhi can sympathize with him. He probably got fed bullshit by Wenger about how they were looking at breaking into the elite and his three full season's so far they haven't sniffed the title and got knocked out of the CL at the last 16 stage, once by Monaco and twice embarrassingly. He has basically been duped into wasting his prime years and for his actions of late im happy to give the benefit of the doubt was him lashing out in realization of that.

There's a legitimate chance that both of Arsenal's best players (and absolutely beloved fan favorites) could end up at United for a bargain price in January (Sanchez) and for nothing (Özil) in the summer. Arsenal Fan TV would be a hilarious must-watch but United would have an unbelievable side just like City so double edged sword there.

5 hours ago, Ledgi said:

Sky Sport reporting now that City are walking away from the deal. Quite surprising considering they have an open cheque.

Probably they have someone younger and cheaper lined up for the summer or Sanchez will stay until the summer and leave on a free, unless United push for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or walking away is a negotiating tactic because they know the player is only interested in joining them and will not move elsewhere. Arsenal are therefore left to chew over the choice between what City will stretch to now, or nothing in the summer.

Or walking away is a negotiating tactic because they know the player is only interested in joining them and will not move elsewhere. Arsenal are therefore left to chew over the choice between what City will stretch to now, or nothing in the summer.
I think Wenger has made it clear that getting nothing for either for their big stars isn't an issue.

I find it extremely difficult to believe that Sanchez would be demanding 400k a week. No clubs other than Chinese clubs or PSG offer that much. Barca and Real Madrid makes super special exceptions for Messi and CR7. I cannot imagine that City or United would offer him that much.

25 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I find it extremely difficult to believe that Sanchez would be demanding 400k a week. No clubs other than Chinese clubs or PSG offer that much. Barca and Real Madrid makes super special exceptions for Messi and CR7. I cannot imagine that City or United would offer him that much.

I heard somewhere that he was potentially looking at a £30m signing on fee if he moves on a free. I believe these fees are factored in over the length of a players contract and if that is taken into account then something in the region of £400k per week may not be far off what he could command.

1 hour ago, LAM09 said:
3 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I think Wenger has made it clear that getting nothing for either for their big stars isn't an issue.

Agreed, and he might mean it, but that’s also exactly what he’d say if he secretly intended to take the money. All fun and games. 

Agreed, and he might mean it, but that’s also exactly what he’d say if he secretly intended to take the money. All fun and games. 

True. Everyone's caught onto Mourinho's mind games now.

Maybe. We can’t buy Sanchez because of hazard.

if we buy him he will be the highest payed player and hazard 2nd 

That's one of the reasons meeting Sanchez's demands would set a bad precedent & potentially upset the apple cart.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You