Alexis Sanchez

milllz

It's hardly a great argument.

Liverpool have done awful in the window with their finances! Villas-Boas is smart. He's said they are scanning the market all the time looking for the right players at the right time. He's not going to make any panic/rush buys.

but they have still added the players they WANTED to their squad, whether we rate them or not is unimportant. The problem we will have is, as zolayes has just said, we will end up chasing players into the later weeks of august and the team will have no time whatsoever to get to know each other whilst our biggest rivals have signed three or four players early on and are already playing together. Seems like a pretty reasonable arguement to me

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but they have still added the players they WANTED to their squad, whether we rate them or not is unimportant. The problem we will have is, as zolayes has just said, we will end up chasing players into the later weeks of august and the team will have no time whatsoever to get to know each other whilst our biggest rivals have signed three or four players early on and are already playing together. Seems like a pretty reasonable arguement to me

Yet Liverpool have had a manager that had already worked with the squad before the transfer window opened. AVB needs to judge the squad and identify who he wants to keep/where he needs to strengthen. Most of our fans were complaining last year for us not giving enough control to the manager in the transfer market, and now that we have, you want the club to make signings without AVB's approval?

Yet Liverpool have had a manager that had already worked with the squad before the transfer window opened. AVB needs to judge the squad and identify who he wants to keep/where he needs to strengthen. Most of our fans were complaining last year for us not giving enough control to the manager in the transfer market, and now that we have, you want the club to make signings without AVB's approval?

talk about putting words in my mouth! When did i say i wanted the club to sign players without the managers approval, have a read back and tell me where that is! I actually said a few posts back that it should be the managers choice.

talk about putting words in my mouth! When did i say i wanted the club to sign players without the managers approval, have a read back and tell me where that is! I actually said a few posts back that it should be the managers choice .

Haha. I wasn't talking about you specifically. Calm down. But since you asked;

The problem we will have is, as zolayes has just said, we will end up chasing players into the later weeks of august and the team will have no time whatsoever to get to know each other whilst our biggest rivals have signed three or four players early on and are already playing together. Seems like a pretty reasonable arguement to me

How do you propose we give AVB time to assess his squad and make new signings without it taking more than 2 weeks of preseason training?

You do realise that the club probably had targets before the transfer window opened, and that AVB was probably not the original choice for manager, therefore the targets changed.

I understand your argument. However you assume that what we see on the face, is true behind closed doors. Maybe negotiations and bids are being taken place and lodged. We know of a few targets we're openly chasing because clubs have chosen to reveal them, however there may be a few more we're completely unaware of. I get your point about time to gel and play together asap. However patience is key.

Haha. I wasn't talking about you specifically. Calm down. But since you asked;

How do you propose we give AVB time to assess his squad and make new signings without it taking more than 2 weeks of preseason training?

You do realise that the club probably had targets before the transfer window opened, and that AVB was probably not the original choice for manager, therefore the targets changed.

there is no quote! Of course i realise that avb needs to have a look at what he has and im not saying he shouldnt do that or make panic buys. What i am saying is that im pretty sure that he knows where needs strengthening and im also fairly sure he has targets in mind, the fella is renowned for how meticulous he is in his work, all im saying is make the signings sooner rather than later.

I understand your argument. However you assume that what we see on the face, is true behind closed doors. Maybe negotiations and bids are being taken place and lodged. We know of a few targets we're openly chasing because clubs have chosen to reveal them, however there may be a few more we're completely unaware of. I get your point about time to gel and play together asap. However patience is key.

your 100% right about that and ive made the point before that none of us actually know who will be signed or potentially who we are after.

there is no quote! Of course i realise that avb needs to have a look at what he has and im not saying he shouldnt do that or make panic buys. What i am saying is that im pretty sure that he knows where needs strengthening and im also fairly sure he has targets in mind, the fella is renowned for how meticulous he is in his work, all im saying is make the signings sooner rather than later.

There is a quote on my screen.

Maybe 'approval' was the wrong choice of word on my half. I meant that if a signing isn't an AVB signing, it is a club signing (for example Torres), and wouldn't necessarily be a player AVB wanted/asked for, which could essentially lead to more problems. We have to compromise, we can't expect the manager to sign targets so quickly. We're always involved in a long, drawn-out saga.

I'm sure AVB has identified the type of players he needs and that the club could have even made distant enquiries about players, that doesn't necessarily mean a bid has been placed, but if a club knows Chelsea are interested, chances are they would want to wait until we confirm interest as it would only drive the value of their player upwards. He has already said there will be no radical changes, and that he wants to get the best out of the players we currently have. People expecting a radical overhaul will be disappointed.

Just to add:

Comparisons to Liverpool are redundant anyway. Many of the players we are 'linked' with and are apparently interested in are in demand by various clubs across Europe, between many of the most powerful clubs on the continent. Transfers like this are always going to take longer due to the complexities of the player/agent's situation, where as players like Charlie Adam (domestic) transfers could be completed much more quickly.

Messi, Villa, Pedro, Sanchez - Drogba, Kalou, Malouda, Anelka

The difference is as clear as daylight. . . . to add to that.

Real madrid- C.Ronaldo, Ozil, Di Maria, Benzema,Higuain

Man utd- Chicharito,Rooney,Berbatov,Nani,Valencia

Yet Lampard and other delusional folks thinks our current squad is competitive enough. smh

:fainthv9:

If we don't change something, we will be smashed down...

AVB is starting to strike me as the "overly-optimistic" type .. . . .there's nothing wrong with being optimistic and beleiving in your ideas and system but that should be balanced out with some reality check. this squad needs major overhaul imho.. . especially in the midfield and attacking department.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You