test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

milllz

Rumoured Alexis Sanchez

Started by milllz,

1,755 posts in this topic
5 hours ago, Ledgi said:

Sky Sport reporting now that City are walking away from the deal. Quite surprising considering they have an open cheque.

Probably they have someone younger and cheaper lined up for the summer or Sanchez will stay until the summer and leave on a free, unless United push for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or walking away is a negotiating tactic because they know the player is only interested in joining them and will not move elsewhere. Arsenal are therefore left to chew over the choice between what City will stretch to now, or nothing in the summer.

Or walking away is a negotiating tactic because they know the player is only interested in joining them and will not move elsewhere. Arsenal are therefore left to chew over the choice between what City will stretch to now, or nothing in the summer.
I think Wenger has made it clear that getting nothing for either for their big stars isn't an issue.

I find it extremely difficult to believe that Sanchez would be demanding 400k a week. No clubs other than Chinese clubs or PSG offer that much. Barca and Real Madrid makes super special exceptions for Messi and CR7. I cannot imagine that City or United would offer him that much.

Essien19 likes this

25 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I find it extremely difficult to believe that Sanchez would be demanding 400k a week. No clubs other than Chinese clubs or PSG offer that much. Barca and Real Madrid makes super special exceptions for Messi and CR7. I cannot imagine that City or United would offer him that much.

I heard somewhere that he was potentially looking at a £30m signing on fee if he moves on a free. I believe these fees are factored in over the length of a players contract and if that is taken into account then something in the region of £400k per week may not be far off what he could command.

1 hour ago, LAM09 said:
3 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I think Wenger has made it clear that getting nothing for either for their big stars isn't an issue.

Agreed, and he might mean it, but that’s also exactly what he’d say if he secretly intended to take the money. All fun and games. 

Maybe. We can’t buy Sanchez because of hazard.

if we buy him he will be the highest payed player and hazard 2nd 

Agreed, and he might mean it, but that’s also exactly what he’d say if he secretly intended to take the money. All fun and games. 

True. Everyone's caught onto Mourinho's mind games now.

Maybe. We can’t buy Sanchez because of hazard.

if we buy him he will be the highest payed player and hazard 2nd 

That's one of the reasons meeting Sanchez's demands would set a bad precedent & potentially upset the apple cart.

Dimitr likes this

If we enter in the race we haven’t chance to get him because of his agent who of course prefers man und

The Chelsea of 5-6 years ago would have already snapped him up instead of all of this pussy-footing. We'll panic buy Wilfreid Zaha on deadline day, anyway, no need to worry.

xPetrCechx likes this

It’s simple after 2012 we changed 

roman abramovic doesn’t want to spend big anymore he  has everything he wanted.  He wanted Ucl and we did it. 

So  this is it ,  this is the end.

Dingus likes this

It's not the end, the club will go on.

We're not after him because he's too expensive, simple. 

His wages + transfer fee + age + what it does to our wage structure.

The club absolutely know that a transfer fee of 20-30M is very good for a player of this quality, we just spent 15 on Barkley.  But, it's the other stuff.  It must mean that we can't afford him.  Same reason why Tottenham, Dortmund, Lyon and countless other clubs aren't linked with him.

5 hours ago, Dimitr said:

roman abramovic doesn’t want to spend big anymore he  has everything he wanted.  He wanted Ucl and we did it. 

Have to agree with this.

He came in with the agenda of turning the club into a successful one with the overall goal of winning the Champions League and succeeded.

1 hour ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

It's not the end, the club will go on.

We're not after him because he's too expensive, simple. 

His wages + transfer fee + age + what it does to our wage structure.

The club absolutely know that a transfer fee of 20-30M is very good for a player of this quality, we just spent 15 on Barkley.  But, it's the other stuff.  It must mean that we can't afford him.  Same reason why Tottenham, Dortmund, Lyon and countless other clubs aren't linked with him.

Dortmund, Lyon - these two clubs in particular have decided they can't cope with today's market. Instead have decided to nurture young talent and play attacking football at the expense of trophies. And they do a pretty good job to be fair - both are fun to watch and make tons of money. 

On the other hand, to me it looks that the Chelsea of 2018 and I mean the board want to invest very little from their own pocket and at the same time fight for the biggest trophies. Can't have it both ways to be honest. We play dull football at the moment because the personnel is dull as well. 

If the board plan to follow this path of investing very little then why can't they propose something like a two year plan of totally rebuilding with young players while playing attacking football. At least it would be a win win scenario for all of us and fans won't have that big expectations either and would enjoy every matchday. 

The Chelsea of a few years ago would have had Sanchez snapped and playing against Leicester already. 

King11Didier likes this

7 hours ago, Dimitr said:

Maybe one of reasons we don't spend like city do cause we have a £1b new stadium to pay for 

2 minutes ago, the wes said:

Maybe one of reasons we don't spend like city do cause we have a £1b new stadium to pay for 

The same stadium that gets delayed each season? 

46 minutes ago, petre.ispirescu said:

On the other hand, to me it looks that the Chelsea of 2018 and I mean the board want to invest very little from their own pocket and at the same time fight for the biggest trophies. Can't have it both ways to be honest

At the same time, we should be signing smarter than we are at the moment. We have a pretty good core in Courtois, Christensen, Kanté, Hazard and Morata - we can build around these guys with smart signings. Instead we’ve been spending £30m here and there on average players for years now. Whilst letting talented youngsters like KDB, Salah go too. 

We could aim to be smart in the market like Bayern but we just don’t pull that off. 

6 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

At the same time, we should be signing smarter than we are at the moment. We have a pretty good core in Courtois, Christensen, Kanté, Hazard and Morata - we can build around these guys with smart signings. Instead we’ve been spending £30m here and there on average players for years now. Whilst letting talented youngsters like KDB, Salah go too. 

We could aim to be smart in the market like Bayern but we just don’t pull that off. 

Plus let's face it, unlike Bayern who are the undisputed bullies and big dogs of their league, Chelsea is just one of many very attractive clubs in this league. Super talented players go to Bayern because they're guaranteed silverware and CL football every season. When Bayern declare their interest in a player and move for them they have basically no competition and almost always get their man.

Whereas when Chelsea is after a top player we have to compete with 3-4 other English clubs and are unwilling to pay what at least 2 of the others are. We end up losing out on actual top players to our rivals and have to settle for mediocre ones over and over again. 

57 minutes ago, petre.ispirescu said:

Dortmund, Lyon - these two clubs in particular have decided they can't cope with today's market. Instead have decided to nurture young talent and play attacking football at the expense of trophies. And they do a pretty good job to be fair - both are fun to watch and make tons of money. 

On the other hand, to me it looks that the Chelsea of 2018 and I mean the board want to invest very little from their own pocket and at the same time fight for the biggest trophies. Can't have it both ways to be honest. We play dull football at the moment because the personnel is dull as well. 

If the board plan to follow this path of investing very little then why can't they propose something like a two year plan of totally rebuilding with young players while playing attacking football. At least it would be a win win scenario for all of us and fans won't have that big expectations either and would enjoy every matchday. 

The Chelsea of a few years ago would have had Sanchez snapped and playing against Leicester already. 

I don't disagree with you at all.

One of my biggest gripes with this club is that they don't know if they are coming or going.  There's no footballing identity that they are trying to nurture.

DYC. likes this