Alexis Sanchez

milllz

8 hours ago, Leif said:

Mahrez will be a top player for around 7 more years I'm guessing, while I'm guessing Sanchez has 4 seasons in him. We wouldn't be able to make any money back on Sanchez, but we could with Mahrez should we ever want to. The former is more of a creator I think, while the latter is a goalscorer more than anything, so it's apples and oranges. I personally see Mahrez as a more consistently devastating player. It's like Ribery vs. Robben. 

But we already have creator in Eden. And we need someone who is natural scorer besides Costa. For all the goals Eden scores, IMO he will never be regular scorer. His sheer brilliance gets him in scoring chances and he racks up those goals, but to me he was never someone who could be relied to score winning goal. Certainly can make a difference by decisive dribble, pass or even shot, but he aint clinical finisher like Bale, Neymar, Robben, Muller or Alexis. He is the closest to what Ribery was.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

But we already have creator in Eden. And we need someone who is natural scorer besides Costa. For all the goals Eden scores, IMO he will never be regular scorer. His sheer brilliance gets him in scoring chances and he racks up those goals, but to me he was never someone who could be relied to score winning goal. Certainly can make a difference by decisive dribble, pass or even shot, but he aint clinical finisher like Bale, Neymar, Robben, Muller or Alexis. He is the closest to what Ribery was.

Mahrez scored 17 goals last year, that is better than Alexis ever did in Premier league. His best scoring season was at Barcelona in La Liga with 19 goals :) He could go over 20 this year but you have to know that he is playing as striker :) I agree that he looks like a better natural scorer but he is also right footed which means that he can't cut inside on his stronger foot from right wing. Mahrez can and as far as I remember he has one hell of a left foot ;) Mahrez is much better goalscorer than Hazard IMO, much better :) 

1 hour ago, jernej93 said:

Mahrez scored 17 goals last year, that is better than Alexis ever did in Premier league. His best scoring season was at Barcelona in La Liga with 19 goals :) He could go over 20 this year but you have to know that he is playing as striker :) I agree that he looks like a better natural scorer but he is also right footed which means that he can't cut inside on his stronger foot from right wing. Mahrez can and as far as I remember he has one hell of a left foot ;) Mahrez is much better goalscorer than Hazard IMO, much better :) 

Not a chance, that's an outrageous claim mate. 

Mahrez only ever got into double figures at professional level last season and then two other times while playing for Le Harve II at amateur level....  Hazard has done it 6 times at professional level. How can anybody say Mahrez is a better goalscorer when he's scored less career goals than Eden has? 

I don't see why we would want Mahrez or godforsake if anyone was to want Vardy here, look how poorly Leicester are doing without Kante, he was the glue in that team last year, Vardy and Mahrez won't ever do better than they did that season. None of them will ever do that well again unfortunately, although they have some other decent players in the team now.

If there's even a chance Sanchez is thinking of leaving Arsenal we should try for him. There's no doubting the gulf in class if we had Sanchez Costa Hazard upfront as opposed to Mahrez instead, Mahrez probably isn't even an improvement on anyone we have who plays that position in the squad and Sanchez is more than capable of playing well on the right wing, he did it in his best season at Barca. 

3 hours ago, jernej93 said:

I think Mahrez still has to convince that he is top material. He is good, but so far one great season doesnt mean he is a top top player. If there are other options beside Mahrez, I would exploit them even if paying twice more money..

People say Leicester is poor team, but for that matter so is West Ham and Payet is doing great there even this season. Mahrez on other hand, he had few good games, but is far cry from last season form.

Arsenal have offered Alexis Sanchez £9.3million a year to sign a new contract — but the Gunners are still significantly short of meeting their forward's wage demands.
Arsenal's opening offer of £180,000 per week is a healthy increase on the Chilean's current deal worth £130,000.
Nevertheless, Sanchez, 27, is determined to land a contract worth a minimum of £250,000 per week.

Hope he stalls until when Bayern rip them a new one and are out of the title race, too. He is too good for that tin pot club. The sooner he realises, the better. 

I find it weird he wants a new contract at Arsenal. He is a great player and is 27 years old so he should be wanting more success before he gets too old. If he wants to really win more trophies he will have to join one of the giant teams (granted Arsenal is a big club, but they rarely win anything). In my opinion he should be looking to join a club like Juventus, Bayern, City, Real (probably not a return to Barca) or even Chelsea (we usually win trophies every year regardless of manager).

44 minutes ago, Yeboii said:

I find it weird he wants a new contract at Arsenal. He is a great player and is 27 years old so he should be wanting more success before he gets too old. If he wants to really win more trophies he will have to join one of the giant teams (granted Arsenal is a big club, but they rarely win anything). In my opinion he should be looking to join a club like Juventus, Bayern, City, Real (probably not a return to Barca) or even Chelsea (we usually win trophies every year regardless of manager).

Heard he does not want to leave London and lately he's stepped up his English lessons. Truly believe it's either a new deal with Arsenal or a transfer to Chelsea. Of course the chances of signing a new contract with Arsenal are way bigger than a move here, but one can hope. Especially him being sponsored by Nike with whom Chelsea have just signed a mega money kit deal. 

Sanchez was the only one who gave a 100% effort in their match against City , the others were abysmal especially Ozil, I almost forgot he was on the pitch. He is probably thinking to himself i left Barca for this. Don't see him staying at Arsenal if they don't win a major trophy but he said in an interview that he is settled and enjoying life in London, so his next option is Chelsea. Conte is an early admirer of Sanchez, he almost signed him from Udinese when he managed Juve  so we never know, anything can happen. No one thought we'd sign Cesc, Pedro, Kante, Luiz (again), but we did.

In Europe it's Real, Bayern, Barcelona, Atletico till last year and possibly Juve.
After those five there is no more and the PSG bubble has burst.
To make an impact we have to go after players like Sanchez.
As things stand we can beat the likes of Benfica, Kyiv, Feyenoord but what if we play any of the top ?
The last two years City and Arsenal were knocked out for fun.

8 hours ago, petre.ispirescu said:

Looked like a broken man in the last minutes. Just stood there, doing nothing, probably asking himself what the fuck am I doing in this team full of donkeys??? 

Too good for that little club. Perfect moment to offer him a way out of there.

Cz-gyKAXAAAZ_fl.jpg

That's his Gallas Moment. 

45 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

That's his Gallas Moment. 

Hopefully that's his: A. Cole, Henry, Cesc, Van Persie, and Nasri moment. The list can go on forever. :lol: (But yeah hopefully he'd chose us over Pep & City). 

*Little side-note which I hadn't really realized. Next few months are going to be massive for Arsenal. Could be dealt a devastating blow if they do not secure Alexis/Ozil extensions by the summer. They could lose their 2 best players if the season goes to shit. The atmosphere around the club begins to get hostile again with the #WengerOut brigade, they finish 3rd/4th and get bounced by Bayern in the Rd. 16 AGAIN.*

Anywho, If Alexis truly had his come to Jesus moment, and is thinking what we all think he is, Chelsea have to do EVERYTHING they can do to unsettle Alexis and bring him to Chelsea. He's already stated his love for London, and Conte really wanted him badly back when Alexis was at Udinese. 

Alexis has been running his entire body in the ground (most minutes played in world football past 4 seasons) and while it's paid off on the International Stage with Chile, his club success has been minimal. If Alexis' wage demands come down to a reasonable figure, like £200K/wk, (Put him on par with Hazard), #OperationSanchez has be pushed into Maximum Overdrive. 

I know Neither Alexis/Hazard are LFs by trade, but their talented enough to make it work. 

A Front three of Alexis-Costa-Hazard.....Stop It. 

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You