Alexis Sanchez

milllz

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Pizy said:

If he were to move to any other PL club but us it'll be a massive failure by our board. Just offer whatever it takes.

Well if we sign someone as equaly good as him or even better like Dybala, Bernardo,...I wouldnt care less.We will never have all the apples anyway.

And while Sanchez is having absolutely brilliant season and would improve City, I dont see him THAT great player to offer twice what he is actualy worth just to have him and not city.

2 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Well if we sign someone as equaly good as him or even better like Dybala, Bernardo,...I wouldnt care less.We will never have all the apples anyway.

And while Sanchez is having absolutely brilliant season and would improve City, I dont see him THAT great player to offer twice what he is actualy worth just to have him and not city.

I think Sanchez is a level above Bernardo Silva currently, though I'd love either here. Dybala is impossible.

I wouldn't shit myself in terror if he went to City because attacking isn't really where they've struggled. Don't think he really elevates them to a new level if they'd just swap him for Aguero. If he went to United, however, I'd be super pissed off.

I'd love for us to throw £50m at them still. I think he's a top 3-4 PL player so keeping him out of the clutches of any of our rivals is worth it.

25 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I think Sanchez is a level above Bernardo Silva currently, though I'd love either here. Dybala is impossible.

I wouldn't shit myself in terror if he went to City because attacking isn't really where they've struggled. Don't think he really elevates them to a new level if they'd just swap him for Aguero. If he went to United, however, I'd be super pissed off.

I'd love for us to throw £50m at them still. I think he's a top 3-4 PL player so keeping him out of the clutches of any of our rivals is worth it.

His link up for winger is often quite frustrating, and we hopefuly wouldnt play him as striker. I wouldnt say no for fair price of about up to 50m and thats pushing it, but it realy depends on how much we have left then. The problem is that our main player is Hazard. Our second key player is striker. Be it Costa or whoever else. Because we need someone that can score 20+ goals per season. That means, our RW has to be top top player, but at same time play for others. I think Alexis being a good player is considered a main star player, but we already have that in Eden. Maybe Eden and Alexis could be our Robbery, but who knows. Alexis only played for barca of the very best clubs and there he didnt do particulary well. Maybe he will get it level further under Conte.

He has been brilliant for Chile whenever he plays, but with Arsenal, he is that typical Arsenal player. Talent and skill wise, he outgrown Arsenal. But character wise, not so sure. He goes missing when team struggles and he looks like he doesnt give a shit or gets frustrated, after that he plays poorly. Maybe he is upset with Arsenal form, but for a 28 year old and arguably one of top 5 players of season, you expect him to deliver his best week in week out without any bullshit. Payet last season was absolutely unplayable in average West ham squad, there is no excuse for Alexis to throw tantrums and suddenly not give a shit.

Bottom line, like I said, Alexis is taking maximum of that striker role. His decisions and passing are not very good for winger, nevermind I dont want any wannabe dribbles and shots from wide areas when he should pass to our striker in the clear.

11 hours ago, Fernando said:

Wtf. When did we move from favorites to not even in comvo?

8 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

His link up for winger is often quite frustrating, and we hopefuly wouldnt play him as striker. I wouldnt say no for fair price of about up to 50m and thats pushing it, but it realy depends on how much we have left then. The problem is that our main player is Hazard. Our second key player is striker. Be it Costa or whoever else. Because we need someone that can score 20+ goals per season. That means, our RW has to be top top player, but at same time play for others. I think Alexis being a good player is considered a main star player, but we already have that in Eden. Maybe Eden and Alexis could be our Robbery, but who knows. Alexis only played for barca of the very best clubs and there he didnt do particulary well. Maybe he will get it level further under Conte.

He has been brilliant for Chile whenever he plays, but with Arsenal, he is that typical Arsenal player. Talent and skill wise, he outgrown Arsenal. But character wise, not so sure. He goes missing when team struggles and he looks like he doesnt give a shit or gets frustrated, after that he plays poorly. Maybe he is upset with Arsenal form, but for a 28 year old and arguably one of top 5 players of season, you expect him to deliver his best week in week out without any bullshit. Payet last season was absolutely unplayable in average West ham squad, there is no excuse for Alexis to throw tantrums and suddenly not give a shit.

Bottom line, like I said, Alexis is taking maximum of that striker role. His decisions and passing are not very good for winger, nevermind I dont want any wannabe dribbles and shots from wide areas when he should pass to our striker in the clear.

I predicted, correctly, that Alexis would not be a success at Barcelona. Then I went and spoilt it all by predicting that he would not succeed at Arsenal either. :-)

I based those predictions on games I watched him play for Udinese. My observation was that, when his space was closed, Alexis ran around in circles, going nowhere, and only passed the ball as a last resort. Even then his passes often missed their target. Both Arsenal and Barcelona are built on passing, but passing is the worst part of a Alexis's game. Hence my feeling that he would not be a good fit for those teams.

The contribution Alexis has made to Arsenal is undeniable and has appeared to prove me wrong but I'm still suspicious about what he might do for Chelsea. I don't mean that I think he would achieve nothing for us. This isn't a Torres situation where I woke up the next morning, saw that he had been signed, and went into a deep depression. No, this is a belief that, however well Alexis might do, there are others who would do better for us.

7 hours ago, Chelsea? said:

Wtf. When did we move from favorites to not even in comvo?

It's called media. Matt Law and Romano are more reliable then a random Colombian radio. However, still, be skeptical about the move to us. I believe it can happen, but also he can switch and go to Man. City or United or PSG or wherever.

City's transfer policy is absolutely laughable, they just buy attackers, thinking they will be able to outscore everybody, while neglecting other areas of the pitch, they're defense is laughable, and yet, all i hear are links to midfielders and forwards, we'll win another 3 CL's before they win one, and i actually wouldnt be worried at all if they sign Sanchez, because im positive he wouldnt be very good under pep's system as his passing skills are mediocre to say the least, and they would ostrcize one of Sterling and Sane, two players they have spent a fortune on, absolutely brainless club

technically he's very good, but I just don't like his attitude.

There is no excuse for a player to be playing the way he's been lately: not talking about whether he scores or not, but rather his dedication on the pitch.

Ozil has always been a (too) cold player on the pitch; always lacked work rate which is needed to become a great, but Alexis is different and it is easy to see he's lacking dedication and drive.

reckon signing him could be detrimental to the locker room.

5 hours ago, Robguima said:

technically he's very good, but I just don't like his attitude.

There is no excuse for a player to be playing the way he's been lately: not talking about whether he scores or not, but rather his dedication on the pitch.

Ozil has always been a (too) cold player on the pitch; always lacked work rate which is needed to become a great, but Alexis is different and it is easy to see he's lacking dedication and drive.

reckon signing him could be detrimental to the locker room.

He really isnt that good technically, his passing in particular is very poor, and he is not as good a dribbler as people think, he relies on his pace a ridiculous amount

8 hours ago, lucashm said:

He really isnt that good technically, his passing in particular is very poor, and he is not as good a dribbler as people think, he relies on his pace a ridiculous amount

Stop lying.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You