Alexis Sanchez

milllz

Absolute fucking madness that a world class player like Sanchez is available for a bargain price while we're desperately crying out for a player exactly like him in our team and we don't even appear in the running. Sanchez added to Morata and Eden would finally give us the frightening attack we've been desperate for for years. It would give us a legitimate chance against Barca in the CL.

Makes me sick, man.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, Ledgi said:

Sky Sport reporting now that City are walking away from the deal. Quite surprising considering they have an open cheque.

Probably they have someone younger and cheaper lined up for the summer or Sanchez will stay until the summer and leave on a free, unless United push for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great Dybala going to City in the summer.

4 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Absolute fucking madness that a world class player like Sanchez is available for a bargain price while we're desperately crying out for a player exactly like him in our team and we don't even appear in the running. Sanchez added to Morata and Eden would finally give us the frightening attack we've been desperate for for years. It would give us a legitimate chance against Barca in the CL.

Makes me sick, man.

Well, City are bulking at the price as well.

4 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Well, City are bulking at the price as well.

Because even City know he's just an additional toy for them who they don't need. He'd be a complete luxury signing. No use paying £30-35m for that. Sanchez would actually be a huge upgrade for either United or ourselves.

I mean ffs, £35m wouldn't even get you Gylfi Sigurdson these days! Someone can get one of the 5 best players in the league for what we paid for Danny Drinkwater and Chelsea aren't even linked.

12 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Makes me sick, man.

He will be after big money. Do you think we should drop £300-350k per week and make him our highest paid player?

1 minute ago, 11Drogba said:

If they were in our position they would not think about the price.

Just now, Pizy said:

Because even City know he's just an additional toy for them who they don't need. He'd be a complete luxury signing. No use paying £30-35m for that. Sanchez would actually be a huge upgrade for either United or ourselves.

I mean ffs, £35m wouldn't even get you Gylfi Sigurdson these days! Someone can get one of the 5 best players in the league for what we paid for Danny Drinkwater and Chelsea aren't even linked.

£35m for a player who can be got for free in 6 months is madness, regardless of how good/needed he is and that's before we mention his apparent wage demands would blow our wage bill sky high (If Sanchez is coming in on 400k a week, all our top players will be demanding close to that in negotiations for new deals which would probably almost double our wage bill).

Yup, probably his wage is putting us off having just offered Hazard ~300k, we can't pay Sanchez more. Either that or there have been signals from his camp that he's not interested in joining us. What is his wage at Arsenal anyway?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Tomo said:

£35m for a player who can be got for free in 6 months is madness, regardless of how good/needed he is and that's before we mention his apparent wage demands would blow our wage bill sky high (If Sanchez is coming in on 400k a week, all our top players will be demanding close to that in negotiations for new deals which would probably almost double our wage bill).

Thing is, when he's available for free in the summer he'll probably have 10 suitors. He's only got a couple now so it would be much easier for any club who really, really want him to get a deal done with less competition.

As for wages, I don't think it would be as big of an issue as some make out. Not like Sanchez would be earning quadruple what everyone else in our squad is. Keeps being said that we'll have a whole lot more money flowing into the club with marketing deals. Think we can afford a splurge here and there.

Does Roman want to compete with the two Manchester clubs going forward or simply go the Arsenal route of treading water and scraping for 3rd/4th every season.

I dont know of many strikers of his ability thats PL proven that can be bought for £35mill. For that I'd get him every day and twice on sundays. And OK his wages are a point but I'm afraid I'd pay them. ANY shit hot striker worth owt is going to cost £200k ishhhh but cost much more money isn't he. As previously mentioned we would get loadsa money from sponsers,merchandising etc AND really really piss off them gooner cunts!!

But could WE tempt HIM?? Nah - cant see it!!

12 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Thing is, when he's available for free in the summer he'll probably have 10 suitors. He's only got a couple now so it would be much easier for any club who really, really want him to get a deal done with less competition.

As for wages, I don't think it would be as big of an issue as some make out. Not like Sanchez would be earning quadruple what everyone else in our squad is. Keeps being said that we'll have a whole lot more money flowing into the club with marketing deals. Think we can afford a splurge here and there.

Does Roman want to compete with the two Manchester clubs going forward or simply go the Arsenal route of treading water and scraping for 3rd/4th every season.

Not quadruple, but double and that would certainly be enough for the likes of Eden, Tibo, Kante, Azpi and even Christensen to get a bit twitchy and demand close to/parity. I'd get it if we were signing Messi, giving Hazard a new deal or even signing Neymar but Sanchez is not the type of player to blow your wage structure sky high for, he's good but he ain't that good.

It's not the money that's been the issue, it has who it's been spent on.

6 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Not quadruple, but double and that would certainly be enough for the likes of Eden, Tibo, Kante, Azpi and even Christensen to get a bit twitchy and demand close to/parity. I'd get it if we were signing Messi, giving Hazard a new deal or even signing Neymar but Sanchez is not the type of player to blow your wage structure sky high for, he's good but he ain't that good.

It's not the money that's been the issue, it has who it's been spent on.

It just pisses me off that sides who are already better than us are looking to add even more quality to their teams. Sanchez isn't Messi but he'd add so much to our team and is miles better than the current options we have.

1 hour ago, yuvala said:

Well I didn't mean it so literally.. Obviously there's a chance that we're interested but we can agree that it certainly doesn't look like we're REALLY after him.

Hello yuvala,

It's obviously a thing that just gets to me. A lot of members do it and I confess it irritates me. As I would see it, if you don't mean it don't 'say' it. I've made comments like this myself but I'd usually put it something like, "If we're not in the market for this bloke then I'd be interested to know why. Putting it as you did plays in to the widespread condemnation of the board (Roman in reality), which is a point of view I don't share. People here have no idea of the background, have no idea whether, given the same circumstances. they'd be making exactly the same decisions.

I accept of course, and accept completely, that people are free to read the runes differently to the way i do and decide that 'the board' are hugely at fault but, if that's so, then there are enough real things they do that they can be criticised for, without inventing things they have not done.

I can’t believe my eyes some of you people are talking about Alexis.

In the last year and a half he scored 35 goals in all competitions and assists 16 times. Come on. Involved in 51 goals directly. Not enough to pay £300k-£350k? Sad days.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You