Alexis Sanchez

milllz

The more I watch Sanchez's performances for Arsenal, the more I can't help but to wonder that he would have been perfect for us. He's got great stamina, pacey and is an absolute workhorse. Would also solve our issues on the RW. If only we had bought him instead of Willian.

HINDSIGHT would be a wonderful gift

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HINDSIGHT would be a wonderful gift

No. Even before this, thought he would have been a better buy than Willian, especially for the money we forked out on the latter and I've said it before in the forum. His performances of late have only served to aggravate the case of not getting Sanchez.

No. Even before this, thought he would have been a better buy than Willian, especially for the money we forked out on the latter and I've said it before in the forum. His performances of late have only served to aggravate the case of not getting Sanchez.

I agree. He's turned out to be great. But you couldn't have predicted he'd be THIS good when he arrived.

Also, we signed Willian in 2013, Sanchez wasn't available that year. By the time he was available (last summer) we already had Salah, Schurrle and Willian in the team...

This just proves that we can't afford to miss out on Reus. If he leaves BVB for a BPL club other than us it'll be Sanchez x5. The guy is almost guaranteed to be brilliant wherever he goes.

I agree. He's turned out to be great. But you couldn't have predicted he'd be THIS good when he arrived.

Also, we signed Willian in 2013, Sanchez wasn't available that year. By the time he was available (last summer) we already had Salah, Schurrle and Willian in the team...

This just proves that we can't afford to miss out on Reus. If he leaves BVB for a BPL club other than us it'll be Sanchez x5. The guy is almost guaranteed to be brilliant wherever he goes.

No. If you have watched him closely enough at Udinese and even Barcelona, you would know Sanchez is a great player, who can become one of the best around. I did not post that just because of his performances for Arsenal this season.

Furthermore, how sure are you that Sanchez wasn't available in the summer of 2013? He never really fully settled at Barcelona and there were always rumours linking with a move away from the club. Had we tried put in a bid for him, we might well have gotten him. Who knows?

No. If you have watched him closely enough at Udinese and even Barcelona, you would know Sanchez is a great player, who can become one of the best around. I did not post that just because of his performances for Arsenal this season.

Furthermore, how sure are you that Sanchez wasn't available in the summer of 2013? He never really fully settled at Barcelona and there were always rumours linking with a move away from the club. Had we tried put in a bid for him, we might well have gotten him. Who knows?

I've always thought Sanchez was a great player yeah, and yeah he was great at Udinese, but then Willian was great at Shakthar who are arguably even better. So like I said it's no guarantee that he'd be as good as he has been. In hindsight yeah we should have gone for him over Willian/Salah/Schurrle but what happened happened. It's about the one player we've missed out on in the last few years so I can deal with that :P.

And I don't know that he wasn't available, but he most certainly wouldn't have been available at the low(ish) price he was last summer, as Barca were actively trying to get rid last summer but weren't the summer before, even though you're right he hadn't ever settled. But like you said who knows.

Hmm the love fest for Sanchez is a bit premature IMHO

He's looked either shit or excellent - so let's see what he's like at the end of the season. I remember Carzola looking amazing and then tailing off - to the point I wouldn't pick him over Mikel!

I think the jury is still out - and as teams understand his playing style - he will be neutralised more and more.

I still think Willian has the better work rate

We signed Willian for £30 million... Arsenal signed Sanchez for £35.. jesus christ.

I actually like Willian, he always gives his all but lets be honest he's worth about £15-20 million, the fact that he offers so little in the final third is going to start being a major problem if Costa/Hazard form dips.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You